Live from Millie 6/30-7/12- Damage

berryhappy24

Guest psuflita

Jordie, I would definately go for it! I will be on the Millie a few weeks behind you.

Just pack a flashlight and as of the news today, some Woolite :) . . . and keep this link (initaly.com) in a worse case scenario that you need to handle your own ground portion.

Bon voyage - I hope you will have smooth sailing (couldn't resist), but do know you've got all sorts of new friends to provide suggestions and assistance if things don't go your way.

I did notice the cruise stops in Monte Carlo (as opposed to Villefranche) - has that always been the case?

I am almost sure this itinerary was changed way back in 2006 to dock in Cannes rather than Villefranche due to port congestion.

stuart,

Our 6/18/07 cruise had us anchoring a bay in front of Villefranche. From what I recall researching for the Millennium Med cruises in 2006 and 2007 is that she had gone to Villefranche.

We're on the Jewel of the Seas in the Baltic, and I just got a text from friends who are on the Millie. They tell us that the cruise is over, the ship is going into dock for repairs and as of now they don't know how they are getting to Venice for the flight home..

That was less than an hour ago (1800 CET)

Guest psuflita
We're on the Jewel of the Seas in the Baltic, and I just got a text from friends who are on the Millie. They tell us that the cruise is over, the ship is going into dock for repairs and as of now they don't know how they are getting to Venice for the flight home..

That was less than an hour ago (1800 CET)

Well, that might be good news for the folks headed on the next cruise. Perhaps they will dry dock to fix now so that they can make the next schedule.

Its a lovely train ride from Rome to Venice - super fast, efficient, affordable.

Come on Bella, Don't fail me now! I think they realize that they cannot salvage much more on this sailing and are cutting their losses...obviously they are not going to sail tonight at 7. It's possible that they are weighing the odds and if there is any chance of us sailing on the 12th, they need to fix the ship because the way they are going about it now:confused: IS JUST NOT WORKING

Bella ~ will it help knowing that you'll be in Italy and they have LOTS of wonderful wine. I doubt that they will run out of it....

Haven't heard anything official about Millennium yet. I'm sure we'll hear from Berryhappy ... they've been giving us great updates.

Hang in there!

I am looking at this as a good thing...I am putting my faith in commerce and greed...they don't want to cancel 2 sailings right? They are taking it seriously now...THEY ARE GOING TO FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

So is the ship going into drydock? How long does that take? There isn't enough xanax in the world for this....

If this is true, it depends on where the dry dock is. At least in dry dock they can do all the work, without the need for further repairs in Venice.

The July 12 sailing is still open for bookings. Also, as RCI is a stocklisted company, the moment they know the next sailing is cancelled, by law, they are required to inform their investors (press release!), since it impacts profitability significantly (3 to 5 cents per share).

Best Regards,

Floris

Jordie ~ thanks, to you for your upbeat attitude in a difficult situation. Let's pick a time on July 12 when all of you in Venice and all of us here back on the boards raise a toast to all of you, wishing you a wonderful trip!

Crossing my fingers and toes!! I am so hoping they can fix this before the next sailing! I'm not even scheduled for the crusie but I will happily have a drink here in NJ for all of you who WILL be drinking on deck 10 on the 12th!!!

If the ship is going into drydock for the remaining repairs there's just no way it will be out and have time to sail all the way up to Venice for the next cruise. We're scheduled to be aboard on the 12th and that just doesn't seem to be feasible. I just hope they make that conclusion known to us as soon as possible to avert people leaving in the next day or so for a non-cruise! Please keep us posted out there on the Millie...we're depending on you to get the news to us before Celebrity will tell us!

Hi Everyone !

I am just catching up on all of the posts today. I wanted to offer my best wishes to those onboard, and the next group of passengers. To those booked on the next sailing, I truly hope that it will proceed as scheduled.

I wish the very best of luck to everyone involved. Hopefully, we will hear more news from the current passengers and/or Celebrity very soon !

I still want to be positive! Someone tell me how they can disembark the passengers now and get fixed in dry dock and get to venice on thursday...TELL ME HOW! TELL ME HOW! Monday...disembark..tuesday...drydock...wednesday into thursday...travel to venice...thursday/friday..board the new passengers...MAYBE?

Perhaps they just need to get it out of the water to repair that prop. It can't be too big a deal if they thought they could have it done by now. It maybe just too tough for underwater. So they put it in drydock, quickly fix it, and off you go! Positive enough?

As someone earlier calculated, it would be about 38 hours at full speed to get to Venice. If they can get the ship into drydock immediatley...I assume that Civitavecchia has one...and they don't discover any new problems, I think they could get it to Venice in time since it realy doesn't leave from Venice until the 13th.

Regards

That's what I keep thinking...that ultimately they don't need a long time to fix this, and to cancel the next sailing means a lot of days the ship will be left to do nothing...also, not to pooh-pooh this info but it is from a text from someone on another ship...i realize our friends aboard might be eating now, but wouldn't SOMEONE have told us that BIG development by now? and what happenned to the "every 2 hr"updates from celebrity? Are they really not giving info to the passengers, to people who call for info, to the hosts here who seem to be really trying to get us answers?????????? GIVE US SOME FACTS!!!!!

I'm on the August 5th sailing and watching this thread with nervousness...I can't even imagine being ready to fly out and reading all of this!

Jordie, I love your dog pic..... German pointer?

Fingers crossed for all of you!

That's what I keep thinking...that ultimately they don't need a long time to fix this, and to cancel the next sailing means a lot of days the ship will be left to do nothing...also, not to pooh-pooh this info but it is from a text from someone on another ship...i realize our friends aboard might be eating now, but wouldn't SOMEONE have told us that BIG development by now? and what happenned to the "every 2 hr"updates from celebrity? Are they really not giving info to the passengers, to people who call for info, to the hosts here who seem to be really trying to get us answers?????????? GIVE US SOME FACTS!!!!!

Hi jordie, I don't think Celebrity is thinking about this board....

(though I could be wrong of course).

I emailed one of the hosts about explanations from Celebrity

that possibly had not been given out yet.....from what I have

been told the moderators are just as much in the dark as

the upcoming passengers.

Wishing you and everyone else all the best.

Jordie and all ~ maybe there hasn't been any official news yet....I was watching the Sea Princess web cam and Millie was still in port but I just checked again and the Sea Princess has departed and now only shows an at sea photo. How could they leave us???? I'm guessing that decisions to be made involve a lot of people and considerations. Let's hope for all of you we hear something soon. On the positive side for me, I'd love to spend some extra time in Venice. Perhaps if there are any additional delays they are only a couple of days, you'll get to enjoy some extra time in Venice and then get to enjoy the rest of the cruise....I'm hoping.....

I bet we hear something soon from those onboard.

In fairness, I think it is presumptious to expect passengers to constantly be posting here with updates. After all they are still trying to enjoy what's left of this debacle. Easy for me to say, as I am not on the upcoming cruise, but I think those that have posted have been very accommodating to the board. The onus is on Celebrity to keep the information flowing to the July 12th group. If passengers on board can get the information out, so, I think, could Celebrity.

Regards

Archived