Captains Club points for Sunset Sky Suite

cobber1967

Is it true that if you book a Sunset Sky Suite (on E class ship) you will receive 12 Captains Club points per day rather than the 8 points per day you would receive in a regular Sky Suite?  Just wanted to confirm because the price jump from Sky Suite to Sunset Sky Suite is not that significant compared to the jump from Sunset Sky Suite to the next category (Celebrity Suite).  The points difference seems significant though.

Just now, cobber1967 said:

Thanks for this.  I was originally confused by the fact that Sunset suite is mentioned also in the 12 point per night category.

The "Sunset Suite" that earns 12 points per night is on certain Millennium class ships. It's essentially two cabins side by side with one converted into a Living Room Dining Room and the other cabin is the Master Bedroom.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

The "Sunset Suite" that earns 12 points per night is on certain Millennium class ships. It's essentially two cabins side by side with one converted into a Living Room Dining Room and the other cabin is the Master Bedroom.

Actually they are not two cabins combined.  They are the old FV cabins renamed Ultra Deluxe Veranda, which used to be configured to sleep 5 with the bed separated from a living space with 2 sofas and another TV by a sliding partition.  These aft stateroom also have very large balconies.

On Connie and I believe Inifinity they were re-classified as Sunset Suites and have Retreat privileges.   On Summit and Millie they remain Ultra Deluxe Veranda.

To me they don't really qualify as suite accommodations as they have the same bathroom as an inside stateroom!

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Actually they are not two cabins combined.  They are the old FV cabins renamed Ultra Deluxe Veranda, which used to be configured to sleep 5 with the bed separated from a living space with 2 sofas and another TV by a sliding partition.  These aft stateroom also have very large balconies.

On Connie and I believe Inifinity they were re-classified as Sunset Suites and have Retreat privileges.   On Summit and Millie they remain Ultra Deluxe Veranda.

To me they don't really qualify as suite accommodations as they have the same bathroom as an inside stateroom!

You nailed it.  These would be preferred by most to any Sky Suite.  More room both inside and out.  Back in the day, we were always afraid to book an FV Guarantee when they showed up -- for fear we might instead get upgraded to a Sky Suite!

2 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

The 4 Horizon Suites on Silhouette and Equinox were also briefly named Sunset Suites after being converted from the Family Veranda cabins (four per ship).

Posted (edited)

The day I learned different suites have different CC points..today.

I do appreciate everyone’s descriptions of the different suites..

Edited by PTC DAWG

We have a sunset sky suite booked on Eclipse next year. I believe it comes with Retreat benefits, correct??? Now I'm wondering if we were just confused when we booked it (our first Celebrity cruise(s)......i didn't notice that we would only be receiving 8 points instead of 12. The other leg of our B2B is in a Celebrity Suite....