Shore excursion sale - pricing issues

LadyBerard

Today, I checked on some shore excursions which I have booked for two sailings.  For our sailing on Eclipse repo cruise this Oct., we have booked in Bonaire, the Samur boat excursion.  Since we booked it at 25 percent off, I canceled it as it is showing at 30 percent off today. However, when rebook and I put it into my cart, it raises the price of it.  I also have a cruise on Eclipse on 1/20/25, and noticed our excursion in Antigua was now 30 percent off.  So, I canceled it, and then went to rebook it, and it changes the price back to what I had paid for it originally.  Anybody else having the same issues?

I ended up just rebooking the shore excursions, as I do want them, and it's not worth risking to save about $10 each pp on them.

Before anybody asks, the pricing pp was showing lower than the pricing pp was when I originally booked it but when put in the cart, it raised the pp price back to what I paid previously.  Very strange.  Never had this happen before when repricing/rebooking excursions or drink packages.

One other thing, I did not receive confirmation emails, either for canceling, nor for rebooking.  When I look under my orders, it shows a new booking confirmation number, but it does not say it's booked.  The funds were deducted from our on board credit for the rebookings though.

As has been shown, the Celebrity IT/website etc is notoriously bad.  Call them and see what you get, probably different tbh.  I looked quickly today and Im fine with what I paid,, I think one of my excursions for my december cruise was 2 dollars less today.  

I have found from experience to call and explain the lower price availability and they issue a credit. Sometimes you must wait for a time on the line but if you get the credit, good.  It really depends on the rep.  By calling you can be assured that you will not lose your tour or reservation.

I recently tried to get a 5% discount on a new dining reservation and found after 4 or 5 calls with reps who knew nothing I realized I would have saved $1.50 pp or $3.  Definitely not worth the time and annoyance with the reps.

Posted (edited)

I just cancelled and rebooked an excursion also to save a few $$.  Did not receive confirmations either.  And, the refund should be going back to my OBC but hasn't showed up yet either. Hopefully, it gets straightened out soon, as I really don't feel like spending time calling

Edited by ecslady

2 minutes ago, fenton04 said:

Weird but true.  On IPAD I get bad gateway and cannot sign in.  Chromebook no problem!

Thats a cookie thing in your browser. Need to clear cookies then it will be ok. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Before anybody asks, the pricing pp was showing lower than the pricing pp was when I originally booked it but when put in the cart, it raised the pp price back to what I paid previously.  Very strange.  Never had this happen before when repricing/rebooking excursions or drink packages.

Same issue for me with an APEX excursion.

Same issue with the drink package. Says 35% off but when I add to cart it is the same 30% I already purchased. I had cancelled the original so now have that $ tied up waiting for refund. Stayed on hold for a hour yesterday but tired of that and hung up. 

Same exact thing happening with the drink package upgrade this morning. Celebrity IT has never been good (honestly same for all cruise lines we have sailed) but this sale is the worst I have seen. 

I cancelled an excursion and went back to put it in my cart at the reduced rate. At that point I was seeing the same price that I’d originally paid. Put it in my cart anyway. And when I went to the cart to check out, I saw that I was in fact being charged the sale price. So somewhere between the cart and checkout the issue was corrected. 

• Like 1