Where do you have breakfast?

jazzsea

Where do you have your breakfast when you cruise?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you have your breakfast when you cruise?

• In the main dining room
    • In the Lido Restaurant
    • Pinnacle. I/We cruise in a suite.
    • Neptune Lounge
    • Room service. Breakfast in bed
    • Room service on our verandah
    • Don't eat breakfast

I'm not an early riser, not at all sociable first thing in the am, and can't walk out the door without being properly showered and dressed so I couldn't imagine anything worse than having to go up to the Lido first thing in the am for a cuppa...

However, being awakened by a steward bringing in pots of hot tea and coffee, fresh fruit and croissants - how civilized! Much more satisfying than a wake-up call... I truly enjoyed sitting in my robe on the verandah having my nibblies and perusing the daily program.

Did wander down to the dining room for eggs benedict late one morning - which was a nice thing to do on a lazy at-sea day. Who knows how it'll work out in Alaska, but it definately won't be the Lido.

We use the daily routine of going up to the Lido to stretch our legs a little and get a little interaction with some of our favorite servers. Eating in the Lido also gives us the option of sampling a wider variety of offerings in quantities that match our whims each day.

It all depends upon what's happening, that day. Sea days, in the dining room, (with fresh squeezed OJ that we bring with us from the Lido), early shore excursions, room service, later shore excursions, in the Lido.

With an inside cabin, we like to be out as much as possible. We like to get breakfast in the Lido and eat outside. If it is a sea day we might eat in the dining room. Only do room service on the last day when things can be chaotic.

Of course, if my teacher salary would ever get an increase to the point I could afford a verandah, you bet I'd be eating there each morning! :D Or if I could take a cruise in non-peak times when cabins are priced much more reasonably, that would be an option... but the school I teach at only seems to have breaks when cruise prices are high. :(

We love to eat in the dining room on days at sea. It is lovely to be waited on and a very genteel way to start the day.

When are in port and need to get a hurry on we have breakfast in our room. This year we have a balcony so if there are some sunny days we will definitely be eating outside.

Jennie

We like the Lido, except we do room service for early excursions. We are late risers, so are usually in the last group to go thru the Lido line! Like the extended hours of the Lido.

Penny :)

:)

We usually had breakfast in the Neptune Lounge or the Pinnacle/Queen's Room/King's Room.

But on our last cruise on the Maasdam in May we were told that the Pinnacle/Queen's/King's would no longer be available to suite passengers.

So I guess we will either have breakfast in the Neptune Lounge or the main dining room.

What exactly is the Low Down about Suite Passenger not being able to eat in the Pinnacle/Queen's Room for Breakfest and Lunch? We were looking forward to being able to do this for Lunch and Breakfest on our upcoming Ryndam cruise. Have they totally taken this away?

On Maasdam, no breakfast lunch in Queen's Room or Pinnacle. Can't say for sure about the other ships. We always have room service breakfast anyway. The few times we did the King's or Queen's Room/Pinnacle, we did not enjoy it much.

On Maasdam, no breakfast lunch in Queen's Room or Pinnacle. Can't say for sure about the other ships. We always have room service breakfast anyway. The few times we did the King's or Queen's Room/Pinnacle, we did not enjoy it much.

That is too bad the stopped it before we even had a chance to try it:(

Not sure we would have done it that much, we do like lunch and breakfest in the Main Dining Room and occasionally Room Service Breakfest.

We always went to the buffet on our first cruise as we had shore excursions booked that usually left early, and we liked being able to pick from the fresh fruits, cereals, breads, meats, etc., ourselves as well as to save time by serving ourselves.

slinkie

I guess HAL figures that the 2 Indonesians who worked in the Queen's Room / King's Room for breakfast and lunch is another way of cutting back. I figure that since HAL has 13 (soon to be down to 12) ships, that is 26 workers that can be cut.

I am still trying to figure out what the Europeans do most of the day since the Pinnacle Grill is open only for dinner. One is assigned to work the Neptune Lounge and they rotate that among them. On our recent Maasdam cruise there were 2 women and 4 men working the Pinnacle Grill which means that they work 1 our of every 6 days in the Neptune Lounge. They report to the Pinnacle to set tables and get ready for diners who start arriving at 6. They are cleaned up by midnight. So what do they do after a good nights sleep? A lot of un-accounted hours for them compared to the other crew members.

Our one DR breakfast experience was so bad on the Ryndam that we ate in the Lido the next six mornings. I was very impressed with HAL's lido restaurant.

However, I'm sure we'll give the DR breakfast a shot on our October cruise since it's 15 nights and my husband likes Eggs Benedict. Hope it's a better experience.

I always have breakfast in the dining room.Being as I live alone,it is great to be waited on and talked to and have as many cups of coffee as I want without having to get up and fetch them myself!I love being looked after by the staff who always go out of their way for me(especially during the earlier cruises on the RotterdamVI)

As for the eggs benedict?What can I say? Except that I would never go to all that trouble for one person,at home......so it's a luxury for me......and that is what cruising is all about IMHO!

Terri;)

On shore days we are up and dressed early and then have breakfast on Lido.

On sea days I will get up and make a couple plates at the Lido buffett and bring them back to the cabin and either eat on the verandah or in the cabin.

GF and I never get to eat breakfast together and usually breakfast is a bagel and coffee, so to relax and enjoy a big breakfast is a treat.

DW has a lite breakfast in the stateroom, not on the balcony as her tea gets cold. I have half a grapefruit and lox sandwich on dry toast in the Lido. Before noon I try to cut down on carbs and fats but do not worry about sodium.

I am definitly not a morning person. Chimera is and enjoys his breakfast much more than I do. When we are at sea, we order a room service breakfast and have it on our verandah. Chimera likes the perk of being able to order from the dining room menu. When we are in port, we enjoyed eating in the King's Room. If that option has been eliminated, Chimera will probably opt for the Lido which he enjoy's very much. He always made the "sacrifice" to eat breakfast with me.

Linda

We usually have coffee, pastries and fruit delivered early. DH doesn't care for the humidity on the balcony, so we dine inside. This is usually followed by a nap (the duvets are so inviting) and the real breakfast on the Lido. HAL offers a wonderful assortment of entrees and Hunky Dory makes our day!

We always have room service early for coffee and then generally like to eat in the Lido. Every so often we do eat in the dining room in order to have Eggs Benedict or fresh blueberry pancakes.

Archived