No more Bvlgari products on Silversea?

Stefan_Cruise

I am right now on the Silver whisper and I was told from my room steward that from the 1st of july there are no more Bvlgari products available in the suites. He told me the new product line but I have not heard of the new brand

Maybe this is on other ships too?

There is a move towards using the ""big bottles""; for shampoo, etc.; on my recent cruise it was the OTIUM spa line.  There may be more changes coming as your butler suggested.  On Siver Nova (back over Christmas), Bulgari products were available on request.

It is NOT just Silversea that is making such changes: there is a move industry wide (ships but also hotels) away from the small ""hotel size"" toilet articles.  (Same with bottled water.)  I am not going to get into enviornmental politics, we are all entitled to our opinions, but there are huge issues that the industry must deal with.  Look at what is going on in certain ports (say Amsterdam) where prostestors are stopping scheduled ships from entering ports.

Silversea scored big with the enviormentally friendly design of Nova and Ray - those feature are discussed in every article that I read concerning this innovative ships.  Times are changing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stefan_Cruise said:

I am right now on the Silver whisper and I was told from my room steward that from the 1st of july there are no more Bvlgari products available in the suites. He told me the new product line but I have not heard of the new brand.  Maybe this is on other ships too?

Say it ain't so!!  Hope there will be future good options and variety for what can be used in the Silversea suites.  Understand what some hotels are doing these days with larger pump bottles on the shower walls, etc.   But, in the past, having choices and varied products had its significant advantages, too.  "Luxury" in my mind means varied, best potentials.  Not just the "generic" soap and conditioner where "one size fits all".  Legitimately, there are people who have needs and/or preferences for products with no scent, etc. 

Below are some visuals from past cruises to bring back the "great memories"!!!

On our recent February Mumbai to Singapore Silver Moon cruise, they no longer had the green, round Bvlgari soap that I loved so super much.  In previous cruises, I would always get and take extras of that wonderful green, round soap product to use at home and bring back nice memories from such luxury Silversea cruises.  

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio   

India to Singapore 2024:  Live/Blog over 22,800 views with many visuals, including for “Golden Triangle”, Japan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Malaysia:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2992045-live-terryohio-india-to-signapore-silver-moon-rising-pix’s/

Here are a couple of visuals from past cruises as to the various luxury items that had been offered and available.  Love the memories!!:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these visuals larger/better!)

image.thumb.jpeg.b427339369ddc239c31408048817913e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d679ee9b690e671189aa29925eae1cea.jpeg

• Like 6

Earlier this month the standard Bvlgari bottles were available on Silver Ray. 

The big Otium bottles were there. Shampoo body wash felt ok, but the scent was somewhere between mildly unpleasant and dull. not a winner.

Given that scent and memory (and sales!) are linked, it’s time to get rid of Otium and negotiate a new Bvlgari contract. 

• Like 4

I don't care how much SS or upmarket hotels spruik how environmentally friendly the big bottles are I bet they would not use them if they were more expensive than the individual small bottles.

i also dislike the fact that they are often in inconvenient positions especially for those of us who love a good soak in a bath.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, drron29 said:

i also dislike the fact that they are often in inconvenient positions especially for those of us who love a good soak in a bath.

The ones in the shower are inconvenient for anyone who is left-handed.  [Maybe for everybody, but I only know my experience.]  Liquid Prell was the greatest invention in the last 2,000 years [says Mel Brooks, and I agree].  But you could hold the bottle of Prell in your hand and squeeze out as much as you wanted - and it stayed in your hand.  These wall-mounted things:  I pump and pump, and half of it squirts past my hand right onto the shower floor.  So that makes the floor slippery, doesn't 'save the planet', and p's me off!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The ones in the shower are inconvenient for anyone who is left-handed.  [Maybe for everybody, but I only know my experience.]  Liquid Prell was the greatest invention in the last 2,000 years [says Mel Brooks, and I agree].  But you could hold the bottle of Prell in your hand and squeeze out as much as you wanted - and it stayed in your hand.  These wall-mounted things:  I pump and pump, and half of it squirts past my hand right onto the shower floor.  So that makes the floor slippery, doesn't 'save the planet', and p's me off!

I am lwft handed. I move the bottles when I can and put up:my products. On another line I brought products in the spa that I like better. And I bring on my own soap for sink as I hate bar soap.

On 8/29/2024 at 1:20 PM, DavyWavey70 said:

I Must say every time I smell Bvlgari it reminds me of being on a SS cruise. Such a shame that such things are spiralling downwards. 

