Our 2nd Carnival Venezia B2B - 14 more days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 8/31/24

Jamman54

3 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

Hi @Jamman54 and Patti!

Found this...will be following along as you share your great trip. 

Thanks in advance. I know it will be pure entertainment.  😎 🍹

3 hours ago, Retired20 said:

Hi, Jeff ! I am so glad I found your new review early ! I have been waiting for your new review. I would love to sail on the Venezia , but will have to wait till it comes to Port Canaveral. Loved your first review of this ship !

Thank you both for jumping on board. I promise that you'll love the ride! 😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TravelE said:

Woohoo! I’ve been waiting for you to start your epic review. 

Patti’s pictures are stunning. She has already captured several things I missed like the Internet hub. 😀

I am looking forward to “sailing” along with you again. 

Give Patti my best and tell her I love my mini-duck 🦆

Hey Erin! It was a pleasure to meet you and Dave on board. Please feel free to add your thoughts and comments as the review progresses. Patti says hi! 😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blarko said:

I just found out the review started and here I am on page two already. Love reading your reviews and am fully onboard for this one 😀

41 minutes ago, jimbri said:

Looking forward to another great review!!

34 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Well im definitely not missing your review!!

31 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Hey Jeff, been waiting for your review.  Def along for the ride.

Glad to have you all on board. The more the merrier! 😁

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

We have cruised from New York City over two dozen times during our cruising history, on three different lines, and it never gets old

I agree. It is just such an easy vacation. We lived in Staten Island, now we are in NJ, and we love how easy it is to get there and start your vacation. I love having the view of the city in the background while sitting in an outdoor bar, enjoying a drink. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Ahoy, Cruise Critic family! My wife Patti and I have just returned from B2B cruises aboard the beautiful Carnival Venezia, from our homeport of New York City. We have cruised from New York City over two dozen times during our cruising history, on three different lines, and it never gets old. These were both 7 day cruises. The first cruise was to Bermuda with two overnights, and the second was to Canada, with stops at Halifax NS, Sydney NS, and Saint John NB.

With these 14 days on the Venezia we have now sailed a total of 35 days on her, so we think we know this ship pretty well. In case you missed it, or would like to revisit it, here is the story of our first 21 days on her.

Since we are sailing from our homeport of New York City, there will be no pre and post cruise shenanigans. No road trips, airports, hotels, restaurants, theme parks, sight-seeing and the like. It will be just cruise related from start to finish. I know of at least one person who will be very happy with that! However, don’t fear. In March we will be doing a mega road trip that will include three cruises from two different cities, and several stops going to and coming from. We’ll give you more details at the end of this review.

We met quite a few Cruise Critic members during our two weeks aboard the Venezia. Most we knew about in advance, but then there were a couple of surprises. You’ll meet them all as the review progresses.

Patti’s foot has healed pretty well from her surgery, though she is not 100% pain free, and never will be. Nevertheless, Patti took over four thousand pictures during our 14 days aboard the Venezia. I brought along my laptop so that I could download her pictures daily, and crop and resize them as needed. But even so, I couldn’t keep up with the amount of pictures she was taking. As I am writing this, I have completed all of pictures of the first cruise, and the first half of the second cruise, more than enough to get this party started. I will continue to work on them daily until I am finished. For those that are wondering, our go to camera is the Canon PowerShot XS740 HS.

As usual, our reviews start and end at home and cover everything in between. Our format will remain the same as our past reviews with a day by day account. As always, there will be many, many pictures with plenty of explanations and details. Well, I think that’s all the pre review mumbo jumbo I have for now. Anything else will be covered in the review. So let’s get this party started. Grab yourself your favorite DOD and hop on board!!!

Day #1 – (August 31st)  -  It’s Embarkation Day!! 

We were up early to get ready for the day. I mean, who can sleep when there’s a cruise ship to catch. A peek at the webcams showed that the Carnival Venezia was at Pier 88 waiting for us. It’s going to be a cloudy day today, but at least it’s not supposed to rain. I’ve got the car loaded and ready to go…..

To be continued…..

First post in the review and I've already learned something. There is a port Webcam!  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

This should be fun and interesting! Two itineraries I might never get up the nerve to do since it involves going to New York. If anything can convince me it will be this review😁

Lol, 

First time I went to NYC I was freaked out because of my mistaken impressions of the city. 

None of my preconceptions were true, have been back about 6 times. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

Looking forward to reading your review.  I really enjoyed my time on the Venezia and hopefully cruise on it again. 

Hey Rhonda! Glad to have you aboard again. Our best to Keith! 😁

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Yay!!!  I've been looking forward to your review and Patti's pics since we saw you guys in Bermuda!  Thanks again for meeting us at Frog and Onion!😸

Glad to have you aboard with us again! It was great to meet with you guys, along with Erin and Dave at the Frog & Onion in Bermuda. Good times! 😁

• Like 5

@Jamman54  Jeff, sorry I am late to this party....that four letter word "work" got in the way!

Still loving your Element, great vehicle, so reliable and roomy.  Love the color as well, mine was maroon.

Ship looks amazing, I actually might be able to use my remaining Carnival gift cards on a cruise on this ship some day.

Looking forward to following along, looks like this is going to be one of your BEST reviews ever.

Will tide me over until we hit the road heading south on September 30th.

Amazing pics as always.

Susan

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago,  Jamman54 said:

We have cruised from New York City over two dozen times during our cruising history, on three different lines, and it never gets old.

Thanks for taking us along. I love Patti’s eye for taking photos. I agree on NYC. My favorite departure port. We will be seeing it again in 9 days but are leaving from Brooklyn on MSC.

Edited by Mommapadraig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VictorWI said:

Whew! I didn't miss sail-away! Looking forward as usual to Patti's and your review. I'd like to sail out of NYC one of these days.

Perfect timing! Sail away pictures are going up now. Thanks for coming aboard! :classic_smile:

• Like 3

Like I mentioned before, we have cruised from New York City many, many times. In case you didn’t know, New York City is served by three cruise terminals. The Manhattan Cruise Terminal, where we are leaving from today, is used by Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Lines. Ships visiting New York City will usually use this cruise terminal. We love this cruise terminal the best, as it gives the best sail away experience. You get to cruise down the Hudson River, then the New York Harbor, under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge (VNB), and then out to sea.

The Red Hook Cruise Terminal is in Brooklyn, and is home to Cunard, Princess, and MSC Cruise Lines. Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal is in Bayonne, New Jersey, and is home to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise Lines. With these two cruise ports you don’t get the Hudson River experience, but they are great to sail out of as well.

What follows is our sail away experience. The pictures will basically tell the story, though we’ll point out some areas of interest. We wish that it was a sunny day as the pictures are usually brighter and sharper when it is, but at least it’s not raining!

A little before 4pm Patti leaves the cabin to head up to the open decks to document our sail away. I’m going to grab a drink and watch from our balcony. Here are some New York City views from up on Deck 12 before we sailed…..

IMG_9115-XL.jpg

IMG_9106-XL.jpg

IMG_9105-XL.jpg

IMG_9108-XL.jpg

IMG_9111-XL.jpg

IMG_9114-XL.jpg

IMG_9117-XL.jpg

Looking north up the Hudson River to the George Washington Bridge……

IMG_9107-XL.jpg

There is a small luxury cruise ship that’s visiting New York City docked over at Pier 90. Not sure what ship that was……

IMG_9104-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 17