Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

DKD. - I just love all the "new" stages of this puppy walking for the pups, everything is exciting and new for them - I imagine Sutter IS having great fun. Gosh you reminded me of my late Mum when you wrote Sutter "is in his glory", that was a phrase I haven't heard for a while! :) But it's a great phrase, isn't it?

Anyways keep safe, I've just seen the news reports - my dawgness! And please don't send it our way! ;)

We've only recently started naming storms in the UK, people can choose the names, I've no idea how or why but that's something I think has come from the U.S.

Wanted to ask, anyone live near Miami or Port Canavaral? Passing through (on a cruise ship of course!) this year and just thought it might be fun to meet up.

I wish......I live on the whole other coast. I'd love to meet-up! L.A. doesn't have a whole lot of cruising venue's.

Just noticed my ticker, 8 days!! :eek::eek::eek: Holy crap!!! Let the panic set in. Of course I've done nothing. lol Got my hair done, thats it. I've made alot of appointments for next week but thats about it.

We have this thing here called "the ride" it's for handicapped persons. Its a nice van that will take you just about anywhere, $4.00 a trip. And I'm free because I'm Johns PCA. Well this year our flight is early and the ride doesn't start til 6am. Of course we had to scramble around to try to find alternate plans. Found a hp van to take us but now it's going to cost $50.00 ugh!!!!! Better than asking our bro in law to take us at 4:45am. :D

I do have a goal for this trip, 1 suitcase and 1 carryon. Don't know if it can be done but I'm really going to try. I have no help for this trip as you know, because I've whined about it. If we have to pay for laundry on the ship, thats what we will do. Maybe the kids can go next year. I realize they have a wedding to plan for right now.

Here's a picture of the "save the date" cards John did for the wedding.

John went for a fitting yesterday for the new van that we have been trying to get since October 2014. It did not go well. Right now he has a lift on his van and the new one has a ramp. He just doesn't have enough strength to make it up the ramp. They've put a pulley system on it but it's a real pain for him to do. The six-way power seat is so big and bulky now that it takes up half the van. There's not enough room for his feet to swivel around. So much crap on this seat that his knees are almost up to his chest. He can't even use the shifter. You need to put on the brake to shift. Well when you use hand controls, you need a hand to push the brake and the have to press a button and shift with the other hand. He doesnt have enough strength for that. OMG! It was horrible. Some of the stuff they solved and some they didn't. Its really been stressful on both of us. Hopefully we can forget about it for now and enjoy our cruise. I hate when things happen right before you go away. So glad we can get away from it all.

Cindy

Cindy, that's what cruising is all about.......FORGET ABOUT IT!!! Nothing gets in the way of that "brain freeze!" Nothing! This means there are no yesterdays, only tomorrow's! You'll have lots of time for worry when you get home!

The Hold The Date is adorable. They're such a cute couple! How lucky that they found each other! Congratulations Cindy and John!

If you roll-up your clothes and put a piece of tissue between each piece they'll be perfect and you won't have to bring too much luggage. Bring all the stuff that you can either hand wash or throw away! :rolleyes:

Oh not at all. I would not want anyone to feel that way. Having a service dog is fairly new to me, and in November it would be our first cruise. So if they said I needed to stand on my head and spit out wooden nickels I would probably try, of course that would probably land me in the hospital.

Anyhow, I am so very nervous doing this cruise that I am sure I am overprepared with Duncan. Just reading this blog I see the love you have for your dogs and would always protect them at all costs.

Duncan & his mom

Hoover, I promise you, if someone tried to get Wexy away from Cindy she'd protect him with her life and they'd be might sorry they tried!! ;)

So what do you do when it's snowing and your wife and best friend (choc lab Lucy) are at the beach for the month? You cook up a big pot of seafood chowder with clams, cod, shrimp and oysters and you call the neighbors across the cul-de-sac and say "hey - what are you doing for dinner?".

works every time:D

Can Horton and I come over and watch......I don't eat anything that comes from under the sea.....for that matter, on top of or near it either!!!!!:o But, I must say, it does sound good!!!!

I'm doing last minute packing, as I leave tomorrow for Port Canaveral and the Disney Dream!

I'll miss not having Jagger, but we are doing better. I was going to stay at a hotel at the port tonight but it's just too darned cold. Walking on the beach would not be fun. Might as well save the money and maybe do something special on board.

I am so ready for this!

Hope everyone is safe and warm. See you when I get back.

Holly

Holly have an amazing, wonderful, joyful and safe cruise.

Jagger will one day join you and cruising will never be the same.

Walt, I think I'm fixed!!!! Thank you! :)

Say, Roz, remember you're posting this on a dog thread. This could be misunderstood by some. :o

Seriously, I'm glad the problem has been corrected.

I'm doing last minute packing, as I leave tomorrow for Port Canaveral and the Disney Dream!

I'll miss not having Jagger, but we are doing better. I was going to stay at a hotel at the port tonight but it's just too darned cold. Walking on the beach would not be fun. Might as well save the money and maybe do something special on board.

I am so ready for this!

Holly

Have a fabulous time Holly!

Dianne

I am so ready for this!

Holly

Watching your sailaway right now!!

Ok here's our bulkhead seat story. We always fly Jetblue and get the bulkhead seats. You can't even pick them as your seat cuz jetblue reserves them for handicapped and elderly and the people that lie to get more room. This time we are flying American. Our flight was originally 6:40am (don't know what idiot booked that). Then it changed to 6:20. Now Saturday they call to ask what John will need to board and a few questions about the dog. Then I ask for the bulkhead seats. Oh no she tells me, those are an exit row, he can't sit there. Ugh. So John gets on the phone and asks for a supervisor. He calls us a while later and yadda yadda yadda, we are now leaving at 5am!! But we got the bulkhead seats. 😨