Just Spent 4 Nights on Utopia of the Seas: 9/9-9/13/24

2 hours ago, Traveler1977 said:

Thanks for your detailed review. Really enjoyed the photos and descriptions you provided. I’m doing the four day cruise in early December and I’m glad to hear it’s not the “party cruise” we were thinking it might be. Looking forward to a great time. 

I think a lot depends where you hang out around the ship. When we were on Utopia a little over a week ago we spent a lot of time around the pools during the day. We also spent a lot of time around bars in the afternoons and at night. We had a blast everywhere, especially at the Pesky Parrot and Mason Jar Bar. Even Central Park to include the Trellis Bar was a lot more upbeat, which is different from my experiences on cruises on other Oasis class ships. There was definitely a party vibe most of the cruise for us, and we didn’t even attend any of the late night parties. But I am sure the vibe around the ship was not the same for passengers who didn’t hangout in the areas we spent most of the cruise. 

We are currently on UT for B2B and so far, there has been no CD introduction to any of the production shows, which really surprised me.  We have not seen the AT show yet so maybe he will be at that one, but he did not introduce either the Theater production (All In !) or the Ice show.  Maybe that’s a “thing” on UT.  I heard Ricky’s voice maybe twice on our first leg but never saw him.

13 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I think a lot depends where you hang out around the ship. When we were on Utopia a little over a week ago we spent a lot of time around the pools during the day. We also spent a lot of time around bars in the afternoons and at night. We had a blast everywhere, especially at the Pesky Parrot and Mason Jar Bar. Even Central Park to include the Trellis Bar was a lot more upbeat, which is different from my experiences on cruises on other Oasis class ships. There was definitely a party vibe most of the cruise for us, and we didn’t even attend any of the late night parties. But I am sure the vibe around the ship was not the same for passengers who didn’t hangout in the areas we spent most of the cruise. 

Agreed. My relatives went on the Utopia a few weeks ago. All in their 70s and up. They are not partying, in bed by 10pm. They had zero issues with the atmosphere on the ship, and found the initial sail away pool party entertaining to watch from afar otherwise utilize the ship how they normally would without interruption. 

Side note, for a few of them this was their first time on Oasis class which I expected them to prefer because of Solarium. Not regular cruisers, but have been on multiple lines, cruised nearly every other Rccl class except Quantum. They both said they preferred Icon Class because of the additional food options, more opened up spaces like Pearl, Promenade, and elevator areas. Also preferred rooms in Icon. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2024 at 2:18 PM, cravecruising said:

But, the snack I wanted the most was the bubble waffle cone from Izumi. It was delicious and definitely enough for 2 or 3 people, and worth the $9.44. 

IMG_3026.thumb.jpeg.cec1e27adb8d9ab1ab70ea915fa7eeed.jpeg

IMG_3136.thumb.jpeg.8e4645c1110a6dbd1038380e24e3dbf2.jpeg

Thanks for all of the great info and pics!! We'll be on the Utopia next February for a 3-night followed by the 4-night cruise. We bought the UDP for the 4-night and I was wondering if Izumi in the Park would be included in that package. If not, I still intend to get one of those delicious desserts anyway! Maybe someone knows the answer. Thanks again and happy cruising!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Thanks for all of the great info and pics!! We'll be on the Utopia next February for a 3-night followed by the 4-night cruise. We bought the UDP for the 4-night and I was wondering if Izumi in the Park would be included in that package. If not, I still intend to get one of those delicious desserts anyway! Maybe someone knows the answer. Thanks again and happy cruising!

We are on UT now…we boarded on 9-13 (3 night).  We got the IDP for the 3 night and yes !  Izumi in the Park is included.  You get a $10 PP stipend and it was more than enough for lunch.  Not sure it would be an overly filling dinner but plenty for lunch.  They serve your food in little paper boxes with little packets of soy sauce.  The menu is very limited.

image.thumb.png.a7ef81b03cd38e77aba39dfa71ceb7ac.png

image.thumb.png.60e6e8fbd8da3b056b6735804fe449dc.png

image.thumb.png.188280ebdc61db7cebc49b3ad72f1904.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tlria said:

Thanks for sharing your review.

Quick question: are there any accessible pools on Utopia OR are all pools only accessed via ladders?

Thanks ahead

M

Yes, there is a smallish pool in the solarium with a lift.  I noticed it last night when we were walking around the solarium after dinner at Hooked.   There may be others as well, but I know for sure there’s one in the solarium.

