Voyager vs Serenade for Young Adults

Posted (edited)

Group of 4 college age kids considering Voyager and Serenade for Spring Break cruise - same itinerary (Mexico), basically same price. Not huge partiers, but would love some fun places (clubs, bars etc) to hang out in and fun people to meet.

Also, one would only be 20 years old at time of sailing. As long as someone 21+ in in the cabin with her, RC says she can board "alone", correct? (She knows she cannot drink onboard)

Thanks!!

Edited by hlauburn

• hlauburn changed the title to Voyager vs Serenade for Young Adults
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hlauburn said:

I put the wrong ship! It's Serenade, not Symphony. 

Serenade is even worse than Voyager for young people.

Edited by loman
added more detail

Serenade or Voyager are not spring breaker kinda ships.   

Yes, there are bars and a night club and will have some activities for young adults, but no where near as much as Oasis class will offer Or maybe Icon if they find reasonable prices.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loman said:

Serenade is even worse than Voyager for young people.

I sailed on the Serenade last fall through the Panama Canal and I thought it was a lovely ship. Yes, the majority of those onboard were in their 50s, 60s and 70s but, as someone in their late thirties, I didn’t feel out of place. 

I would recommend the Serenade as it was peaceful and had everything I needed. But, for those who are college age and prefer a more lively atmosphere, I’d probably recommend another ship. 

I’ll be going on the Voyager this fall. I prefer the longer cruises, so I can’t speak for Spring Break.

Posted (edited)

We just got off of Voyager in May. We absolutely loved the ship, but the one complaint we did have is that it is a ghost ship at night. By 11 pm it was very quiet, and only one area was open for dancing. Even in that area where we were all dancing it was us and only a handful of other people. If you are wanting a spring break feeling cruise, unfortunately those two ships probably won't have that "party" atmosphere of all the clubs and bars. Pretty sure Voyager had only two bars open till midnight and at 1 am everything was closed down. Again though, we loved the ship and recommend it, but definitely don't recommend for a spring break cruise! 

Edited by livetravelcruise07

Voyager. Fun promenade area, water slides, ice show and ice skating, rock climbing wall, flowcrider. Voyager was “amped” in 2019 and got some other stuff like sky pad, better water slide, laser tag, escape room. I don’t know how many of those are operational-ex. On recent Oasis, no laser tag our week. 

I’m also guessing at spring break it might also be more lively. 

Edited by elaine5
  • Like 1

If these are the options you've narrowed down because they fit your budget, go with voyager. I have a 22 year old daughter and she likes that class of ship, but definitely prefers the Oasis class a lot more (as do I). 

If you're open to other options, go with an Oasis class ship (Oasis, Allure, Harmony, Symphony, Wonder, Utopia). Waaaayyyyy more to do. 

• Like 1

Voyager was our first cruise and we loved it .Thats what got us hooked on cruising.

But as the ships on RC got bigger , we found we preferred Oasis class the most .

We sail for the ship now , and dont care about ports much anymore.

Reminds me , we have Symphony coming up in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, loman said:

Voyager was our first cruise and we loved it .Thats what got us hooked on cruising.

But as the ships on RC got bigger , we found we preferred Oasis class the most .

We sail for the ship now , and dont care about ports much anymore.

Reminds me , we have Symphony coming up in a few weeks. 

Symphony is my favorite ship so far. I'm excited to try wonder in December to see if I like (or notice) the upgrades.

You really can't go wrong with any oasis class (as long as you like that class of ship). I'm doing allure in a couple weeks, which I also did in July, and even though it's one of the oldest versions, I really like her too.  

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 3:03 PM, loman said:

I`m far from young but i will only choose Oasis class ships .

I`ve sailed most of the other classes and settled on Oasis class .

+ 1, wife and I are both in our 70's. Oasis class is by far our favorite.  Did 17 nights last year on Quantum and Ovation, boring as heck..

• Like 1