NCL “free at sea” beverage package

Cfcsw6

First time NCL cruiser. I have the for at sea beverage package and am trying to find out what exactly that includes. What brands of liquor, does it include bottled water, sodas, coffee, tea?

It does not include bottled water or soda cans (although you may get one now and then). Soda from gun is included, Drinks up to $15 are included (I'm sure someone will post a list soon of what brands of alchol are included). If drink is more than $15 you pay for what's over $15. You can get two drinks at a time and as long as you're not too drunk you can have as many as you like every day.
Regular coffee and tea is free for everyone. Speciality coffee is not included in the basic drinks package.

There is a handy flyer in the link that hallux provided that shows all the alcohols and non-alcoholic drinks included.  the standard free at see package is the Unlimited Open Bar Package.  

3 hours ago, Cfcsw6 said:

First time NCL cruiser. I have the for at sea beverage package and am trying to find out what exactly that includes. What brands of liquor, does it include bottled water, sodas, coffee, tea?

If you search the NCL website you should find the current list of included liquor and beer. ( @hallux posted the link) Bottled water is not included. Soda, by the glass is included. Speciality coffee is not included but regular coffee and tea is included. Coffee and tea are available in the buffet and any restaurant. The Starbucks is not included. 

Edited by zqvol

Thanks everyone, found the ncl site a little difficult to navigate so appreciate the link. Wondering if one is allowed to bring case of bottled water on board?

2 minutes ago, Cfcsw6 said:

Thanks everyone, found the ncl site a little difficult to navigate so appreciate the link. Wondering if one is allowed to bring case of bottled water on board?

NCL does not allow any beverages to be brought on board, outside of wine which will have a corkage fee (though I believe it is waived if you have a drink package).

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

NCL does not allow any beverages to be brought on board, outside of wine which will have a corkage fee (though I believe it is waived if you have a drink package).

You can bring as much wine as you can carry with no corkage fee if you have a beverage package. You may drink it anywhere on the ship including restaurants. If you don’t have a beverage package the corkage fee is $15 per bottle. Don’t put it in your checked luggage, it has to be carried or else you will have to go claim your luggage from security. 

44 minutes ago, rjcook9 said:

Why would you want to take your own wine if you’ve got a beverage package. You will just be saving NCL money.

Some people gotta have the wine they want and dont want to chance NCL's choices..   Me???  I'm drinking as much of their (NCL) booze as possible lol.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, rjcook9 said:

Why would you want to take your own wine if you’ve got a beverage package. You will just be saving NCL money.

Some want wine in their cabin.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rjcook9 said:

I'm not an oenophile, so don't understand why anyone would bring wine onboard (corkage fee or not). I agree with you about losing money to NCL as you won't take full advantage of the drink package. I'm also not one to bring my own shampoo, conditioner, lotion, pillows, electrical cords, towels, etc. 

2 hours ago, rjcook9 said:

If it is a special wine to celebrate a birthday or anniversary, etc I could see it.

Or if you are bringing something high end on board. The FAS wines are at best mid-tier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

If it is a special wine to celebrate a birthday or anniversary, etc I could see it.

Or if you are bringing something high end on board. The FAS wines are at best mid-tier.

I’m not sure I could tell the difference between mid-tier, low-tier or high-tier.  You can tell how much wine I don’t drink. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, zqvol said:

I’m not sure I could tell the difference between mid-tier, low-tier or high-tier.  You can tell how much wine I don’t drink. 

I actually suspect you could. If it has a flavor that transforms from one to another, it’s at least average usually. If a bottle has multiple marking stamps and isn’t a blend from multiple locations, it’s usually at least average.

My wife was a sommelier and knows way more than I do, but I can tell a difference. We have favorites (and stuff we do not like).

I've been to wine tastings where the sommelier tells us about the wine, what to expect, etc. Other than the dessert wine being sweeter, I don't taste any difference in any of the wines. They all taste the same to me. Needless to say, I choose to not partake.

48 minutes ago, UnbridledEnthusiasm said:

On a few NCL cruises I've been on where I didn't buy a drink package, I did bring in those mini cans of Coke and spread them out in my suitcase. They always made it onto the ship. Are you supposed to do this? No. 

I'd be happy to buy my soft drinks on board if they would just have them available.  I'm a Dr Pepper fan!  Undecided on trying mini-cans or single serve bottles . . . not sure which would work better?

• Like 1

On 9/6/2024 at 1:35 PM, cruiseny4life said:

I'm not an oenophile, so don't understand why anyone would bring wine onboard (corkage fee or not). I agree with you about losing money to NCL as you won't take full advantage of the drink package. I'm also not one to bring my own shampoo, conditioner, lotion, pillows, electrical cords, towels, etc. 

Are you a guy? I can’t imagine not taking my own shampoo and conditioner (that don’t even provide conditioner). I’ve paid $15 corkage before, I love drinking (multiple) glasses of wine on my balcony, sometimes I want a nicer bottle than the 2 buck Chuck served on the package, I live a 20 minute drive from the port so very little effort, NCL isn’t saving money on me, I also like making my own drink flights because I don’t need to drink the whole thing.

On 9/6/2024 at 11:05 AM, hallux said:

Some want wine in their cabin.

Room service delivers wine. There is a $10 charge for any and all room service deliveries, but the food and wine (assuming you have a drink package) themselves are "free".

On 9/5/2024 at 7:58 AM, Cfcsw6 said:

I normally drink Tito's vodka, but both Belvedere and Grey Goose were at or under $15, so I drank them on the cruise. Almost anything you like is included, unless you have a taste for high-end stuff like expensive wines, scotches, etc.