Would you go today, on Spirit, for a song?

olindacat

I have an opportunity to sail next week on Spirit for a song, i.e., very low per diem solo. Would you go?

Repo to the boat is a real headache, expense, and involves non-lie-flat air unless I want to drop a pile of points for United, or fly into Europe lie-flat, and position from there on a 320/321.

If I skipped, I might try Explora instead. Newer, maybe more eager?

I'm booked on Ray in Jan. 

Read all the recent reviews. Food meh, boat carpet kinda gross, service great, excursions blah.

I love food and drink tho. Only 13 days in Iceland and then to Dover. I'm feeling like I'll hate myself if I don't go. (Yes, I need a nudge 🙂

Just do it, while you can.  Life can catch you unawares, so make the most of it while you have the chance.  You only regret the things you did not do, later on.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, olindacat said:

I have an opportunity to sail next week on Spirit for a song, i.e., very low per diem solo. Would you go?

Repo to the boat is a real headache, expense, and involves non-lie-flat air unless I want to drop a pile of points for United, or fly into Europe lie-flat, and position from there on a 320/321.

If I skipped, I might try Explora instead. Newer, maybe more eager?

I'm booked on Ray in Jan. 

Read all the recent reviews. Food meh, boat carpet kinda gross, service great, excursions blah.

I love food and drink tho. Only 13 days in Iceland and then to Dover. I'm feeling like I'll hate myself if I don't go. (Yes, I need a nudge 🙂

I'd be packing my bags rather than logging into cruise critic.  😀

Do let us know what you decide.

• Haha 1

I have Spirit booked for next year and have sailed her 3 previous times.😀

Hope you have a great cruise!

Thank you all—fellow cruisers and enablers—for your kind sentiments, inputs, and feedback.

In the 'Spirit' of reciprocation, I'll update (whoever cares to know) my status, but beg to forewarn all that I harbor 'hidden' reasons which may force a mission abort....

These reasons are unrelated to the ship or its itinerary....

So, as of now, I have today and/or tomorrow to cancel the cruise and a United flight miles redemption reservation (on Lufthansa metal) that takes me to KEF via FRA out of EWR.

I had contemplated a cash ticket Iceland Air's 5.5 hr toboggan ride, but worry I'd clot myself or frag my liver in the process, and paying $6-7k for a OW on United/Delta isn't worth the loot IMHO. So, a long haul in F on the 747 is set-up.

My cruise cabin booking was a WL'd reservation I made for myself as a travel agent booking. I have a 0% supplement, and am booked as a regular customer. I reserved a CS (w/o a verandah), and have received a confirmation and upgrade to a VS.

As I said: I have other circumstances which may prevent me from going. As these are wholly unrelated to Silversea, it is unfair for me to encumber this fine brand's afficianados with my own personal 'issues'.

Thanks to all of you for confirming my beliefs that I ought to go.

I do love cruising so much, and you are extremely kind of have chimed in. 

Cheers, John

• Like 3