Same name in 2 different rooms.

My wife and her girlfriends are planning a cruise.My wife and one friend are already booked, A 3 person wants to go and is ready to book, but doesn't have a cabin mate yet. Can I use my wife's name as the 2nd in the cabin as a place holder, and when doing this, can use the D+ balcony discount. Thanks for any info.

10 minutes ago, jptoz said:

My wife and her girlfriends are planning a cruise.My wife and one friend are already booked, A 3 person wants to go and is ready to book, but doesn't have a cabin mate yet. Can I use my wife's name as the 2nd in the cabin as a place holder, and when doing this, can use the D+ balcony discount. Thanks for any info.

She can't be booked in two cabins on the same cruise.  As far as the D+ discount, someone in the cabin has to be D+ to get the discount, if it even applies to cruise rate that is being booked.

Posted (edited)

On a side note, check the difference between your D+ balcony discount and the promotion in place for that sailing as typically the two cannot be combined and often the promo promotional fares are better than the D+ discount. Do mock bookings first with your C&A number included, and then one without to see.  But in most cases it cannot be combined and the it will be one or the other for the best fare.

Either way, as mentioned by others, the D+ discount can only be used on one stateroom by that person, which will be the one in which they are ultimately booked.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Not if your wife is already booked in another stateroom.

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

She can't be booked in two cabins on the same cruise.  As far as the D+ discount, someone in the cabin has to be D+ to get the discount, if it even applies to cruise rate that is being booked.

There are absolutely no restrictions on having the same person booked in 2 rooms at the same time.  Obviously this needs to be changed prior to sailing but it is not an issue for what the OP is doing although while he vould get the balcony discount it will be taken away once his wife is removed.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 hours ago, jptoz said:

No issues at all but no point on getting your wife's balcony discount applied as it will drop off once her name is replaced. 

8 hours ago, jptoz said:

Why not use your name?  If you are married you should be the same tier as her.