New Princess Money Grabber Water Package Now $24.00

hpeabody

3 hours ago, rosevew said:

My luggage tag (which isn't a legally binding document) mentions wine but not soft drinks.

FAQ is also just that, not a legally binding contract. As yet, I can't find mention of soft drinks in the FAQ.

Nothing states that you have to read and abide by either, unless you know differently?

Check the Princess contract - Section 5 and you will see  this in the 3rd paragraph

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.
Edited by coo359a2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Teechur said:

If you don't mind carrying it aboard, you can bring it with you. I have read about people putting luggage tags on cases of water and soda, which are then delivered to their cabins.

This did happen  way back.  Think the plastic was thicker back then. Some of the current bottles are so thin I don't see how they could survive the not so gentle handling of loading luggage.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TRLD said:

In making this change Princess just raised the value of swapping the minibar for water from $12 to $40.

Yea, probably. I have a cruise soon and that is what I usually do. I don’t drink alcohol, coffee or soda. So water drinker here. They make a ton off of me when I do the swap.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Teechur said:

This information is simply wrong. I just returned yesterday from an Alaska cruise where six of us carried on bottles of liquor, soda, and wine, plus 6-packs of beer at every port. No questions asked, and no corkage fees. Same for our last two cruises in the past year. These "rules" are attempts to get people to buy packages.

The information is 100% accurate, but clearly the enforcement is not.

BTW, I stated what the rules are for initial embarkation, not subsequent ports.

Princess has always allowed us, for the 25 years we've cruised with them, to bring on more wine, and often other things, at ports of call. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dog said:

And in the future, an empty water bottle will be in my suitcase to refill for free. No need to tie up $$$ for months.

We have always brought empty water bottles, but stopped doing it in lieu of pre-ordering cases of bottled water. The reason is for the switch was to avoid (as much as possible) drinking the ship's not-fully-desalinated water which always causes us issues with swelling and bloating. Luckily, for both of our two upcoming cruises (early 2025 and late 2025), we had already ordered all of our water at the old $7.08/case price. 

10 hours ago, Ideb said:

I have booked my first cruise with Princess for next year and it is frustrating that they raised the price that much without sending out an email letting guest know beforehand, so they would have a chance to order before the price increase.

I planned on buying 3 of the 12 packs for the four of us. We basically only drink water. I know some say the water on the ship is great and I've never had a problem with the taste, but it always makes me swell when drinking it so I try to avoid it. I went on the chat and asked if it was a glitch on the website, but was told it is now $24.

They've also done the same thing with the wifi - two increases already in as many years, And I have it on credible, reliable authority that another wifi increase will happen sometime between now and early 2025. With that info in hand, along with pre-ordering our cases of water, we also already pre-ordered our wifi packages for all of our upcoming cruises in 2025.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Boku said:

I’ve never paid for bottled water on board, should I have paid?  I just ask for a couple of bottles from any bar I am passing or I pick up a couple of bottles when disembarking at a port, no one has asked me for any details.

You are just lucky, it’s not free.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Boku said:

I’ve never paid for bottled water on board, should I have paid?  I just ask for a couple of bottles from any bar I am passing or I pick up a couple of bottles when disembarking at a port, no one has asked me for any details.

Do you not have a package?

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Check the Princess contract - Section 5 and you will see  this in the 3rd paragraph

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.  Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

Point 5 on mine states image.thumb.png.cbdce860b8ee99368e810e37517b6b99.png

30 minutes ago, Boku said:

If you have the plus or premier packages they are included 

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Yea, probably. I have a cruise soon and that is what I usually do. I don’t drink alcohol, coffee or soda. So water drinker here. They make a ton off of me when I do the swap.

Check Viking...water is included (as well as coffee, tea, beer and wine) Fares are essentially the same if you compare a balcony (only balconies on V) and the Plus pkg. WiFi is also included.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

Does anyone know if the bottled water for the cabin goes on sale, such as holiday sales that some of the cruise lines have? I'm thinking they won't since they are trying to get everyone to purchase plus or premier package, but if there will be a sale, I will wait to purchase it then.

1 hour ago, Jadn13 said:

I was planning on purchasing a water bottle pkg for a spring cruise but will be bringing my refillable bottles instead. 
The gym on the Sun has a water bottle filling station. 

I expect the refill stations will become the norm in the future. Have been given reuseable metal  waterbottles on 3 different cruise lines this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tothemall&beyond said:

The information is 100% accurate, but clearly the enforcement is not.

BTW, I stated what the rules are for initial embarkation, not subsequent ports.

Princess has always allowed us, for the 25 years we've cruised with them, to bring on more wine, and often other things, at ports of call. 

Enforcement is currently inconsistent. If they get rid of plastic bottles in the future, switching to either carton and metal bottles, then i would expect them to tighten enforcement.

12 minutes ago, TRLD said:

I expect the refill stations will become the norm in the future. Have been given reuseable metal  waterbottles on 3 different cruise lines this year.

Maybe I should not give the cruise lines any ideas but I can see the refill stations having a gizmo attached for your medallion to tap on (cost $2.00) before water is dispensed.

I know, I am sinical.

Theo

I just received a call from Princess and the person who called me was surprised it was increased. She had not been told. She did indicate that she is keeping track of how many people email her and will report those numbers to those above. She was very polite and again, was surprised at the increase.

It made a difference last time they did this. Let's make a difference again. Let Princess know what you think:

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Check Viking...water is included (as well as coffee, tea, beer and wine) Fares are essentially the same if you compare a balcony (only balconies on V) and the Plus pkg. WiFi is also included.

I am single so Viking doesn't work for me. Though I think it is a great option for couples.

Last year on Princess I had the drink package so when I went to the International Cafe for morning coffee, I stopped by the bar next to it and they would give me 4 bottles. Then I'd collect more through the day. On our excursion in Amber Cove, they gave us these cute water boxes. Not sure why we can't do this in the U.S. and save on the plastic. 

P1060998.JPG

Edited by Bollycats
  • Like 3