Who's Your Captain & Cruise Director?

C 2 C

Thanks Jan...we had Captain Metropoulis last year when we sailed on the Century. The other names aren't familiar though. But I'm sure it will be a great cruise! Seems we look forward to a cruise for so long...then when we are finally cruising, it passes much too quickly! I'm sure you have great memories now and hope you took lots of pictures to help keep those memories fresh!

We just sailed on the Century the first week of April.

Captain: Theodoros Mitropoulos

Hotel Director: Fabrizio Cerutti

Cruise Director: Luke Bonney

Food and Bev. Mgr: Gererdo Herrera

Captain's Club Hostess: Sue Williams

Thanks Jan:

Any comments on the above?

WhoisWhere-8.jpg

On the Century, Captain Mitropoulos was nice, but my favorite by far is still Captain Terry who no longer is with Celebrity. Other than at the Captain's party, we never saw him around the ship. Captain Terry used to go on deck every afternoon and chat with whoever approached him.

The best Hotel Director was Fabrizio!! He was very, very charming and personable. Not to mention very flirtatious with all the females, but in a nice way so as not to offend the gentlemen. He was very outgoing and friendly with the men also. I adored him!!!

The Cruise Director Luke Bonney was very nice and helpful. Not entertaining like some of the CD's are, but very nice and down to earth.

Jan:

Thanks for the comments. We will be on Century again in July. Many of these people change too quickly from our point of view but it tis nice to know how they interact with guests.

Arno

The CD on the Galaxy is Dottie Kulasa. She was one of the most visible CD I have experienced.

She attended the CC gathering and was quite funny and informative. She has been in the industry for about 15 years (left to open a Comedy Club with her husband for 2 years). She was previously with NCL, and for a short time with HAL.

She did inform us that after the Galaxy, she would be on the Azamara ships for a while.

The CD on the Galaxy is Dottie Kulasa. She was one of the most visible CD I have experienced.

She did inform us that after the Galaxy, she would be on the Azamara ships for a while.

This seems to be a difficult time for CD on Celebrity ships. I have never seen so many changes involving new names

We'll be on Galaxy in two weeks. Since Galaxy is now in dry dock, perhaps Dottie has already left for Azamara.

Is Damian de Lorenzis REALLY not on the Mercury!? Please someone, confirm for me!

IF he isn't, this really throws me off because I needed to contact him for some school work I'm doing for my record for colleges to see when I apply. I was going to get another member on cruise critic to pass on some important papers on their voyage but I guess that won't work if he's not on the Mercury anymore.

This seems to be a difficult time for CD on Celebrity ships. I have never seen so many changes involving new names

We'll be on Galaxy in two weeks. Since Galaxy is now in dry dock, perhaps Dottie has already left for Azamara.

Hi Arno !

You are right about that. I have no idea what's going on at Celebrity, but I have never seen such a wholesale burst of comings and goings. There was a time (not too long ago) when I knew most every CD at Celebrity on a personal basis. Now, I have no idea who many of these CD's are.

What I can tell you, is some of the recent hirings, seem to be acts of desperation by Celebrity, rather than getting qualified people. I truly hope that Celebrity can hang on to some of the more senior CD's like Allan King and John Howell, as they need some stability in this area.

Has anyone heard what happened to Don Fluke ? He was due back on Constellation weeks ago. We were very disappointed he wasnt on Connie a few weeks ago. After watching the new CD John Grantham, I can tell you that Don is greatly missed.

• 3 weeks later...

From the ship I posted the current officers and staff. I have since gotten additional information that should be of interest.

Simon Weir - Currently Hotel Director on the Infinity leaves for vacation on May 16. After 3-1/2 mos he will report to Germany where the Solstice is being built and will be the Hotel Director on the Solstice once it sails.

Nick Weir - Will be the new Cruise Director on the Solstice. Wow! Two Weir's on the same ship.

Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis - Currently the Master on the Infinity leaves for vacation the end of June. He will move to the Solstice the end of January '09, and will be the Master on the Eclipse when it sails.

Jeff Potts - Started his current contract as Cruise Director on the Infinity on April 13.

Rosalba Martinez - Captain's Club hostess leaves the Infinity in early July for vacation. She then moves to the Constellation.

From the ship I posted the current officers and staff. I have since gotten additional information that should be of interest.

Simon Weir - Currently Hotel Director on the Infinity leaves for vacation on May 16. After 3-1/2 mos he will report to Germany where the Solstice is being built and will be the Hotel Director on the Solstice once it sails.

Nick Weir - Will be the new Cruise Director on the Solstice. Wow! Two Weir's on the same ship.

Captain Dimitrios Kafetzis - Currently the Master on the Infinity leaves for vacation the end of June. He will move to the Solstice the end of January '09, and will be the Master on the Eclipse when it sails.

