bad sewage smell on star

brovol

I agree with the note earlier about not going on the Star right now until Princess fixes the problem. We had some friends the other night mention at a dinner party (with 5 other couples) they were going on the Star. After the laughter died down, they decided to re-booked going on a Cleb. ship instead...

• 1 month later...

please post any recent 3/19/07 crusies on the Star. Was there a smell? There was a sewer smell on my last cruise with the star. So any new trips would be a great sourse of information. oh and the question is, did you smell any sewer smell on the star princess.

thanks

Curt

We were on the Star from March 3-10th/07 and there was absolutely NO SMELL AT ALL! None...not even from our own bathroom! LOL...

No worries...I walked the entire ship most nights from aft to forward (from the kids' zone at 15 aft to our cabin at 5 forward) and never once smelled anything sewage at all...

The ship was beautiful!

please post any recent 3/19/07 crusies on the Star. Was there a smell? There was a sewer smell on my last cruise with the star. So any new trips would be a great sourse of information. oh and the question is, did you smell any sewer smell on the star princess.

thanks

Curt

We cruised the Star from 3/10/07 - 3/17/07 and never smelled anything even close to sewage. We were a group of 12 and not one person ever complained of any bad odors at all.

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bring up bad memories for some of you again, but I am considering booking a cruise next winter on the star (ironically, with credit that we received for putting up with foul odors in our stateroom on tahitian princess) and can't imagine spending 14 days with a room that smells of sewage. Can anybody who has been on the star since March comment?

We got off the Star on Oct. 16th after a Mediterranean sailing, and didn't notice any smell anywhere on the ship! We had aft corner balcony cabins. I had totally forgotten about this because we didn't notice it at all.

Terry

Thank you for your updates! I feel much more confident about booking the cruise now. :) I am hoping to be midship starboard side too.

If anyone else has any positive (or negative) recent experience, or any idea what the problem was, I would be curious to hear comments.

We were in cabin 8060, I believe. It was not a widespread problem, from what I am aware, it was limited to the aft portside cabins on the minisuite deck. The various engineers and stewards and pursers deck representatives came in and told us that it was a very rare problem that only occurred a couple of times a year depending on the wind condition. We were told at various times that a few people had complained and at other times that we were the only people complaining and it was actually MY problem.

The smell itself was a bit like burning plastic and exhaust fumes (sometimes it smelled more like one or the other) and the ship employees who did come in said they thought that the exhaust from the ship was somehow being sucked up into the system and blown into our room through the a/c (which couldn't be turned off).

Thank you for your updates! I feel much more confident about booking the cruise now. :) I am hoping to be midship starboard side too.

If anyone else has any positive (or negative) recent experience, or any idea what the problem was, I would be curious to hear comments.

We were on the Star last June, about amidships, starboard side too. No issues w/ anything.

We got off the Star on Oct. 16th after a Mediterranean sailing, and didn't notice any smell anywhere on the ship! We had aft corner balcony cabins. I had totally forgotten about this because we didn't notice it at all.

Terry

Hi Terry, did you do a review?

Archived