On 9/14/2024 at 1:11 AM, cravecruising said:

We went to our muster station right away, made a couple of changes to our specialty dining reservations, and then went to the Windjammer for lunch to search for the lobster tails. 

Wait, there is lobster in WJ for sailaway…no way lol.  The mr will be thrilled, the pic you posted of them (and other pics) are appreciated.  Just paid off our Dec 4 night sailing.

didn’t know you could just order small plates @ the Mason Jar bar, helps me narrow down the 2 specialty dining options.  Leaning toward hooked (decent raw oysters hard to come by in Pittsburgh), maybe chops too.  Last time was just ok on another ship.  

Trying to decide which night to book.  Do you remember the dining rotation for MDR?

For some reason the 4th night menu not posting in the app.  Can see welcome aboard, taste of Caribbean (Nassau), France for sea day.  Coco cay is the mystery day.  Seem to recall on another 4 night sailing, it was Mexican which is not our thing.  If so, would prefer to do specialty on the 3rd & 4th nights.

16 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Looks like a nice ship!  We recently went on the Symphony and loved it- Previously on the Icon and we were very disappointed- so many poor design mistakes-  Would enjoy your take on the Icon.

Glad you enjoyed the Utopia.

Thank you! It’s interesting that you mention that. My friend and I have had Icon booked since the first day it became available, but we only booked Utopia a couple of months ago on a whim. However, after the cruise we were discussing the fact that we might actually end up enjoying Utopia more. I’m excited to compare the two! 

7 hours ago, keishashadow said:

Wait, there is lobster in WJ for sailaway…no way lol.  The mr will be thrilled, the pic you posted of them (and other pics) are appreciated.  Just paid off our Dec 4 night sailing.

didn’t know you could just order small plates @ the Mason Jar bar, helps me narrow down the 2 specialty dining options.  Leaning toward hooked (decent raw oysters hard to come by in Pittsburgh), maybe chops too.  Last time was just ok on another ship.  

Trying to decide which night to book.  Do you remember the dining rotation for MDR?

For some reason the 4th night menu not posting in the app.  Can see welcome aboard, taste of Caribbean (Nassau), France for sea day.  Coco cay is the mystery day.  Seem to recall on another 4 night sailing, it was Mexican which is not our thing.  If so, would prefer to do specialty on the 3rd & 4th nights.

Yes! The lobster in the WJ for lunch was chilled, as was all of the seafood that was served, but it was very good. They had someone serving, but they didn’t care how much you asked for. 

As far as Mason Jar and the small plates, I’m not sure it would necessarily be enough for a full meal, but absolutely sufficient for sharing while enjoying the band in the bar area. I want to say that I saw the hours for these were limited, and the menu was listed in the app. Still a good way to sample some food and enjoy the atmosphere without spending a bunch of extra money. 

We contemplated booking Hooked because we really liked the location, but ultimately decided to hold off until Icon. Sadly I do not recall the MDR menu on the last night. I think this is actually the first time I’ve never looked at the MDR menu. We typically do not do so many nights of specialty dining. Sorry! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cravecruising said:

Thank you! It’s interesting that you mention that. My friend and I have had Icon booked since the first day it became available, but we only booked Utopia a couple of months ago on a whim. However, after the cruise we were discussing the fact that we might actually end up enjoying Utopia more. I’m excited to compare the two! 

Would enjoy hearing your review of the utopia. Have a great cruise 

15 hours ago, cravecruising said:

We contemplated booking Hooked because we really liked the location, but ultimately decided to hold off until Icon. Sadly I do not recall the MDR menu on the last night. I think this is actually the first time I’ve never looked at the MDR menu. We typically do not do so many nights of specialty dining. Sorry! 

Oh, I’m happy to read this review! 

Love the review and photos! Thank you for sharing! I'll be on Utopia next month so this was a delight. Do you feel like a lot of people got off in Nassau? I am finding that more and more people are staying on the newer ships here, which is a bummer for those of us who have always stayed on haha

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SeeUsCruise said:

Love the review and photos! Thank you for sharing! I'll be on Utopia next month so this was a delight. Do you feel like a lot of people got off in Nassau? I am finding that more and more people are staying on the newer ships here, which is a bummer for those of us who have always stayed on haha

We were in the Solarium when docked in Nassau and it seemed to start getting crowded around 1:00PM - I think people got off the ship for a quick look around & were back on for lunch.

Maybe when the Beach Club opens more people will be leaving/staying off the ship 🙂  

• Like 2