canada/new england what ship

fisher joe

Considering that I love Voyager class ships and that I would not be interested in sailing any RCI class of ship other than Voyager, Radiance, and maybe Freedom, this choice is pretty easy for me especially if the ports are about the same. Explorer also happens to be my favorite ship.

granduer out of baltimore or explorer out of new jersey.....both 9 days same basic ports....which would be better?????? thanks

Voyager Class ships are great!

Having said that, it also depends on other factors. For example, which port is more convenient for you?

Either way, you will have a great cruise!

While my first reaction was to recommend the Explorer, a factor to be considered on this itinerary is the presence of a solarium with a retractable roof on the Grandeur, something not present on Explorer. Weather conditions might not make this a significant matter but should the weather be cool or windy, the enclosed solarium might be a bonus. Whether that will make up for the many special features exclusive to a Voyager class ship is for you to decide. We did a shortened version of this cruise on the Voyager a few years back and enjoyed it very much, but I don't believe the pool got much use and this was in late Spring, early Summer.

For or upcoming cruise in June (only time we could go) from Balt. I had no choice because the Gradeaur is the only ship doing this itenirary. Though, if I would have had a choice it would have been the Explorer, I like this class of ship.

I would say Grandeur for the Canada itenerary and Explorer for the Caribbean itenerary, I don't know which 9 night you're referring to.

I wouldn't do a Voyager class for a cold weather cruise only because there is so much to do outside on them and they really were not designed for cold weather cruises. They are the best way to go if you are going somewhere warm, though!

Vision class was built for Alaska and Europe with their covered solariums and little things like that. I wouldn't do a 9 night Caribbean on Grandeur just because there is so much more to do on Explorer in the Caribbean.

I'm sure you would love either one, I have never had a bad Royal Caribbean cruise ;).

Explorer but of course I love the ship. However, it is a good point about doing the New England cruise on the Grandeur with covered solarium as the Explorer's solarium is open. I still prefer the Explorer but it's something you may want to consider if you really like to swim but the Explorer hot tubs are great too! :)

I've done Canada/New England on two of those sister ships, Voyager and Enchantment. LOVED both cruises.

You can't go wrong.

With that said, I recommend the Explorer, since you have to pick.

:)

On the other hand, BWI & getting to the Baltimore cruiseport is probably more user-friendly than Newark and Bayonne. JFK is way worse.

You weren't thinking of DRIVING from Louisiana, were you? :eek:

Archived