Adult Only Cruises?

MylesS

I saw this on another social site, and had to check for myself. This booking appears to be for adults only. Could Cunard be introducing some voyages exclusively for adults?

It seems only this two night section is marked as "Adults only" - a Southampton return trip is not.

Screenshot2024-09-11at11_45_24.thumb.png.a79012186690d94a111ac67cd08cc887.png

Edited by MylesS

6 minutes ago, MylesS said:

I saw this on another social site, and had to check for myself. This booking appears to be for adults only. Could Cunard be introducing some voyages exclusively for adults?

It seems only this two night section is marked as "Adults only" - a Southampton return trip is not.

Screenshot2024-09-11at11_45_24.thumb.png.a79012186690d94a111ac67cd08cc887.png

As an aside…. Noted Cunard treat “children” as young adults.

• Like 1

I saw three children on the last QM2 cruise.  One in a stroller and two teenagers.  To be fair the teenager could have been a duplicate.  

A teenager did jump the short queue at the pursors desk late one evenning.  I did wonder who was supervising him at such a time.  It did not seem to bother the pursor.  Queue jumping was quite common though to get on a shuttle bus or off the ship. 

I have never done a cruise (even on Fred Olsen ships) with such an apparently elderly passenger compliment.  So many with those walking frames with wheels.  it did not seem to stop people getting around and off the ship even by tender.

I've looked at this voyage H511B on several other travel agent/cruise booking websites both in the US and the UK. I also looked at Cunard's partner website for Spain. They all allow me to start a booking for two adults and one child. And they allow me to select a cabin that accommodates three guests (when I choose a fare that allows cabin selection). Now I don't know if the booking would error out later if I were to try to confirm it with a payment. Obviously I won't be attempting to take the process that far. Just saying, other sites aren't listing voyage H411B as "Adults only".

12 hours ago, Red Ray said:

Hopefully a sign of things to come. I don't have children and have no interest in other people's. An adults only Cunard ship or voyage would get my vote.

We have no children... but on many TAs and a couple of NZ sailings, we have never ever had an issue with anyone else's children. If ever seen, they have always been well behaved and a credit to their significant elders.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Red Ray said:

Hopefully a sign of things to come. I don't have children and have no interest in other people's. An adults only Cunard ship or voyage would get my vote.

Wouldn't get mine.

The age profile on a Cunard sailing is often quite high and to have families sailing with us lowers it considerably.

We sail in the summer school holidays every year and it's an absolute delight to see the beautifully behaved teens and younger children having a wonderful time.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Reminds one of an old joke… Do you like children? - Only if they’re cooked correctly.

Or my husband likes children, but can never manage a whole one.

But Cunard children are almost invariably very nicely behaved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We had a thread asking this question a month or so ago. My view is that if it means that I don't have to sail with the miserable bunch who take issue with kids enjoying themselves, when there are already adult only areas of the ships, it gets my vote. 

7 minutes ago, King Amo said:

We had a thread asking this question a month or so ago. My view is that if it means that I don't have to sail with the miserable bunch who take issue with kids enjoying themselves, when there are already adult only areas of the ships, it gets my vote. 

I didn’t notice any adult only areas on QA, but may have missed something.

Just now, exlondoner said:

I didn’t notice any adult only areas on QA, but may have missed something.

I believe one of the pools is supposed to be adults-only. Sadly, it wasn't well-signed, so both pools were packed with kids when I sailed in August. However, even though it was busy, the kids were just playing nicely with no screaming or crying.

I wouldn't choose to travel on a family-focused line, but the children on Cunard are generally so civilised that I don't even notice they're there. This was the only time they caused me any inconvenience, and I kind of expected it by travelling in the school holidays.

If the kids (and their parents) had a lovely time and will continue to sail with Cunard, I can cope with that.

• Thanks 1

A colleague of mine went on her first cruise after hearing my recent Cunard trips. She went on a Disney Caribbean cruise bringing her young children and came back looking ragged and needing another vacation! She said “I thought you said cruises were relaxing!” 
With that said, kids on Cunard are a non-issue and they do brighten the atmosphere up a bit. 

• Like 1

The only teens I've seen on the last 3-4 Cunard cruises I've taken have been the cadets.  And any younger children have been exemplary in manner and behaviour and none, yet, have been seen wearing crocs with their formal wear, either.  They will learn with the passage of time, no doubt....

• Haha 1