Our 2nd Carnival Venezia B2B - 14 more days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 8/31/24

Jamman54

5 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Like I mentioned before, we have cruised from New York City many, many times. In case you didn’t know, New York City is served by three cruise terminals. The Manhattan Cruise Terminal, where we are leaving from today, is used by Carnival and Norwegian Cruise Lines. Ships visiting New York City will usually use this cruise terminal. We love this cruise terminal the best, as it gives the best sail away experience. You get to cruise down the Hudson River, then the New York Harbor, under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge (VNB), and then out to sea.

The Red Hook Cruise Terminal is in Brooklyn, and is home to Cunard, Princess, and MSC Cruise Lines. Cape Liberty Cruise Terminal is in Bayonne, New Jersey, and is home to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise Lines. With these two cruise ports you don’t get the Hudson River experience, but they are great to sail out of as well.

What follows is our sail away experience. The pictures will basically tell the story, though we’ll point out some areas of interest. We wish that it was a sunny day as the pictures are usually brighter and sharper when it is, but at least it’s not raining!

A little before 4pm Patti leaves the cabin to head up to the open decks to document our sail away. I’m going to grab a drink and watch from our balcony. Here are some New York City views from up on Deck 12 before we sailed…..

IMG_9115-XL.jpg

IMG_9106-XL.jpg

IMG_9105-XL.jpg

IMG_9108-XL.jpg

IMG_9111-XL.jpg

IMG_9114-XL.jpg

IMG_9117-XL.jpg

Looking north up the Hudson River to the George Washington Bridge……

IMG_9107-XL.jpg

There is a small luxury cruise ship that’s visiting New York City docked over at Pier 90. Not sure what ship that was……

IMG_9104-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Best sail away in the Americas.  The neighborhood got classy. I see.

• Like 2

Glad to see another one of your great reviews. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this ship.  

We will be on the Venezia 11/30/25 for the 14 day S Caribbean out of PC. 

We also live about 35 miles from your Favorite Cracker Barrel in Santee, SC.  😀

• Haha 1

Just to jump in with a funny story - on our first (NCL) cruise out of NY we parked our car at the pier.  Upon pulling back into NY port I was on our balcony looking for our car - it wasn't there!  I went hysterical, telling dh "someone stole our car."  DH then pointed out that we were pulling into a different pier than we had embarked from.  Still hasn't let me forget it to this day - lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

18 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I'm prone to anxiety so that's my biggest problem. Anxiety of a longer flight, anxiety of the logistics of figuring out how to get around in a big city. Just overall anxiety of visiting a new city. But I'm really determined to make it happen it's just a matter of what year or decade lol.

I get it, I find extensive research before I go somewhere new helps a lot. Have you considered a train? Not sure about routes from TX, but with a bit of work I could catch the CA Zephyr to Chicago and then get around that way. (Expensive)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

The Comedy Club Host for our cruises is Lisa Marie. She always tells a joke, and most of them are pretty bad, but she did tell one that I thought was funny: 

Q: How come Barbie never got pregnant?

A: Because Ken came in a different box!

IMG_9317-XL.jpg

IMG_9320-XL.jpg

Are you going to tell us the funny one?

• Haha 13

15 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

Jamman - I'm glad I found your review before you got too far into it. 2 days before you set sail I was on the Liberty of the Seas sailing from New Jersey and was so happy to finally see that teardrop memorial in the little park beside the dock.

The pictures so far have been amazing,  I love New York!!

Looking forward to the rest of your cruise.

BTW I sailed on Venezia in February and really liked the ship.

Jo

Glad to have you on board again! Patti was able to get some pictures of the Teardrop Memorial on our second sail away. 😎

Day # 2 – (September 1st)  -  Fun Day at Sea # 1. 

We were up at 7am to a warm sunny day. The seas are fairly calm. Here are some views from our balcony as the Carnival Venezia heads towards Bermuda…..

IMG_9372-XL.jpg

IMG_9374-XL.jpg

IMG_9375-XL.jpg

IMG_9377-XL.jpg

Here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_9360-XL.jpg

IMG_9361-XL.jpg

IMG_9362-XL.jpg

While Patti gets ready for the day, I head up to Java Blue for a coffee and then come back to the cabin to work on pictures for a while. Around 9am we head down to the Piazza San Marco to the Atrium Bar so I can get a Bloody Mary…..

