Explora II Maiden Voyage?

joseph123

On 9/17/2024 at 1:58 PM, joseph123 said:

Anyone on board? Be nice to get some first hand info and pics to be able to compare what is new and different.

There is a lot of coverage with pictures of the naming ceremony and initial short sailing from Genoa to Civitavecchia on the social media platform of Meta. 

Some subtle changes. Looks like they changed the furniture in the elevator lobbies. Added canopies over the aft pool loungers. Wonder if they fixed the issues with the Helios pool? Not a whole lot of differences, but the ship is beautiful!

11 minutes ago, joseph123 said:

Some subtle changes. Looks like they changed the furniture in the elevator lobbies. Added canopies over the aft pool loungers. Wonder if they fixed the issues with the Helios pool? Not a whole lot of differences, but the ship is beautiful!

Helios pool is fixed on EJ1 so I assume EJ2 has the same modification 

• Like 2

OMG between Video phone calls in the spa and other places, chair hogs, rude guests and a couple who do not seem to care that anybody can see them, being, ummmm, frisky, I am not sure if this is the ship for me.

Is this the updated entertainment so frequently referred to?

Also they were Cabin Pass holders?  What is that.   They get a pass for anything they do LOL?

Edited by cruisr
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, uktog said:

Helios pool is fixed on EJ1 so I assume EJ2 has the same modification 

Curious to know what they did or might still be doing to remedy the problem. I have read accounts that they have the area roped off for the maiden voyage, which probably accounts for why it was not filmed for the amazing video posted above? Can’t tell any difference in older photos and videos posted on Explora I.

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I presume Cabin Pass holders are cabin stewards (hosts in Explora speak).

I think they might be day pass holders. In Istanbul we are over run with them today 

10 hours ago, uktog said:

I think they might be day pass holders. In Istanbul we are over run with them today 

Can you explain what this is exactly?  I have been on cruises where at various ports groups of TA’s and potential guests have been invited on.  They are monitored closely and certainly would not have access to a suite/balcony.

Are these “passes” sold to anybody?

Thanks for any clarification.

14 minutes ago, cruisr said:

Can you explain what this is exactly?  I have been on cruises where at various ports groups of TA’s and potential guests have been invited on.  They are monitored closely and certainly would not have access to a suite/balcony.

Are these “passes” sold to anybody?

Thanks for any clarification.

This was the inauguration so there would be press/agents/invited guests wandering the ship.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruisr said:

thanks @Dr. Cocktail

I would presume that management knows who they are.  Wonder if they will be invited for future ship launches?  I guess if they are “important” influencers they will be.

They would ABSOLUTELY know…. do they hush it up or turn it over to the authorities?

I’m sure that E’s lawyers and pr people are all over it …. and don’t assume it’s an influencer!

The news is FULL today of extremely famous people behaving abominably. There is no shortage of stupid out there!

If it’s some executive or supplier, it will be kept quiet.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

They would ABSOLUTELY know…. do they hush it up or turn it over to the authorities?

I’m sure that E’s lawyers and pr people are all over it …. and don’t assume it’s an influencer!

The news is FULL today of extremely famous people behaving abominably. There is no shortage of stupid out there!

If it’s some executive or supplier, it will be kept quiet.

…but I realized that  I’m sounding like a big crime has been  committed and I don’t want to be misinterpreted. Let me clarify - what they did may be completely permissible by the local laws.

Simply - two people behaved inappropriately and stupidly and poor Explora has to clean up the mess!

They have to thread the fine  line between under and over reacting!  

Edited by Dr. Cocktail
  • Like 1