So who is getting ready to book for 2026/27?

gordylad

28 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Isn't it Apex? Or are there two running. Just booked today. Sunset Verandah. 

That’s Apex.  The only other eclipse cruise is on Silhouette which will be in Iceland for the event.  Apex does Portugal + Spain and it sees the eclipse near La Coruna.

We actually did the opposite. We let our hold on an Apex SV for the eclipse cruise go and booked Sun Princess instead. 

Have just transferred two bookings I had for the Apex back to back for July and August Solar eclipse. Same cabin. And nothing to pay today with the transfer fee being put on to the invoice for final payment. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We also have a family Solar Eclipse cruise (4 cabins) booked on the Sky Princess and were considering the possibility for a brief moment of jumping ship over to a similar 14-day Apex Solar Eclipse cruise. However, when comparing Aug 12 itineraries, we noticed the Apex will be docked in La Coruna SP from 8 am to 4 pm while the Sky Princess will be cruising somewhere off the coast of Spain with its Captain hopefully positioning the ship under clear skies for that brief 5-10 minutes so we can see the full eclipse in all its glory while the Apex would be stuck rain or shine in La Coruna. 

image.png.e7e4789964353d36f61a1afe64037e2a.png

I read that the eclipse doesn't start until 7pm in Spain so out to sea by then. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We also have a family Solar Eclipse cruise (4 cabins) booked on the Sky Princess and were considering the possibility for a brief moment of jumping ship over to a similar 14-day Apex Solar Eclipse cruise. However, when comparing Aug 12 itineraries, we noticed the Apex will be docked in La Coruna SP from 8 am to 4 pm while the Sky Princess will be cruising somewhere off the coast of Spain with its Captain hopefully positioning the ship under clear skies for that brief 5-10 minutes so we can see the full eclipse in all its glory while the Apex would be stuck rain or shine in La Coruna. 

image.png.e7e4789964353d36f61a1afe64037e2a.png

You never know what going to happen, this year  our house was in the path, and it was completely overcast, a couple hour later the sky’s cleared 

At least I didn’t spend thousands to look at clouds 🤣

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You never know what going to happen, this year  our house was in the path, and it was completely overcast, a couple hour later the sky’s cleared 

At least I didn’t spend thousands to look at clouds 🤣

That’s the risk with any eclipse trip and especially true for anyone that is booking a cruise to Iceland to see the August 2026 event which has poor prospects of clear skies. However viewing an eclipse on a mobile platform such as a cruise ship is a big advantage. 

We’ve seen three total solar eclipses so far (including one at sea) and we had to contend with clouds each time. 

The closest thing I’ve seen to a sure thing weather-wise is the August 2028 eclipse in Luxor, Egypt which historically has 99.9% chance of clear skies. However that area of the world has its own unpredictable factors that could interfere with an eclipse trip. 

Having said all that, it’s really worth the risk in my opinion. 

image.jpeg.bc338ac1dfeed50ea5e2d2315a7bc

April 8, 2024. Vienna, Illinois. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Pushka said:

I read that the eclipse doesn't start until 7pm in Spain so out to sea by then. 

Celebrity’s published schedule currently has Apex at La Coruna from 8am-4pm on the day of the eclipse. The eclipse starts at 7:30pm local time with totality occurring at about 8:26pm.   So you should definitely be out to sea by then. 

IMG_1345.thumb.jpeg.43fc0fbbb7a75a33a0b8836f2b601cb8.jpeg

Note that CEST stands for Central European Summer Time. The “S” does not mean Standard like it does in the USA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Celebrity’s published schedule currently has Apex at La Coruna from 8am-4pm on the day of the eclipse. The eclipse starts at 7:30pm local time with totality occurring at about 8:26pm.   So you should definitely be out to sea by then. 

IMG_1345.thumb.jpeg.43fc0fbbb7a75a33a0b8836f2b601cb8.jpeg

Note that CEST stands for Central European Summer Time. The “S” does not mean Standard like it does in the USA. 

Thanks for sharing that information. That explains the Apex decision to spend the day in La Coruna. 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Booked the Apex Norwegian Fjords and Arctic Circle 12 night in July 2026 in a Sunset Veranda.

We did the same, but for June of 2026.  Decided to go for a sunset suite and Celebrity gave us addition OBC and another treat, but still waiting to show the OBC/treat.  My DH wants cooler temps.  I wonder if Apex will be refurbished before we cruise.

Edited by Lastdance

20 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

We did the same, but for June of 2026.  Decided to go for a sunset suite and Celebrity gave us addition OBC and another treat, but still waiting to show the OBC/treat.  My DH wants cooler temps.  I wonder if Apex will be refurbished before we cruise.

That is awesome!  As a teacher June gets tricky as we can technically go until the last working day in June….never happens but in theory it could do I had to go with July.

24 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

That is awesome!  As a teacher June gets tricky as we can technically go until the last working day in June….never happens but in theory it could do I had to go with July.

I totally understand, as my DH and I were in education, but since retired.  He did not really want to even go in June, but it was early, so we’ll see how the flights work.  I also had an SV on hold; however, we did have to cancel a couple of cruises, so wet with the SS.  My DH had a bad skiing accident, but is doing great!

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I totally understand, as my DH and I were in education, but since retired.  He did not really want to even go in June, but it was early, so we’ll see how the flights work.  I also had an SV on hold; however, we did have to cancel a couple of cruises, so wet with the SS.  My DH had a bad skiing accident, but is doing great!

Yikes!  I’m glad he’s doing well.  I’d love to try a suite but outside my budget. 😂

28 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Yikes!  I’m glad he’s doing well.  I’d love to try a suite but outside my budget. 😂

There is always MoveUp!  I always hear about Apex having those!  Thank you!

10 hours ago, mahdnc said:

That’s the risk with any eclipse trip and especially true for anyone that is booking a cruise to Iceland to see the August 2026 event which has poor prospects of clear skies. However viewing an eclipse on a mobile platform such as a cruise ship is a big advantage. 

We’ve seen three total solar eclipses so far (including one at sea) and we had to contend with clouds each time. 

The closest thing I’ve seen to a sure thing weather-wise is the August 2028 eclipse in Luxor, Egypt which historically has 99.9% chance of clear skies. However that area of the world has its own unpredictable factors that could interfere with an eclipse trip. 

Having said all that, it’s really worth the risk in my opinion. 

image.jpeg.bc338ac1dfeed50ea5e2d2315a7bc

April 8, 2024. Vienna, Illinois. 

We had one complete eclipse in Summer in South Australia in the middle of the day. Husband was playing cricket at the time. A lot of preparations were made being in the middle of the day for safety. (Not looking at sun etc ) It was indeed amazing and wonderful to observe. Looking forward to this one. 

Clearly this is the window when all the SV's get booked out. 😂

Edited by Pushka

1 hour ago, Lastdance said: