Live from the Coral on Christmas Day

bjboothman

What a wonderful way to spend a holiday. Just saying hello and Merry Christmas - Happy Holidays to all from the Coral, docked at St. Thomas today. Been here a half dozen times and staying onboard to relax this time. If there is any piece of info that I can collect for anyone while I'm here, post a note or email me below. I purchased my second pair of onboard future cruises today --- now it's time to figure out where and when I want to go.

This is our 3rd sailing on the Coral and it will definitely not be our last - it's just as wonderful as always. I know a lot of you are Coral fans, like me.

Trying my best to move up to elite --------:D

The Coral is my favorite ship too. I was surprised that the Coral is in St. Thomas. Is this a special holiday one. The itiniery is usually the Panama Canal, Cozumel, Grand Caymen, Costa Rica and Ocho Rios.

Anyway have a great cruise.

Marilyn

The Coral is my favorite ship too. I was surprised that the Coral is in St. Thomas. Is this a special holiday one. The itiniery is usually the Panama Canal, Cozumel, Grand Caymen, Costa Rica and Ocho Rios.

Anyway have a great cruise.

Marilyn

The Coral Princess often does a 7 night modified itinerary for Christmas. I have been tempted to book it the past few years. So yes, a special holiday sailing.

The Coral Princess often does a 7 night modified itinerary for Christmas. I have been tempted to book it the past few years. So yes, a special holiday sailing.

Thanks Teresa. I sort of thought that but was not sure. By the way how was your Star trip and did youhave any problems getting home especially since you said that you had a lay-over in Denver. Obviously you are home so no problems.

Sorry about hijacking the thread.:o

Marilyn

Thanks Teresa. I sort of thought that but was not sure. By the way how was your Star trip and did youhave any problems getting home especially since you said that you had a lay-over in Denver. Obviously you are home so no problems.

Sorry about hijacking the thread.:o

Marilyn

Marilyn - just sent you an email! Merry Christmas!

-Theresa

Hi and Happy Holidays,

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your cruise on the Coral. We board on Friday and can't wait.

Could you please tell me the name of the cruise director and Captain.

How's the entertainment.....which dance shows do they have and what other acts are on board?

Thanks and I look forward to you hopefully posting throughout the week. Enjoy:)

I love the Coral as well. I think it is my favorite Princess ship, but I need a few more cruises to be sure ;) . We've only been back from the Sun for a couple of weeks and that was our first cruise on a Sun Class - we liked it also. The Regal is close to a Sun class, but is in her own class, I think. We prefer the "smaller" ships to the larger Grand class ones.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Yes, as already clarified - this is a special 7 day in the midst of the regular 10 day canal schedule. We have taken the 10 day pre Christmas cruise previously, and while it's great to be here over Christmas - it's killing me that we only have 7 days.

Larry - I'll keep my eye open for Marius --- I have found it strange that we have had NO headwaiters/maitre d's circulating in the dining room AT ALL this time. The service, as usual, has been excellent anyway.

We dined at Sabatini's for the first time ever last night. It was nice, but just not my thing - I wouldn't do it again. I think that says more about how much I enjoy the traditional dining room than the fact that I wasn't enamored about Sabatini's. Yes, and it was Christmas day and I should have known better, but there were many many noisy and unruly children in the restaurant last night also.

Captain is Georgio Pomato (sp?) and I swear they are calling the cruise director Good Ole Stu (I'll look for a further name) --- never heard of him before.

Someone mentioned in another thread that soda is now $1.75 + tax; I bought an 8 x 10 last night and it was $24.95, up from the $21.95 I paid a month or so ago. Not an issue for me ---- just mentioning. I have never bought the Reflections video - but there has been so much nice holiday activity, carols in the atrium sung by all levels of the onboard staff, I think I might have to do it this time.

Thanks for posting live for us! We leave on the Coral Princess in Feb for the Panama 10 day and can't wait! We are located at the front of a bump out cabin near the back of the ship. B622. Any information about how the ride is back there would be appreciated. I think we should be ok but we just got off the Caribbean Princess and had some very rough nights to start off the trip. It seems to be worse in the back of most ships so I was just curious.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived