Open Seating Infinity in Alaska

CaneCruiser

Is the first night open seating for Dinner on the infinity in Alaska? Also what time do they do the muster drill?

:) Hi,

1/ Yes

2/ approx 4.30pm-4.45pm

Happy sailings

You'll love this ship

Chees

Claude

;)

I had not heard of that before this. Tell me it is not true. We love the assigned seating. We have done 3 Celebrity cruises and it seems like when everything settles down they do the drill. Maybe if sailing time is at 5pm the drill could be soon after sailing time.

Does the ship sail at a "normal hour"?

I just returned from Mercury to Alaksa and it was definitely

"Assigned Seating".

The only time I have ever experienced open seating on the first

night was on Constellation back in Dec 2004. The ship did not

sail till 11pm and dinner was open.

Other than that, none of my cruises have ever had open seating

for dinner.

Infinity should be no different.

As always, some people will say 'yes' and others will say 'no'. The difference lies in the itinerary.

The 5.45 pm departures out of Vancouver (the 7 night Alaska cruises) have assigned seating on the first night.

The cruises departing San Francisco (the 10 and 12 night Alaska cruises) have open seating on the first night.

Best Regards,

Floris

I have been on an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver for a seven day cruise on the Infinity and out of San Francisco for a 14 day cruise . That was in 2004 and 2005 and it was assigned seating. I also just got off of the Summit on May 20th and it was a 14 day cruise with assigned seating. I am just surprised hearing this today about open seating. Is this just on certain cruises? I guess you would know for sure when you book. I am not sure I would like open seating. I had friends who did open seating and they did not like it at all. I just love the service we have received from Celebrity with the assigned seating. We had the greatest waiters this last cruise. The second night we were at dinner they remembered everything that we liked from the night before. Ice tea and coffee with desert. It just gives it a nice touch.

Sounds like there is some misunderstanding. There is no open seating for the entire cruise...it's just the first night on some cruises, generally related to sailaway time or embarkation time (related, of course).

We have been on five Celebrity cruises, and on everyone, it was assigned seating for dinner on the night of sail away.

We are on the 10 night cruise on Infinity out of Vancouver on Sept. 3, 2006, will it be assigned seating on the night of sail away?

On both our Infinity sailings out of Vancouver for Alaska (2002 & 2005) it was assigned seating (not open seating) including the night of sailing.

Muster drill was held at 5:15 pm for 5:45 sailing.

Dave

This topic deals with the first night only.

In short, open or assigned seating depends on the departure time.

Summit leaves Seward at 9 pm, hence open seating on the first night. When we sailed around the horn earlier this year, we left Buenos Aires at 11 pm (open seating) and Valparaiso at 9 pm (open seating).

Infinity leaves Vancouver at 5.45 pm, which is before dinner time. Seating on the first night will thus be the normal, assigned seating.

As for the September 13 Infinity Alaska cruise from San Francisco, sail away is at 5 pm, so I expect assigned seating. On a side note, I am booked on this cruise as well :D

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Floris

Just returned from Infinity sailing San Francisco to Alaska (Victoria first port of call). We were scheduled for a 5:00 PM departure but did not depart until about 6:00 Pm due to late arrival of some provisions.

On our cruise we had assigned seating at all dinner meals, including the first night.

Did Infinity out of SF May 2005 and had assigned seats for dinner day one.

Muster drill should be held BEFORE the ship departs as that is the whole purpose. I think I've only seen it held after sailing on one Carnival cruise many years ago. But I'm over Carnival, so I guess I just expect the muster to be just before leaving.

Floris: You're going to be a busy person. Alaska in September - TA in November? I envy you!

Bobbie

Archived