I've now sailed all four Queens, and my favourite is...

TheYoungCunarder

QE is my favourite for overall interior decor and QM2 for her outdoor decks and exterior appearance - I’ll still say that QE is my favourite ship overall though it has been quite a while since I sailed on her. I’d happily sail on QE/QM2/QV, as long as it was a Southampton roundtrip.  Haven’t tried QA yet - and nothing booked on her so far.  I’m sure I’d find things to like but the narrow promenade deck with obscured views and not being able to walk from one end of the top deck to the other without going inside and down put me off a little. 

• Like 5

Hello Young Cunarder, first let me thank you for you great report on all four Cunard Queens.

I agree wholeheatedly - my favourite is also QM2. It was by far not " Love at first sight"! My very first voyge with Mary was in the Caribbean. I liked it but coming from Celebrity I was not used to the Cunard style- which grew more and more on me. ( Maybe an age thing too, lol)

I sailed all of them - except Queen Anne- I was tempted, but some friends wrote and send pictures - quite a nice interiour ( QA) . When they concluded their voyage, the first line she wrote- " STICK TO MARY"! So - I again booked QM2 for two weeks starting October 4th.

I can not agree more on everything that made you like QM2 so much. Happy many more voyages!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Kynance said:

QE is my favourite for overall interior decor and QM2 for her outdoor decks and exterior appearance - I’ll still say that QE is my favourite ship overall though it has been quite a while since I sailed on her. I’d happily sail on QE/QM2/QV, as long as it was a Southampton roundtrip.  Haven’t tried QA yet - and nothing booked on her so far.  I’m sure I’d find things to like but the narrow promenade deck with obscured views and not being able to walk from one end of the top deck to the other without going inside and down put me off a little. 

The promenade deck on QA isn't actually that narrow for promenading, because that is all there is. It is too narrow for promenading and loungers, but as there are no loungers, it is OK. 

• Like 2

What a great post and interesting to read everyone's opinions. I can't say I have an overwhelming favourite. I marginally prefer QV over QA as I like the decor and also loved the room we stayed in. I have mixed feelings about QM2, being such a big ship, but there's lots I like about her - and we had the best food experience on QM2. We have our first TA on QM2 shortly and I'm assuming that for a TA QM2 has to be the best bet. We haven't been on QA yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DaisyUK said:

We have our first TA on QM2 shortly and I'm assuming that for a TA QM2 has to be the best bet. We haven't been on QA yet.

How exciting! It is indeed the best! My first ever "cruise" was actually the QM2 TA, and I loved it! I've done it four or five times since (I've lost count!), both directions, and it's great every time. I hope you have a wonderful time! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Summergee said:

My favourite is the one I am on at the time.

Agree, although it's on the assumption that the bell is always visible and accessible, the dancefloor has corners and a strangely possessive and judgemental man guards my lounger and disapproves of any riff raff😀

• Haha 5

QM2 first, because of the reasons the OP gave, plus we honeymooned on her so she's special to us. 

QA next - really enjoyed our Fjords trip. Yes, the lack of a decent Promenade deck is annoying but we found plenty of space to sit. Plus points for the Wellness Cafe, the up top yoga/pilates space, Bright Lights, better bathrooms and the buffet. 

QE/QV - QE just shades it because I prefer the lighter decor. They are lovely ships but the other 2 feel more special to me.

But as said before, whichever one I'm on is my favourite! 

• Like 1