IMG_9378-XL.jpg

IMG_9379-XL.jpg

IMG_9382-XL.jpg

IMG_9396-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 12

While we were down here Patti took some pictures of the Carnival Adventures Desk and Guest Services…..

IMG_9380-XL.jpg

IMG_9383-XL.jpg

IMG_9389-XL.jpg

Here is the Sail & Sign Kiosk…..

IMG_9387-XL.jpg

Patti collects some information for us…..

IMG_9384-XL.jpg

IMG_9386-XL.jpg

IMG_9390-XL.jpg

IMG_9391-XL.jpg

IMG_9392-XL.jpg

IMG_9393-XL.jpg

IMG_9394-XL.jpg

IMG_9395-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 6

We head into the Teatro Rosso for the Morning Show (The Wave)…..

IMG_9399-XL.jpg

IMG_9400-XL.jpg

IMG_9401-XL.jpg

IMG_9402-XL.jpg

The show is about to begin…..

IMG_9403-XL.jpg

From the left is Gerry (Fun Squad), MarQ (Cruise Director), Sam (Fun Squad / Bingo Host), and Clare (Fun Squad)…..

IMG_9404-XL.jpg

IMG_9416-XL.jpg

IMG_9407-XL.jpg

IMG_9408-XL.jpg

The show continues……

IMG_9415-XL.jpg

IMG_9417-XL.jpg

IMG_9421-XL.jpg

IMG_9419-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 7

Lee Mason, who will be taking over as Cruise Director next week while MarQ goes on vacation, is sitting in the audience……

IMG_9428-XL.jpg

The show ends…..

IMG_9441-XL.jpg

After the show we go over to talk to Lee and I take this picture of Patti and him….

IMG_9444-XL.jpg

We were chatting with Lee for a while, when we notice this pretty lady standing there patiently waiting her turn. We step back and she shakes Lee’s hand and says “I’m pleased to meet you, but I’m here to see him”, pointing at me. And that’s how we met Cruise Critic member Erin (TravelE), aboard the Venezia. We all got a laugh over that.

We chatted for a few minutes and promised to meet up at a later time. I don’t know why we didn’t get a picture then, but you’ll meet her and her husband Dave, later in the review.

Patti was going to stay for the Fun Ashore, Fun Aboard show, while I made my way back to the Atrium Bar for some more Bloody Marys…..

IMG_9446-XL.jpg

IMG_9447-XL.jpg

IMG_9449-XL.jpg

IMG_9450-XL.jpg

IMG_9451-XL.jpg

After the show Patti joined me at the Atrium Bar until it was time for the Diamond Lunch…..

IMG_9454-XL.jpg

IMG_9455-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 7

The Diamond Lunch will be taking place in the Marco Polo Restaurant. We are greeted by some of the Senior Staff and Captain Pennisi as we enter…..

IMG_9456-XL.jpg

IMG_9457-XL.jpg

IMG_9458-XL.jpg

We are seated at Table # 126……

IMG_9460-XL.jpg

IMG_9464-XL.jpg

Here is the Diamond Lunch menu…..

IMG_9467-XL.jpg

Patti and me at the Diamond Lunch…..

IMG_9468-XL.jpg

IMG_9469-XL.jpg

There are quite a few Diamond members aboard the ship this week…..

IMG_9472-XL.jpg

IMG_9476-XL.jpg

Our first drinks have arrived and they will keep on coming…..

IMG_9471-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 10

MarQ and Captain Pennisi address the gathering…..

IMG_9491-XL.jpg

IMG_9484-XL.jpg

IMG_9486-XL.jpg

Lee and MarQ are making the rounds…..

IMG_9494-XL.jpg

Our bread plates…..

IMG_9470-XL.jpg

Patti had the broccoli and potato cheddar soup, salmon oreganata, and the fruit plate…..

IMG_9500-XL.jpg

IMG_9503-XL.jpg

IMG_9504-XL.jpg

I had the crab arancini, jambalaya pasta, and the torta della nonna…..

IMG_9501-XL.jpg

IMG_9502-XL.jpg

IMG_9505-XL.jpg

The meal and drinks were fantastic. We were there about an hour and a half.

To be continued…..

• Like 13