Celebrity Eclipse . Be honest

54 minutes ago, Willwils said:

Hello neighbor. Sailing on. Eclipse 10/11/24 on the reposition cruise from Boston. Last month quite a few people in our 55+ community came down with Covid. We were on a Panama Canal(full) cruise in February and arrived home with Covid, even though we had shots in fall of'23.  Getting the new Covid shots this week, hoping it works. From reading these threads on CC think they need to do more to prevent the spread of infection.  One thing we try is to wear mask on elevators or otherwise avoid ones that are full. Do they insist people wash hands or sanitize when entering dining?

They consistently had crew stationed at entrances of OVC with sanitizer urging passengers to use sanitizer in addition to the sanitizer station. 

GO PHILLIES!!

Edited by Luvcrusn

I sailed on Eclipse this summer.  It was OK.  Nothing special but nothing bad. 

I would sail on Eclipse again if the price was right.

Personally, I prefer Constellation.

Just disembarked her yesterday. I was surprised that Eclipse was in as good of shape as she was. Yes, some worn furniture arms but carpets all over the ship didn't seem tired at all.

As far as covid, I did come down with my annual September infection, but DH is okay thus far. Whether I and two of our four freinds with us got it on the ship, or on an excursion who knows? This time around it's just like a very bad cold pre-2020.

Edited by TMLAalum
  • Like 1

Eclipse is going for dry dock March 2025, so many of the soft goods should be refreshed before your sail in June.

We just got off the ship yesterday. The crew was outstanding! We noticed some of the worn upholstery and soft goods, but it didn’t affect our enjoyment of the cruise.

Virus spread is nothing new to the cruise industry, i.e. Norovirus. I think there should be more messaging onboard to remind everyone about hand washing, sanitizing etc. It just seemed like business as usual from pre-COVID times. There are hand sanitizer stations all around the ship. I really would like to see them wipe down tables in the Ocean View Cafe between guests. The servers would clear the plates and then move on to the next table. 

Hope you enjoy your British Isles cruise. I wouldn’t hesitate to sail Eclipse again.

• Like 1

We also disembarked the Eclipse last Sunday in Boston.  We had a wonderful cruise and would sail on her again......and we will in the fall of 2025.  We were in a Sky Suite on deck 12.  I was nervous about the noise from the Oceanview Cafe above us, but it wasn't bad at all.  Yes, there were times that it was annoying, but we were able to get a good night's sleep each night.  Our cabin was great even if it was a little dated decor-wise.  We had tons of storage and black-out curtains and sheers. Our butler was very visual, saw him at least 2-3 times a day, more than any other cruise.  (We weren't asking him for anything specifically, he was just always in the hall!) We had a large suitcase that was damaged somewhere between the Boston port and our stateroom.  Celebrity brought us a brand new large suitcase.......AND repaired our old one the best they could (and did a great job, so we decided to keep it). We also had a bad experience with one ship excursion in Halifax; the traffic was so bad that we were not able to get to either place we were promised.  After going back and forth with the shore excursion desk, we were able to get 100% back!  The food in the Luminae was fantastic and our waiter was the most attentive we have had on any Celebrity cruise, including the Ascent!  

On another note, my husband was ill the last two days of the cruise.  He said it was like a bad cold or the flu.  I never got sick.  He is very careful so he is unsure how he picked it up.  He basically stayed in the cabin except when he had to go through immigration at Portland, ME, but returned to the ship immediately.  Luminae gave me some soup to take to him the first evening.  The elevators were VERY crowded, and we tried to use the stairs every chance we got.

Overall it was a great cruise.  Service was wonderful, entertainment was good. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 5:23 PM, phoenix_dream said:

That has zero to do with the increase in cases.  It's happening on land every bit as much as at sea.  There are pros and cons of all companies but in my lengthy experience with Celebrity I can tell you unequivocally that they are very, very good with their cleaning and sanitizing. 

We were on Eclipse for 24 days.  For the first time we arrived home healthy, no covid, no flu, no cold.  Our son and daughter in law went to a family gathering and have been down with covid for two weeks. There is no shot for the latest strain available yet.  (Where I live)  My conclusion, ships are safer than home.