Where do you have breakfast?

jazzsea

Where do you have your breakfast when you cruise?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you have your breakfast when you cruise?

• In the main dining room
    • In the Lido Restaurant
    • Pinnacle. I/We cruise in a suite.
    • Neptune Lounge
    • Room service. Breakfast in bed
    • Room service on our verandah
    • Don't eat breakfast

It just depends what we feel like doing on any particular morning. Some mornings, especially if the weather is perfect and/or it is a port day, we will have room service on the verandah. We like to eat on the verandah and watch the activity on the dock. Other mornings I will go to the Neptune and bring back a latte for myself and juice/small Danish for DH. Then we will go up to the Lido later in the morning for 'brunch', especially if it is a sea day. So I voted all our favorite options. :)

(I don't believe they are doing breakfast in the Pinnacle for suite pax any longer.)

Every morning on the Oosterdam we enjoyed continental breakfast in the Lido. I love their muffins--both blueberry & bran. After the 1st day they also started putting muesli on the continental food line--yum! And fresh sqeezed oj. Wish I could start everyday that way. Shari

It depends. On several Western Caribbean cruises we have been disappointed by winds and rough water and did not get to eat breakfast on the balcony. Many times we cannot eat outside because the wind is so cool in the Winter months. If we are in port we like to go early to the dining room or order room service. We almost never eat in the Lido for breakfast.

:)

We usually had breakfast in the Neptune Lounge or the Pinnacle/Queen's Room/King's Room.

But on our last cruise on the Maasdam in May we were told that the Pinnacle/Queen's/King's would no longer be available to suite passengers.

So I guess we will either have breakfast in the Neptune Lounge or the main dining room.

Once in a while we eat on our verandah and a couple of times in the Lido.

:)

We always eat in the Lido buffet for breakfast. It's just so much more easier and quicker for us. We have our morning ritual, I get up early, shave, dress and go upstairs for coffee, leaving her the room and bath to herself.. She joins me and we eat, return to our room, gather our stuff and leave for most of the day.. Works for us.. Bombero

On our last cruise (not HAL) I didn't like the lines and crowds in the Lido. I didn't enjoy having to get the food, get the drinks, look for a table, etc. I found it much more relaxing to go to the DR, which I thought had better food and be waited on. So I voted for the DR.

I've yet to have a balcony, but will have one in March. For that cruise I'm looking forward to sitting outside and having a light breakfast and some coffee.

It depends upon what's going on. Sea days I usually like breakfast in the main dining room or in the lido. On port days when we get off the ship early (i.e., before 10 am) I usually prefer to order room service.

We always have room service for b`fast. I am one of those people who cannot function if I don`t have my coffee as soon as I get up. We usually just have coffee, juice and pastries, then maybe stroll up to the lido around 10 and have more coffee and fresh sqeezed OJ......jean :cool:

Judy-

I am not sure about that. I frankly have never requested that for breakfast, maybe I shall try on our 12/2 Rotterdam cruise. Gosh knows we have ordered things not on the standard breakfast menu and the staff has always worked hard to fulfill our requests!!!:cool:

I tend to go to the Lido for breakfast, mainly because it's the most flexible option in terms of timing, but also because I like the variety offered.

On my last cruise, I had breakfast in the DR twice, so that I could have Eggs Benedict.

A lot of it depends on if it's a sea or port day, and what activities I have planned.

I've never done room service, so I'm going to try that on my next cruise in December. I tend to travel by myself, so eating in the Lido or DR gives me the chance to eat with other people and meet some new faces.

Roz

I have asked for and received fresh squeezed OJ from room service. Just write "fresh squeezed" next to the Orange Juice line.

I also like peanut butter and grape jelly.... ( I know, I know). I request grape jelly and peanut butter with my English muffin. I have to write it in, also.

Even though there are only two of us in the cabin we request coffe for four. Neither of us can function without our coffe blast.

On sea days, weather permitting we will walk a mile outside. If it is nasty outside we walk a mile in the health club.

When we are cruising in the Caribbean, we always have breakfast on our veranda....except when we were in the Penthouse and then we loved eating at the beautiful dining room table.

We have our tray delivered but must admit we also make a trip to Neptune Lounge to add a few goodies to what we had delivered.

Have tried the dining room for breakfast, but generally prefer the Lido so we have more control over the amount of time the meal takes. We DO like the omelet station in the Lido. Have never tried room service because we don't ever know the night before what we'll feel like eating in the a.m. and when we might want it. (Like to be flexible :) )

For the first time since Statendam years ago we will have a balcony on the Westerdam Dec. 12th so might try breakfast on the balcony to start off one of our port days.

We have only had inside cabin before.This will be our first veranda. (Not a suite.) Does B (Barely Balcony?) class have the option of full breakfast from room service served on the veranda?
I believe everyone has the option of full breakfast from room service.

DW enjoys having breakfast by room service. If it is comfortable outside, then on the verandah, we eat it there. If not, then off the table in the room. We only wish that HAL had muesli on the room service menu and larger carafes of coffee!

Hi:) 95% of the time I eat breakfast in the dining room. The other 5% would be Lido.

May I ask about the Neptune Lounge? Is this an area on HAL ships designated "Only for SUITE Passengers"? Would I be allowed to at least take a peek and see what it looks like?

Roboat, the b`fast menu card that you hang on your door at night has a pretty comprehensive selection. You can get eggs, any style, omelets, bacon, sausage, ham etc along with a variety of cereals, yoghurt, breads, bagels, sweet rolls, juices, hot drinks etc. etc. You won`t go hungry, thats for sure!!...jean :cool:

Archived