Who's Your Captain & Cruise Director?

C 2 C

My brother received an Email from Juro a couple of weeks back. Apparently Juro is back on Mercury and enjoying the work of the Alaska itineraries.

Terry

Hi Terry:) I have a friend who just returned home from Mercury

and your brother is correct. Juro is on board:D and hoping he

will still be on in September too!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to RMSeadog for sending me an update about many changes about to take place on Mercury.

WhosOnBoardAug152008.jpg

Anyone who has recently sailed or knows someone who has kept the dailies, please send me an email or post on this thread.

Hi Arno,:) do you know when the Mercury changes are taking

place? This month?

I will be glad to let you know who is on board when I sail her

next month:)

Hi Arno,:) do you know when the Mercury changes are taking

place? This month?

I will be glad to let you know who is on board when I sail her

next month:)

Hi Lois:

Most of the changes will take place in September. It's tough keeping a list of names just when they are about to change in almost every department.

Have a great cruise. We'll be on the other ocean cruising to NJ from Barcelona.

Hi Arno, thanks for the reply:)

I go in the middle of the month so my particular sailing

might be the one where everyone changes;)

Not sure when all that stuff takes place...beginning, middle

or end.....we shall see!

I hope you and Joanne have a wonderful cruise as well:)

Is John Grantham still the cruise director on the Constellation?

I heard he was leaving in July, but don't know if it was to another ship, vacatio or what.

Longduo

The current cruise director on Constellation is Gary Walker, one of the best cruise directors I have ever experienced.

I would appreciate an update from somebody who has recently been on Millennium. Thanks!

What kind of "update" do you want? I was on Millennium in June, 2008 and I thought the ship was in good shape, notwithstanding its constant use. There was evidence of carpet replacement and painting.

I thought the food was just ok and certainly in decline from my experience on Millennium in December, 2007.

I thought the service was good, but not great.

What kind of "update" do you want? I was on Millennium in June, 2008 and I thought the ship was in good shape, notwithstanding its constant use. There was evidence of carpet replacement and painting.

I thought the food was just ok and certainly in decline from my experience on Millennium in December, 2007.

I thought the service was good, but not great.

Captain & Cruise Director - Thanks !! :)

The current cruise director on Constellation is Gary Walker, one of the best cruise directors I have ever experienced.

I'm looking at my dailies from our July 22 cruise on the Summit. Captain was Yannis Berdos and Cruise Director was John Howell

Thanks for the updates. If you have any more information for entertainment groups or other staff members from the dailies, could you post them?

• 3 weeks later...

I got off Mercury this morning.

Changes to the staff list are:

Chief Engineer: Kostas Kallinikos

Hotel Director: Sonja Gruber

Cruise Director: Fith Fithian

Future Sales Manager: Wesley Savery

The proper spelling for the Restaurant Manager's name is Milivoj Simunec.

Donald.

Kapricorn posted some of the staff changes as of today September 14th on the Mercury. No mention of Regina Espadero who wears many hats- CC hostess and Future Sales. Any chance that Regina will be returning to the Millie or already onboard as we speak?? She is a gem!:)

At the Captain's Club event I had asked the CC Hostess, Tanushka, about Regina. I believe that she told me that Regina is now at home. I am not sure on which ship she will be, if she returns.

Donald.

Thank you for the information. Regina's hometown is in the next municipality over from me (Metro Vancouver area )so I might run into her at the mall.:D

I didn't know that Regina lives in the Metro Vancouver area, where I also reside. She and I had greeted each other on a number of occasions on past cruises, especially on Mercury two months ago, but never actually chatted. I'll have to do that if I ever see her again in the future.

Donald.

To be more specific, I think Regina is from Coquitlam. She was such a lovely staff member on our cruise on the Mercury last August. She arranged for extras like dinner at the main table with the chief engineer, a tour of the bridge and a wine tasting seminar. Now I'm spoiled! We are on the Millie next month and we were hoping to cross paths with Regina again.

I thought that Tanushka, the Captain's Club hostess on Mercury, chose whom would dine at the Captain's Table. So, she gets feedback from other staff about potential invitees? I also dined with the Chief Engineer last July, and last week I dined with the Staff Captain. Both were interesting to chat with.

Bad news ... no more wine blending seminars and no more Senior Officer's Party for Elite members. That one has been replaced by a late morning coffee get-together with officers. However, that was well-attended and the coffee in Michael's Club was delicious.

Donald.

Archived