• South America
    • Baltic
    • Alaska
    • Southern Caribbean
    • Australia/New Zealand
    • Western Caribbean
    • Asia
    • Other - Explain Below!

Actually, we have two cruises set up for 2007, the Mercury to the Mexican Rivera in less than a month, and then Western Turkey on a 14 passenger goulet....whatever that is....

After that who knows, could be Asia for 2008.

Happy New Year to all,

Done enough sightseeing in my previous life in the airline business. We do like river cruises, but we miss the private balcony. For us the ship is the destination, and it has to offer 'freestyle' dining and no formal nights. That leaves Oceania and NCL, and it has to be in an aft-facing cabin/balcony.

So - transatlantic it is, as you can see in our signtaure.

Wherever you cruise - enjoy.

I just came off the Seabourn Pride to the southern Caribbean; St. Lucia, St. Vincent, the Grenadines, etc. I loved the itinerary (and of course, Seabourn) so much I'm doing exactly the same cruise over Thanksgiving in 2007, and adding another week that will take in Nevis, St. Martin, Martinique. Seabourn is a magical line, it will be hard waiting almost a year to board one of her ships again. Happy New Year to everyone!

Jane :)

We are taking a short cruise to the Bahama's in spring and a 10 day cruise to New England/Canada in September so we voted other. The Bahama cruise is cheap and the New England/Canada cruise leaves from NYC, goes to Quebec City and returns to NYC.

Transpacific in September with the kids, Seattle to Sydney with a couple of days in Seattle and a couple in Brisbane before heading back to work, that's our only cruise for 2007 and all my vacation days too!!!:eek: :eek:

Have to start working on 2008 closer to September to have something to dream of:D :D

Let us know where you plan to cruise in 2007...and what's inspiring your choice of cruise region! If you don't find your cruise region on our list (we were limited to 10 and it was tough), feel free to post it here.

Thanks,

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

Cruise Critic

:) We were fortunate enough to begin cruising in 1979,on the

Russian ship "Oddessa" out of New Orleans.We were well and truly hooked.After that we discovered Sitmar Cruises and Holland America. Cruising the Caribbean, Mexico, and Panama,some 9 cruises later we decided that a repo cruise from Japan via Hawaii to Vancouver with Princess would be quite the adventure, and it truly was.

After that Australia beckoned plus New Zealand & The South Pacific.

Then it was back to S.E, Asia 3 times with Princess and a lovely itinerary with Ocean Pearl.most of these cruises were 14 days,plus pre and posts,but we were never really ready to dismbark,then we discovered a back to back cruise,from Singapore to Mumbai and then on to Athens via Egypt,and Israel,and of course the Suez Canal.After that it was Buenos Aires,Brazil and an Atlantic crossing via West Africa,Canary Islands Gibralta and Barcelona.Since then Alaska, Caribbean Mediterranean,Atlantic and Pacific Crossings. so now it's back to Asia in October,we can hardly wait......Happy New Year to all....Toeknee

We have two cruises planned for 2007. The is our kick back and relax cruise on NCL Spirit in June. It goes to Bermuda and the Eastern Caribbean. In August we'll head back to the Med on Celebrity Millennium. Some people we're nuts to cruise such famous places like Rome and Venice. We know you can't see Rome in a day so, go back and see more. That's what we're doing. we went to the Med in 2004 so now we'll see some more.

Cruise.fan

Oceanic(1983), Norway(1989), Oceanic(1991), Celebration(1993), Jubilee(1994), Sovereign of the Seas(1995), Century(1997 &1998), Voyager of the Seas(2000), Monarch of the Seas(2001), Millennium(2002), Galaxy(2003), Empress of the Seas(2004), Brilliance of the Seas(2004), Zuiderdam(2005 x2),NCL Spirit(2006), Crown Princess(2006)

OK I confess what I checked was "other" only in that I consider it an other. I'm going to Belize, Costa Maya, Honduras, and Grand Cayman. While Grand Cayman would definitely be Western Caribbean, the rest is Central America, at least in my book. Last year I did a Panama, Belize, and Costa Rica which was titled by the cruise line as "Exotic Western Caribbean". BUT I didn't GO to the exotic Western Caribbean, I WENT to Central America.

My first cruise stopped ONLY in Mexico, yet it too was called "Western Caribbean". Why NOT call that a cruise to Mexico in the brochures? When the cruise lines advertise a "Mexican Cruise" they seem to imply Pacific Mexico, not Atlantic.

Yes, I'm splitting hairs here !!

We will be doing a Repositioning Cruise starting in Baltimore, going to Bermuda, then the Eastern Caribbean, Southern Caribbean, and then heading to the Western Caribbean before ending in Tampa! I LOVE getting to do a full circle of the Caribbean after a couple of days in Bermuda....the ultimate way to get ready for winter!!

Take Care,

Jaime

Archived