NEW VC TIER BLUE DIAMOND

sidari

5 minutes ago, Ryan82 said:

I dont see diamond blue mentioned on that page but fair enough on the terms

Quite so. The page is showing the soon-to-change program, but the terms & conditions link further down that page goes to an explanation of the incoming program.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cellfree said:

As a result of your post I went on-line and took pics of each of our status as of today. Under “Membership info” it says we are Diamond and have 20,000+ points - (the strange thing is under “My points” it has a much lesser amount) - all this to say I wanted to document that we are Diamond and each have 20,000+ points.

Just now did the same thing. Thank you!

2 hours ago, JT1962 said:

As an FYI, I just spoke with my MSC Concierge to book a cruise for next fall and he said they had a meeting this morning about the Blue Diamond level. He confirmed it would require 25,000 points and would start on November 7. He said he did not know all the details, but MSC should be sending out information prior to November 7.

Sounds official to me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rfemle said:

Something strange is going on, yesterday the VC said I had 31100 pts and diamond.  Today I looked and it says 11100 pts and still Diamond.  Originally Matched to gold and have done three YC with spending to get points.  I have two more booked and when I booked onboard they explained I get extra points and I explained not any real benefits except a specialty dinner at Diamond, he said they may be expanding the point levels because of all the matching, and said there may be more benefits coming.

I do not see any real benefits in this possible blue diamond change, specifically for YC cruisers.  I agree with others that adding YC features to BD cruisers takes away from YC and makes me look at aurea or other cats with those benefits at BD.

I did work to get to a top level with NCL, but then they took away so many items, such as specialty dining number of meals with cruise and jacked the prices up.  That is why I have switched to MSC for YC.

I have had some trouble upgrading next YC cruise and am questioning some of MSC's operation, including this possible change.

It appears that several of us, myself included, have experienced changes to our points as shown in the progress bar of our VC account.  I suspect MSC's IT group is "tweaking" the affected web page.

46 minutes ago, chrisgp999 said:

It appears that several of us, myself included, have experienced changes to our points as shown in the progress bar of our VC account.  I suspect MSC's IT group is "tweaking" the affected web page.

I hope all this "excitement" wont be a disappointment....

8 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

Hello,

I don't think I'm particularly demanding but it will take more than a 'pillow menu' and one free shuttle bus trip to get me excited.

If there is anyone here that can speak, or more accurately - read, German, there is this:

https://www.cruisetricks.de/msc-treueprogramm-voyagers-club-neue-regel-und-neuer-blue-diamond-status/ .

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I don't think I'm particularly demanding but it will take more than a 'pillow menu' and one free shuttle bus trip to get me excited.

If there is anyone here that can speak, or more accurately - read, German, there is this:

https://www.cruisetricks.de/msc-treueprogramm-voyagers-club-neue-regel-und-neuer-blue-diamond-status/ .

Regards,

Cublet

Just used google translate and it is a web page by a blogger. It states that this new level is based on the Israel pdf file we have used. So nothing new and we dont know from this German blogger. Blogger even states that he/she has not confirmed with MSC.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ryan82 said:

After a new level was first announced 9 years ago I think the excitement waned quite some time ago ... 🤣

I heard from a friend last night who has just completed a cruise on Meraviglia that the onboard VC rep confirmed that the New level is set to start soon but they did not have the details yet.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, chrisgp999 said:

My three biggest fears: Falling from a great height, My MIL, and MSC's IT department making an "enhancement." No good can happen from any of those three! 😉

• Haha 10

21 minutes ago, JAGR said:

My three biggest fears: Falling from a great height, My MIL, and MSC's IT department making an "enhancement." No good can happen from any of those three! 😉

I have no fear of falling from great heights. My fear is when I hit the ground falling from great heights 😆😆😆!

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2024 at 9:45 AM, frank808 said:

Just got off Peziosa and the entire YC staff from concierge, butler, waiters etc. was the best we have encountered as a whole. This was an European sailing. Pepe (YC director) has them working as a star team. 

Any cruise that has Pepe will have the YC team at its best!

• Like 1

On 10/20/2024 at 3:48 PM, Best Cat Mom said:

They are doing something as that looked totally different this morning when I was checking our excursions.

PS: I did a screen shot of all my info, including the points details, in case my status remains at "Welcome."

I did the same!  My point total is correct at slightly north of 25,000 but the bar graph/progress line was way off (to the downside). 

• Like 1

Folks, this isn't hard to figure out.

1. Blue Diamond status is coming.

2. It doesn't offer much for most, and for some, the revised program is a step backwards.

3. The Voyagers Club graph differs from the point totals shown due to pending changes.  I think my photo illustrates what is likely occurring.

There seems to be a lot of back and forth on this, yet the probable outcome seems pretty clear.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

@Stockjock, agree. We sail November 9 YC Interior so even though as some suggested the new tiers start November 7 we won’t really see any changes. This morning spotted a great deal on a January Cruise, Guaranteed Interior (in past have been fortunate to be assigned a balcony) with Beverages, and “hope” to be able to take advantage of the new free Wi-Fi perk at 25,000+ points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I think this is what is confusing me and everyone else -- the two sides do not match and no one seems to know why .. 

image.thumb.png.591e38961b333a4c7e7808ab75761e2e.png

I think I explained what is likely occurring, so go to the previous page and look for my post with a similar screenshot.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I think I explained what is likely occurring, so go to the previous page and look for my post with a similar screenshot.

I saw that but the scale does not seem to work with my example.  If the 4000 point becomes 10000 and the 10000 becomes 25000 there is no way 13100 would extend that far. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I saw that but the scale does not seem to work with my example.  If the 4000 point becomes 10000 and the 10000 becomes 25000 there is no way 13100 would extend that far. 

I see what you mean.  I have over 17,000 points and mine doesn't extend that far.  Well, that's what I *think* is going on.  We shall see soon enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

I'm guessing the status bar on the right is a logarithmic scale not linear.  Regardless, as long as I don't loose my VC points let MSC IT have their fun.  BTW,I'm glad that MSC saves their money on "qualified" IT staff while maintaining a relatively high level of on-board YC experiences.

• Like 2