LOVE luggage valet !

Shippy

I do not know how many ports do this.

We just returned from Discovery to Seattle airport.

The service to that airport is actually free. You fill out the form a few days before your trip is over.

Then the day before the end, your boarding passes & luggage tags are delivered to your cabin.

You put the luggage to be delivered outside your cabin door that evening.

You do not see it again until you reach your home airport, San Francisco for us.

The best part for me is that I always pack to much. We actually brought a small luggage scale with us because I knew I was going to buy a few things & did not want the luggage to be over weight.

I was shocked when I read the luggage valet  paper....it said it did not matter how heavy your bag was. I checked with guess services & they said that was true. So no pressure, I did not even weigh my bag....I was sure it was over but no problem...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

maybe...

*Airline-assessed baggage fees will be applied to your onboard account when applicable as per your airline's rules.

There is no way my airline would miss out on raking in their cash haul from overweight baggage! 🤣

• Haha 1

Not every one has the same good experience.  There was a complaint a few weeks ago on Princess' X page regarding Port Valet in Seattle where some employee dropped the ball and affixed someone's baggage tag to someone else's suitcase.  I blocked out the full names in the photo, but the names on the official airline tags do not match.  Glad the person who received the luggage was honest and returned the piece of luggage to the airline so it could be sent to the rightful owner.

Personally, I won't let anyone check in my luggage except for me.  Heck I get nervous leaving my luggage to the porters.  I always do self walk off.  Not sure what happened to the questions from the 90s by the airline check in agents which went something along the lines of, "has your luggage been in you possession at all times?"

Screenshot 2024-07-22 235228.jpg

Any time luggage is checked there is a chance it will go astray.  A couple from Utah picked up.my bag after a cruise that ended in San Pedro.  Took 2 weeks to get it back.  Airlines mischeck thousands of bags every year.  Anerican Airlines sent a bag of mine to TUC instead of TUS.  It arrived in Tucson a few days later damaged and almost empty.  TUC is in Argentina. 

The only absolute guarantee is to carry your bag on board.

Posted (edited)

I try and mitigate risk when I travel.  I can't control what the airline does to my luggage once it leaves my hands at check-in, but if I'm the one checking it in at the airport counter, I know that it's tagged to the correct destination because I watch the agent affixing the tag onto my suitcase or I'm the one to do it myself.  There was one time in Hong Kong that Cathay Pacific agents were sharing a luggage tag printer.  I caught the agent affixing a tag that read SGN (Saigon, Vietnam) instead of SFO (San Francisco), which was my destination.  You better believe I stopped the agent in her tracks.  

Edited by SCX22

We just returned three weeks ago after a wonderful week on the Enchanted Princess.  Our return was to Ft Lauderdale, and yes, there was Luggage Forward available to us.  We used that years ago, loved it and still love it. We put out our luggage the night before departure and saw our bags at our home airport.  BUT, we always travel with Air Tags.  So we knew our bags were loaded at each airport, as well we kept track of them on the airline website.  A wonderful convenience.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SCX22 said:

I try and mitigate risk when I travel

I also take a picture of what I've packed so if it goes missing I can get minimum $500 up to 3k to replace items through my credit card. It won't take $500 to replace so I'm good. Read somewhere that I can also file a claim with the airlines 

17 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I also take a picture of what I've packed so if it goes missing I can get minimum $500 up to 3k to replace items through my credit card. It won't take $500 to replace so I'm good. Read somewhere that I can also file a claim with the airlines 

Great idea.  One can only do so much.  Air tags are great to track bags, but little you can do when people take bags that are not theirs - at the airport or port.

As for watching the airline personnel tag bags correctly - completely agree.  No idea what happened to me as 2 bags arrived OK and one astray. 

As for losses.  Airline provided me about $1500 without a big hassle for lost stuff. Chase Sapphire reimbursed the rest.   The issue is time time and effort to replace things today.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Great idea.  One can only do so much.  Air tags are great to track bags, but little you can do when people take bags that are not theirs - at the airport or port.

As for watching the airline personnel tag bags correctly - completely agree.  No idea what happened to me as 2 bags arrived OK and one astray. 

As for losses.  Airline provided me about $1500 without a big hassle for lost stuff. Chase Sapphire reimbursed the rest.   The issue is time time and effort to replace things today.

Yeah. I need an hour in a Marks & Spencer (or similar) store but the trick is finding one

I travel with either my 17" or 22" case but have to check as I pack wine. Not totally impressed with Princess' selection. 1, 2, or 3 bottles depending in length of cruise & don't want to waste time searching for my favorites 

Edited by Ombud

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

maybe...

*Airline-assessed baggage fees will be applied to your onboard account when applicable as per your airline's rules.

that is for your checked baggage fee.

It clearly states on their form you fill out that weight limits do not apply. That is why I checked with guest services. They agreed & said not to worry about weight... so i did not. I am sure I was over as I had only 1 pound grace when we started & I bought things. I was not charged.

9 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Not every one has the same good experience.  There was a complaint a few weeks ago on Princess' X page regarding Port Valet in Seattle where some employee dropped the ball and affixed someone's baggage tag to someone else's suitcase.  I blocked out the full names in the photo, but the names on the official airline tags do not match.  Glad the person who received the luggage was honest and returned the piece of luggage to the airline so it could be sent to the rightful owner.

Personally, I won't let anyone check in my luggage except for me.  Heck I get nervous leaving my luggage to the porters.  I always do self walk off.  Not sure what happened to the questions from the 90s by the airline check in agents which went something along the lines of, "has your luggage been in you possession at all times?"

Screenshot 2024-07-22 235228.jpg

Do not really understand how that could happen. YOU put the luggage tag on the bag yourself before it leaves your cabin.

5 hours ago, Boku said:

I put an AirTag in my cases, that way I have a pretty good idea where they are.

I LOVE airtags. I have one in each suitcase. 

I am always misplacing my apple earbuds. There is actually a case to attach an airtag to them.

I have sometimes had to activate the noise feature on the tag at home to find them  !