LIVE: 🇧🇲 Visions of Pink Sands 8/31 - 9/5 🇧🇲

So what’s in the goodie bag for this trip?

DW has refreshment drink package

I am once again rolling in here naked (not literally 😉👀) as far drink package goes.  Well, not totally naked, only partially i guess.  We have 5 D+ drinks each.  DW usually can’t use them all which works out really well for me 😬  Deluxe drink package price was way too high to be worthwhile.  Makes more sense to just pay for whatever I want beyond the vouchers.

Internet X2

Unlimited Dining

No formal excursions planned.  We plan to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach at least once maybe even both days.  Weather so far looks favorable for beach days.

We go with the flow.  We’ll see how the wind blows us those days.

• Like 9

I went and put the Schooner Bar on notice.  We had a nice pep talk, set expectations, all good.  😂  They promised to be on their A game.

Yinz know by now my go to cruise drink is Tito’s Pelligrino. Gotta wet the whistle.  

I’ll get into the brown juice later on 😉

IMG_3643.thumb.jpeg.41bbbc4b60cbd7cd2a750790f1fde803.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Funny you mention that… i checked on pre scheduling the uber early this morning and it was showing around $45.  I remembered thinking that is ridiculous, I can literally see the ship.  

DW got the Uber while I ran to the car to drop unneeded items.  She must have the touch.

Pre-scheduling w/Uber always jacks up the price as there is an extra fee (varies from $15 to $35) to reserve.    Once I realized this I stopped pre-booking.     I think Lyft does this too.    

• Like 2

We have bets on luggage arrival.  Over/under set at 7 doors.  I think when our luggage arrives it will be over 7 doors away in either direction (and separated)  

DW took the under.  She’s very optimistic.  She thinks it will be together and right outside our door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

We have bets on luggage arrival.  Over/under set at 7 doors.  I think when our luggage arrives it will be over 7 doors away in either direction (and separated)  

DW took the under.  She’s very optimistic.  She thinks it will be together and right outside our door.

What does the winner get?

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Pre-scheduling w/Uber always jacks up the price as there is an extra fee (varies from $15 to $35) to reserve.    Once I realized this I stopped pre-booking.     I think Lyft does this too.    

I did not realize there was an upcharge for that.  I pre scheduled in Puerto Rico last year.  Probably got hosed!!  🤣

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

So what’s in the goodie bag for this trip?

DW has refreshment drink package

I am once again rolling in here naked (not literally 😉👀) as far drink package goes.  Well, not totally naked, only partially i guess.  We have 5 D+ drinks each.  DW usually can’t use them all which works out really well for me 😬  Deluxe drink package price was way too high to be worthwhile.  Makes more sense to just pay for whatever I want beyond the vouchers.

Internet X2

Unlimited Dining

No formal excursions planned.  We plan to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach at least once maybe even both days.  Weather so far looks favorable for beach days.

We go with the flow.  We’ll see how the wind blows us those days.

Bermuda has a great bus and ferry system.   We usually buy the 1 or 2 day pass at the welcome center that is located at the cruise pier.     Sometimes we take the ferry to St. George and go to the beach that end of the island then take the bus back to Hamilton and hop on the ferry back to the cruise dock.    Great way to see the island.

One trip the bartender at Hog's Penny (great bar in Hamilton) told us to take bus # (don't remember) and get off at a certain stop and we would find a beautiful beach that locals go to.   We did as we thought we were told to do and had a short walk down a cliff (via some steps from a house that was no longer there) and had the beach all to ourselves for several hours.     It was amazing.    We went back that night to see the bartender and thank him.    He asked where the hell were we that wasn't where he told us to go----😁

A bus trip to the lighthouse is nice.   Great view if you are up to walking to the top.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
Just now, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Nothing crazy.  

She has to deliver my morning coffee from the lounge machine if I win. 

If I lose I have to deliver her breakfast in bed.

Love it!!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is probably why ours was so high.  We pre reserved it.  If it hadn’t been hot and humid, we would have walked to the port.  Just didn’t want to ruin our boarding day photos, looking like we had an intense workout in the gym. 

• Like 3

Looking forward to following along.  We were in 8588 once, with that wonderful balcony, used the spa staircase a lot.  We enjoyed Vision even without all the bells and whistles.  Great ship for your itinerary.  Bon Voyage, enjoy 🥂🎉

• Like 3

Winner winner Luggage was well over 7 doors away.  Might have to call it a push though because it looked like they were delivering to rooms but we saw the pile of luggage by the elevator lobby and just grabbed ours before they had the chance.  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Maybe you'll get lucky and find it inside the door!!😉

Following!!!

Bon Voyage to you and your DW!!!!!🛳️

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Winner winner Luggage was well over 7 doors away.  Might have to call it a push though because it looked like they were delivering to rooms but we saw the pile of luggage by the elevator lobby and just grabbed ours before they had the chance.  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Ah well, forget what I just posted about finding your luggage inside your room.  

Anyway,......wishing you a great cruise, calm seas, great weather...you know the deal...

BON VOYAGE!!!!🛳️

• Thanks 1

Sorry I am late to the party Mark. I will be following along on your adventures. I am interested in knowing how you like this itinerary and how you like Vision. I like small ships but haven’t been on this one yet. Cheers and bon voyage from Sea Dog. Drink one or two…..maybe three for me.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Sorry I am late to the party Mark. I will be following along on your adventures. I am interested in knowing how you like this itinerary and how you like Vision. I like small ships but haven’t been on this one yet. Cheers and bon voyage from Sea Dog. Drink one or two…..maybe three for me.

No worries 😉  You’re always welcome on any of my threads!  Cheers 🍻 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

How was you meal at Chops on Vision.

Very good this time.  Honestly, Ive  been a bit disappointed with some Chops experiences recently but this one was very good.  Our waiter Perci was fantastic.  We will request him every time we go there.

• Like 4