bringing bottle water on embarkation day in Barcelona

We brought on about 8 bottles of wine and vermut, and were looking for security take it away until we debarked. The port staff couldn’t understand why we would want to do that, and asked if we couldn’t keep it in our closet.

We agreed that we could, and did.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

They sell drinks after security in the terminal-shops!

If those are the shops at the top of the escalator we have purchased several bottles of liquor and gone straight onboard with no problem. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

We brought on about 8 bottles of wine and vermut, and were looking for security take it away until we debarked. The port staff couldn’t understand why we would want to do that, and asked if we couldn’t keep it in our closet.

We agreed that we could, and did.

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

If those are the shops at the top of the escalator we have purchased several bottles of liquor and gone straight onboard with no problem. 

I can't believe this is the first time I'm hearing of this 😂

8 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

You actually walk through the shop before going up the escalator onto the ship. You are already through security. There is nothing to stop you walking back off the ship and buying more. Repeat as necessary! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sailorsgal said:

Can you buy  Vodka and wine in these shops . We have read they take it off you and you can get thrown off the ship. ??

Firstly you’re allowed to take one bottle of wine per person onboard. 
Secondly the wine shop is after the X-ray security at checkin. There has never ( in my experience) been a second X-ray machine as you board the ship. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sailorsgal said:

Can you buy  Vodka and wine in these shops . We have read they take it off you and you can get thrown off the ship. ??

Yes, there is other alcohol besides wine. My daughter just went through end of June, and there was no 2nd security. She dropped stuff off and went back down to pick up a couple more bottles of wine and unique Pringles…..LOL

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Yes, there is other alcohol besides wine. My daughter just went through end of June, and there was no 2nd security. She dropped stuff off and went back down to pick up a couple more bottles of wine and unique Pringles…..LOL

Good to hear that there is a snack shop with Pringles lol

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sailorsgal said:

I have bought two bottles of Makers and a bottle of Grey rose for a 15 night TA. Walked out of the shop with their bags and logo, right onto the ship and carried it around waiting for cabins to open. Have done this twice for two separate TA'S.

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, sailorsgal said:

Not in Barcelona!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Teeara said:

Not in Barcelona!

People who haven't done these sailings or has never tried to bring on alcohol will just post the general RCL rules. The truth is they could care less if you bring on alcohol during port/embarkation visits. Its just a different vibe over there. 

We always do the premium drink package so not such a big deal for us, but typically get a bottle to keep in the room and more importantly buy nice local stuff to bring home. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, niugrads said:

Is the shop (after security) available to all Barcelona terminals? 

I don't believe so.  In 2022 there was no shop in Terminal C from what I had been told.  We all boarded in Terminal B and that is where the shop that we know of is located.

4 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

People who haven't done these sailings or has never tried to bring on alcohol will just post the general RCL rules. The truth is they could care less if you bring on alcohol during port/embarkation visits. Its just a different vibe over there. 

We always do the premium drink package so not such a big deal for us, but typically get a bottle to keep in the room and more importantly buy nice local stuff to bring home. 

I would never have guessed it either.  I was very surprised to learn about Barcelona's shop having heard all the "nos" regarding taking alcohol onboard the ship.  

We don't drink much ourselves so it isn't an issue, but the water would be nice.  I don't remember seeing any bottled water in the shop, but I would think that as long as you have a luggage tag taped to it then it wouldn't be a problem.

49 minutes ago, Teeara said:

I don't believe so.  In 2022 there was no shop in Terminal C from what I had been told.  We all boarded in Terminal B and that is where the shop that we know of is located.

We embarked on Harmony in Barcelona a few years ago, which took up two terminals.  One terminal, no shops, but the other terminal had all the shops, from soup to nuts.  We embarked in the terminal without the shops.  Once we got on board, a friend told us about the shops in the other terminal, so we got off, picked up a case of water, several bottles of wine, a couple bottles of spirits, and some other goodies.  There was no security to get back on board the ship, so we boarded with all our "stuff" and walked directly to our stateroom to drop it off.  

There must be some agreement with the local authorities that they would provide the initial security, and then we were free to purchase from their duty free store without fear of anything being confiscated when we boarded the ship.  

• Like 1