BBQ / deck party

Vic The Parrot

Hi all

Does Princess have BBQ dinners out on deck on warm weather itineraries?

(Dawn ... Crown ... etc)

I remember a few lines having them in the late evening, and it was a nice, casual alternative to the main restaurant ... another good reason to "ditch the tie" that night. :D ;)

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!

in my experience as a crew member, there is no bbq, but the grill and pizza place stay open late (till 11 or 12) on some itineraries on some ships......each is different, but i know on the caribbean and crown its till 11 usually, so u can use it for dinner....some deck parties feature a buffet but not a bbq unfortunately

Hi all

Does Princess have BBQ dinners out on deck on warm weather itineraries?

(Dawn ... Crown ... etc)

I remember a few lines having them in the late evening, and it was a nice, casual alternative to the main restaurant ... another good reason to "ditch the tie" that night. :D ;)

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend!

Not so much a BBQ, but on the Diamond last month during the Island night deck party they set up a beautiful outside buffet at the main pool. :)

If your talking about a bbq similar to what NCL does out on deck, no:(

I think it's a great alternative to going to the dinng room. Different grills with burgers, sausage, chicken, ribs plus a dozen different sides. Each line does its own thing....the bbq is not one of them on Princess.

However, there are only two nights neckties are requested in the dining rooms - the two formal nights. The other nights you can go more casual.

the number of formal nights depends on the lenght of the cruise.....so suggesting there are "two" is a bit misleading

Just got off the Crown. Even though they said there was a Caribbean party one night, it was nothing but music. No buffet, carvings, etc. We were a little surprised by that since we always see the big Caribbean pool bash when we are on Royal Caribbean, but again, each line is different and the Crown Princess had no buffets of any kind other than the normal ones in Horizon Court and the Caribe Cafe.

On our Sun Princess and Grand Princess cruises, Island Night included a big buffet. On the Grand Princess, it was set up in the Horizon Court--but more food than was usually available that time of night and special dishes with an island theme. On the Sun Princess, the buffet was set up at the Terrace Grill area--once again with tropical menu items. Both parties featured island music played by the pool band. I think both started after 11 p.m.

Our Holland America cruise had a deck barbecue--chicken and steak cooked on grills beside the pool plus lots of side dishes. We had late dinner and managed to taste a little bit and still make it to dinner. The HAL experience could have replaced dinner.

In Alaska when cruising either Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm, they used to have an Alaskan BBQ featuring elk, reindeer, salmon, chili, etc. Not sure they're doing that anymore. This may have been replaced by something a bit smaller just for lunch.

In Alaska when cruising either Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm, they used to have an Alaskan BBQ featuring elk, reindeer, salmon, chili, etc. Not sure they're doing that anymore. This may have been replaced by something a bit smaller just for lunch.

I think they still do this but it was for lunch when I was on the ship.

So, the answer to the OP is that they do it on cold weather cruises :)

Archived