Jeff Potts - Started his current contract as Cruise Director on the Infinity on April 13.

Rosalba Martinez - Captain's Club hostess leaves the Infinity in early July for vacation. She then moves to the Constellation.

Forgot to mention that Cara York takes over as Hotel Director on the Infinity on May 16 after Simon leaves. She will be there until July.

Are the Weirs related?

Wow, and I will be sailing with Captain Kafetzis 3 times in a row (Infinity 2x, Solstice 1x)! He's a very cool captain.

And how do you all know this info? Or is that a question for another thread?

Are the Weirs related?

Wow, and I will be sailing with Captain Kafetzis 3 times in a row (Infinity 2x, Solstice 1x)! He's a very cool captain.

And how do you all know this info? Or is that a question for another thread?

We sat with Capt Kafetzis at the Captain's table and he mentioned the info about himself. Also, spoke with Simon and Cara. I agree the Capt is tops and Simon is great, too!

Good to know, we leave for Infinity in a few weeks. Looking forward to sailing Alaska again.

A lot of moving around going these days with Celebrity.:cool:

Thanks for the updates.

• 3 weeks later...
We just sailed on the Century the first week of April.

Captain: Theodoros Mitropoulos

Hotel Director: Fabrizio Cerutti

Cruise Director: Luke Bonney

Food and Bev. Mgr: Gererdo Herrera

Captain's Club Hostess: Sue Williams

Enjoy for those of you who are lucky enough to be going on the ship soon, instead of just finished with a great cruise!

Jan

Thanks for the information but to show how fluid these assignments are, I've heard that Captain Mitropolous is now on Quest and Captain Pagonis is back on Century. I'll include the rest of the information on the next update.

chachabell and florisdekort thanks for the updates as well...

WhosWhereMay2008.jpg

C2C-

Thanks so much for providing this information. I always look forward to these updates.

I'm glad to see that Dottie has stayed with X. She was extremely personable and most visible. She had been with HAL and NCL previous to X and her first cruise with X was on the Galaxy on 3/28.

I'm glad to see that Dottie has stayed with X. She was extremely personable and most visible. She had been with HAL and NCL previous to X and her first cruise with X was on the Galaxy on 3/28.

Dottie left Galaxy on May 30th when we got off in Rome.

Strangely we sailed with her on Norwegian Dream 10 years ago when we visited many of these same ports in the Eastern Mediterranean.

We talked about "will we or won't we visit Israel" as the news changed daily based on continuing troubles at that time.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been nearly a month and few people have sent in any updates.

From Mercury:

Hopefully this will help fill in some current information for you. Friends were on the June 1, 2008 (Vancouver to Vancouver, 7 night Alaska) sailing and provided us with the Celebrity Today releases.

Master--Captain Nickos Frantzis

Chief Engineer--Evangelos Miskedakis

Hotel Director--John M. Rusterholz

Staff Captain--Philippos Dimoulas

Cruise Director--Matthew Roberts

Staff Cheif Engineer--Evangelos Plomaritis

Food & Beverage Manager--Gavin Eyles

Onboard Marketing Manager--Ray Joubert

Guest Relations Manager--Simona Stumberger

Financial Controller--Charles Gleydura

Environmental Officer--Nikolas Asproudas

Human Resources Manager--Neville C. Lodewykes

We are on the Aug 31/08 sailing. If there are any changes, I can update the information for you.

Sandy

Another addition to the Cruise Director position.

Sorry if this is a bit off the thread. Has anyone seen a sommelier named Heinrich during their travels? We have run into him on a Med. voyage aboard the Galaxy and also during a Transatlantic on the Constellation. We are wondering where he is at this point.

Thanks for your input.

It's been nearly a month and few people have sent in any updates.

From Mercury:

Another addition to the Cruise Director position.

Hi Arno !

How are You ? I hope all is well !

I am pretty sure that Matt Roberts was a former Cruise Staffer who has been promoted to Cruise Director. Of course, its possible I am thinking about a different Matt.

Sorry if this is a bit off the thread. Has anyone seen a sommelier named Heinrich during their travels? We have run into him on a Med. voyage aboard the Galaxy and also during a Transatlantic on the Constellation. We are wondering where he is at this point.

Thanks for your input.

There was a Hendrick from South Africa on our recent Galaxy cruise, May transatlantic and the Med. Perhaps he's the one?

There was a Hendrick from South Africa on our recent Galaxy cruise, May transatlantic and the Med. Perhaps he's the one?

Hi Arno, I 2nd Andy senitments and hope you are doing well:)

I met Hendrick in March too:D. He recommended a fabulous

dessert wine to me. It was from, where else? South Africa;)

Archived