Royal Caribbean will never get another dollar of my money.

Royal Caribbean will never get a dollar of my money again.  My family cruised on Harmony of the Seas in Aug 2024 and had constant toilet issues.  The first few days it would not flush at all, even after calling for help it would work once then stop.  Day 4, the toilet flooded the bathroom.  Day 6, it flushed itself so much while we were at dinner it flooded the bathroom and cabin with sewage water.  All Royal Caribbean offered was a small 20% future cruise credit and a small onboard credit and they lie and say I was satisfied and accepted it.  I did not accept and I requested a larger cruise credit and they act like this was a small problem and can not be bothered to care about their customers.  Stay away from Royal Caribbean cruises if you ever plan on needing customer service.  I will be leaving bad reviews everywhere I possibly can and added YouTube videos and am sending some to my local news.  

VideoCapture_20240818-213358.jpg

VideoCapture_20240818-213407.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just got off Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas in and our sink never worked right the entire cruise.  We had the use the shower to brush our teeth and wash our hands and Royal Caribbean just said sorry we have sent plumbers out to fix the issue.  This was a daily occurrence.  Our balcony door was also extremely hard to open, and they tried to put us in an interior room with a broken tv.  When I got home, I called and customer service says 20% off a future cruise and expired within a year.  I asked for more because Royal always used to take care of customers, but they have really poor customer service now.  I have cruised Royal 12 times over the past 9 years and am jst now looking for a new cruise line.  I hear the new large size Carnival ships are nice; can anyone recommend them who is used to cruising on Royal?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This poor customer service all seems to be a recent thing, just take a look at the recent Royal customer reviews.  The recent ones are all poor.  Such a shame Royal does nor car about customer service anymore and is all about the bottom dollar.   I was Loyal to Royal but am now DisLoyal to Royal.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Interesting. We had issues on a recent cruise, asked for nothing (including an offered bottle of wine) - just wanted it to work.  They fixed it and gave us FCC without asking for it. 

Wonder if it’s how you approach the problem on the ship. 

• Like 8

My family just took a large family cruise on the Wonder of the Seas.  We enjoyed the cruise but did have issues with the thermostat in our cabin lots of the time.  Also the phone did not work and the sink sprayed water all over.  It took a multiple days to get the issues in both cabins resolved and it seemed like the guest services team just did not want to do anything for compensation.  They were all nice and polite but just didn't care the AC was not working for 3 days in 1 cabin and the sink sprayed water all over the other cabin.  Also apparently the towel machine was broken so we kept getting our old towels.  I really try not to be ne to complain but the guest services just cared about $$$.  Not the way they used to be.  We have sailed 1 cruise a year since 2010 on most lines and rarely had to complain about anything but now royal Caribbean just cares about $$$ and you can tell.  I asked for a supervisor and got the same line.  The cruise was not bad at all but I think we will stay away from this line in the future.  And yes I can see their recent reviews are dropping.  Such a shame for a company I used to love.  I am glad I did not have those toilet issues, they should be given a free cruise for putting up with that.  Sorry for what you went through.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Interesting. We had issues on a recent cruise, asked for nothing (including an offered bottle of wine) - just wanted it to work.  They fixed it and gave us FCC without asking for it. 

A couple cruises ago we had a nasty AC leak and they had to tear up the carpet to clean it up. We asked for nothing because we were quite satisfied with how the issue was handled quickly, but got handed a 25% FCC.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Cruisin.Addiction.22 said:

My family just took a large family cruise on the Wonder of the Seas.  We enjoyed the cruise but did have issues with the thermostat in our cabin lots of the time.  Also the phone did not work and the sink sprayed water all over.  It took a multiple days to get the issues in both cabins resolved and it seemed like the guest services team just did not want to do anything for compensation.  They were all nice and polite but just didn't care the AC was not working for 3 days in 1 cabin and the sink sprayed water all over the other cabin.  Also apparently the towel machine was broken so we kept getting our old towels.  I really try not to be ne to complain but the guest services just cared about $$$.  Not the way they used to be.  We have sailed 1 cruise a year since 2010 on most lines and rarely had to complain about anything but now royal Caribbean just cares about $$$ and you can tell.  I asked for a supervisor and got the same line.  The cruise was not bad at all but I think we will stay away from this line in the future.  And yes I can see their recent reviews are dropping.  Such a shame for a company I used to love.  I am glad I did not have those toilet issues, they should be given a free cruise for putting up with that.  Sorry for what you went through.

I have not yet sailed on Wonder.  What is a towel machine?  

So sorry you had to deal with that.  I would definitely not be happy.  If the issue had been resolved quickly I would have no issue, stuff happens and I wouldn't expect compensation.  However, you had to put up with over several days and obviously they didn't have another cabin to offer or I think that would have been an option. Dirty water and wet carpets would not have made for a happy and relaxing cruise for me and I think compensation is definitely warranted in this case.  How much is subjective.  Have you tried reaching out directly to Michael Bayley? I would do so. 

I have been very lucky with Royal I guess.  Recently I was on Grandeur and had an issue with a hard mattress and squeaking bed.  I realized it at midnight.  My husband called housekeeping and guest services.  A manager and 2 stateroom attendants arrived within 10 min.  They put two toppers on the mattress and offered to fix the squeak in the morning.  I declined the bed fix as I didn't want the disruption.  The bed was comfortable after that.  The following morning I received a call from guest services and another from the housekeeping manager asking if I was satisfied with the bed.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, alfaeric said:

We had the same experience as you on Harmony. Houskeeping officer came to our room, checked things out and got it fixed. Harmony has amazing an staff in our opinion. 

Edited by Boz575
  • Like 3

Sailed Royal for over 20 years. Experienced clogged toilets, showers that slow drained, hard to close balcony doora, not once did I think that required compensation. The expectation of perfection is skewed. People who now think "bad" reviews matter are also skewed. Please leave your bad rwview most can see no matter the resolution you will continue to trash royal.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Saoa0318 said:

Sailed Royal for over 20 years. Experienced clogged toilets, showers that slow drained, hard to close balcony doora, not once did I think that required compensation. The expectation of perfection is skewed. People who now think "bad" reviews matter are also skewed. Please leave your bad rwview most can see no matter the resolution you will continue to trash royal.

Several years ago RCI banned a couple who complained every cruise about something. Supposedly this couple was looking for compensation every cruise for something that didn’t meet their standards. 

• Like 3

Where did you get all these numbers added to your “name”?  
We’ve been on a lot of cruises (googolplex amount) some with issues concerning the vacuum toilet system, flooding included.  Royal and all lines have been more than fair with the compensation that we received. Sorry to hear that Royal didn’t meet your wants or needs. The best part about cruising is that there are more than 50 cruise lines from which to choose. 

Coincidently,  we divested of all our RCL and CCL today. But surely I will pick up shares in the near future. (ROTH IRA transaction)