Appreciate that great comments and follow-up as to the excellent Bvlgari smell that I love to have a home, soak up and bring back those wonderful memories from Silversea cruising.  What comes next?  Better or worse?  

• Like 1

On 8/29/2024 at 1:20 PM, DavyWavey70 said:

I Must say every time I smell Bvlgari it reminds me of being on a SS cruise. Such a shame that such things are spiralling downwards. 

I couldn't agree more.  The Bvlgari fragrance a small detail but one that made SS stand out from other lines.  Too bad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jdaa said:

I couldn't agree more.  The Bvlgari fragrance a small detail but one that made SS stand out from other lines.  Too bad.

On two different cruises with Oceana in late 2018 and early 2020, they did have the Bvlgari products.  Not sure as to their current offerings with that cruise line associated with Norwegian sailing family.  The soap, conditioner, etc., products are not the major factor for picking our cruise lines.  BUT, having good options with these items does make the "luxury" more meaningful.  

Amazon River-Caribbean 2015 adventure live/blog starting in Barbados on the Silver Cloud for 26 days. Many visuals from this amazing river and Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, San Juan, etc.).  Now at 76,503 views:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2076101-live-amazon-river-caribbean-many-pix’s-terryohio/

When on the Nova last year, they did have the "Otium" products in the refillable bottles in the suite (rather meh as far as scent goes), but the public areas were still doused with Bvlgari White Tea, and quite strong in some places too.

We were in a Medallion Suite and they did bring us the Bvlgari and Ortigia products upon request.  They might be winding that down, though. 

By the way, I had noticed that since Covid, the veranda suites had Bvlgari Green Tea products,  which is a lighter herbal scent.  We asked for the White Tea products once and were told those were only in the fancier suites!  

9 hours ago, alexandria said:

Just another example of "cheapening" what was once a premiere luxury brand. But regrettably Silversea isn't alone in that regard.

It could be something else - Ritz Carlon Yachts (a new player in the ultra luxury cruise market) just announced that their latest vessel will have the first BULGARI AT SEA shop at sea.  Could it possibly that BULGARI has entnered into some kind of marketing agreement with Ritz Carlo that could prevent Silversea from offering Bulgair products onboard?  Just a guess;   Lets see what happens, Silversea will come up with another special brand.  There are also the enviornmental issuues of small bottles that I mentioned above.

In our Medallion Suite on the Nova, over the holiday, we still had all of the Bulgari products (varioius scents) we could ask for.

BTW - 30 years ago, when Silversea was just the Cloud and Wind, wasnt there a Bulgari Boutique onboard?

1 hour ago, LAL Cruiser said:

It could be something else - Ritz Carlon Yachts (a new player in the ultra luxury cruise market) just announced that their latest vessel will have the first BULGARI AT SEA shop at sea.  Could it possibly that BULGARI has entnered into some kind of marketing agreement with Ritz Carlo that could prevent Silversea from offering Bulgair products onboard?  Just a guess;   Lets see what happens, Silversea will come up with another special brand.  There are also the enviornmental issuues of small bottles that I mentioned above.

In our Medallion Suite on the Nova, over the holiday, we still had all of the Bulgari products (varioius scents) we could ask for.

BTW - 30 years ago, when Silversea was just the Cloud and Wind, wasnt there a Bulgari Boutique onboard?

Well they could go back to Ferragamo but I doubt it. Maybe Lynx is next?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PinonNoir said:

All the products on our current cruise on Silver Dawn are Bvlgari.  I don't follow trends like this, just responding, as we are well past July 1st.

Even if Bulgaria is being discontinued, existing stock needs to be used up.

I didn’t particularly like the Otium products when on board Silver Wind this year, but I did prefer the larger bottles over those small ones.

On 8/30/2024 at 11:54 AM, TLCOhio said:

On two different cruises with Oceana in late 2018 and early 2020, they did have the Bvlgari products.   

We just got off them the end of August and they still have them - for now.

4 hours ago, Woofbite said:

We just got off them the end of August and they still have them - for now.

Great above follow-up and to know that Oceania still is offering that wonderful brand. 

Here's a well-known American brand.  Would Old Spice achieve that high standard?  And, all in just one container, this would offer shampoo and conditioner, together!!  Does this brand say luxury for Silversea?

image.thumb.jpeg.c2e648791729936672fb91902c20b7c9.jpeg

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Edited by TLCOhio
  • Haha 3