More at Sea

PhillyTravelBug

1 minute ago, txcfa said:

Let me know what you hear.   I was going to call in a bit and see what they say, but likely will try and cancel with as close to a full refund as I can get given their switch-a-roo.

I’m hoping they did not refund. We leave Thursday for Rome and want to make sure we have either MORE or PLUS before we board. 

• Like 3

So the way I read it.

1. I had added FAS+ to my reservation for 2026 but didn't pay.  It will be removed and will back to FAS (now renamed MAS)

2. I bought and paid for 4 pkg specialty dining for my daughter - I will be able to keep it.

3. If I don't change my reservation in any way I get the MAS drink package as that is all that will exist in 2025 and beyond.

4. I do not get any other MAS benefits - faster WIFI, remain at 2 dining credits not upgraded to 3.

5. I now have to buy a water package and pay as I go for coffee (not buying a coffee pkg)

6. Waiting to see what spirits are now included.  We do enjoy the premium rums, scotches and wines.

7. I have no loyalty - if I don't like what I see will be back to princess 

• Like 2

In one of my Facebook groups someone said their FAS+ package for their December cruise was canceled. They called in and was told FAS+ is no longer a thing as of today and all benefits of it have gone away. So FAS+ has gone away before 1/1

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

You'll get a refund for the FAS+ as it's no longer offered for sailings as of 1/1/25.

I think you're missing the point of @txcfa and @HBCcruiser.They are cruising THIS YEAR!

We are too, in 80 days, and paid for FAS+..  The benefits have all disappeared!

We already booked extra dining...I'm assuming i will now have to pay full price for these if i go?

We already booked excursions and applied the extra $50 credit.  I assume they are going to ask me to pay back the credit?

One can complain or praise the new program (to each their own)  However they are presenting this as a program that BEGINS on 1/1/25, but it seems as if they are changing it for those of us who are sailing within the next 90 days without any options to maintain the experience on a cruise we are already 100% committed to!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

My additional two meals that I purchased seem to have disappeared from our reservation.

As we are booked in an inside for an 11 day cruise we only have a one meal package. Good job they didn’t change latitudes, but we are still going to have to pay the cover charge for a couple of places.

Same for us. Hoping it's just a glitch!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

If there is no change to the latitudes reserving process then that will mean you get charged. You have always been charged when reserving places with a cover charge.

They say we are grandfathered under the old process since we made our reservation several months ago. If that is true, we are still under the old FAS and the cover charges under the new rules should not apply, since most of the restaurants did not have cover charges under FAS when we made the reservation.

I guess we'll see three days from now when our reservation window opens.

Just now, JandC_Cruising said:

I think you're missing the point of @txcfa and @HBCcruiser.They are cruising THIS YEAR!

We are too, in 80 days, and paid for FAS+..  The benefits have all disappeared!

We already booked extra dining...I'm assuming i will now have to pay full price for these if i go?

We already booked excursions and applied the extra $50 credit.  I assume they are going to ask me to pay back the credit?

One can complain or praise the new program (to each their own)  However they are presenting this as a program that BEGINS on 1/1/25, but it seems as if they are changing it for those of us who are sailing within the next 90 days without any options to maintain the experience on a cruise we are already 100% committed to!

100% THAT! 👆👆

We leave THIS Thursday for our cruise. Our FAS+ is gone from the website. I have my TA looking into it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

100% THAT! 👆👆

We leave THIS Thursday for our cruise. Our FAS+ is gone from the website. I have my TA looking into it. 

Same boat here. TA leaving December 3rd. No option for FAS+ upgrade anymore (did not pre-buy but had every intent of buying)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

My additional two meals that I purchased seem to have disappeared from our reservation.

As we are booked in an inside for an 11 day cruise we only have a one meal package. Good job they didn’t change latitudes, but we are still going to have to pay the cover charge for a couple of places.

4 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

Same for us. Hoping it's just a glitch!

The ones I booked yesterday are also gone, but they were there around 8:00 a.m. this morning.

My guess is that it is a glitch and they will be put back.   I do see a lot of changes to the App from earlier this morning.

Now the specialty restaurant lingo says an additional 20% will be charged at restaurant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does this mean that Baileys is back to being included again? I couldn't drink that other stuff they were offering instead that came within the $15 limit, it was nasty (can't remember the name of it). Husband liked it though!

I hope everyone who is cruising soon and has had things they've paid for disappearing from their booking gets sorted. 

• Like 3

Just now, Asawi said:

Probably. I actually have a vague memory to have seen recently that it was back to i being included already. Absolutely not sure though!

Ah, I may well have missed that as not cruised NCL this year so don't tend to come on the board that often (but obviously did today with the more at sea news).

6 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Does this mean that Baileys is back to being included again? I couldn't drink that other stuff they were offering instead that came within the $15 limit, it was nasty (can't remember the name of it). Husband liked it though!

3 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Probably. I actually have a vague memory to have seen recently that it was back to i being included already. Absolutely not sure though!

It was brought back very recently.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

The ones I booked yesterday are also gone, but they were there around 8:00 a.m. this morning.

My guess is that it is a glitch and they will be put back.   I do see a lot of changes to the App from earlier this morning.

Now the specialty restaurant lingo says an additional 20% will be charged at restaurant.

Grrr...they are missing on my cruises in December. I have already paid for them, it is this year, why cancel it. I sure hope you are right.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

Ah, I may well have missed that as not cruised NCL this year so don't tend to come on the board that often (but obviously did today with the more at sea news).

Or I may remember completely wrong! It should be included in the new package though. After all. it's not really THAT luxurious/expensive! 

1 hour ago, txcfa said:

Yes, our "free at sea plus" has disappeared for our December sailing.   We are sub 90 days to sail.   Anyone have experience yet this morning barking at NCL or Haven Concierge for this ?   I am guessing they will not give us any break to cancel, but I find this hilariously bad customer service.   We had upgraded for the water / starbucks / unlimited internet with the 2 extra meals a bonus.

Same here, for a November 10th sailing. I am very unhappy. I upgraded for all the unlimited internet/Starbucks primarily and now to get the same benefits will cost much more. I am disgusted and think this is my last cruise with Norwegian. I get starting a new program, but taking benefits away from customers for a program that isn't starting until January 1st is just too much for me.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Ladyshopper23 said:

On the Escape last week, Bailey's was included on the "regular' Beverage Package.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

If there is no change to the latitudes reserving process then that will mean you get charged. You have always been charged when reserving places with a cover charge.

I just made dining reservations for a Feb. 2, 2024 cruise.  We have 2 FAS meals and 2 Platinum meals.  Total of 4.  I reserved LaCucina, OceanBlue, Cagney’s and LeBistro.  I was not asked to pay anything.  Although the NCL website and app is throwing errors everywhere…the bookings did go through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2