Which beach other than Magen's in St Thomas

I've already been to Magen's and am not sure whether I'm going over to Trunk Bay in St. John's or not. What would you say is the next best, quiet, beautiful beach in St. Thomas?????????????

Hi fellow Towel Clipper. Sapphire is very pretty. It's a smaller beach than Magen's Bay but beautiful. There are trees for shade. Trunk Bay is amazing so if you have never been there, I would definitely go. They have an underwater snorkeling trail, clean bathrooms, a picnic area, refreshments and equipment rentals.See ya Friday!!

We've been to Morningstar Beach, which was very close to the ship. You can take a taxi at the pier and it's only about a 5 minute ride. There's a snack bar and it's not too crowded. Taxis are plentiful for your return trip to the ship, as well. :)

Hi fellow Towel Clippers Kathy and Celebrity...decisions, decisions...one beach vs another...hmmmmm...might have to decide the morning I wake up (better be time for shopping!!!!) See you on the Explorer Friday!!

We enjoyed Sapphire Beach in March. Here are a few pictures. It was a $10 taxi ride per person.

What's the hotel that's on that beach? I think that's where we stayed one time. Shortly after Weekend At Bearnies came out, ( think 2) and we noticed that the conga scene was filmed on that beach. It was pretty neet! That was a very nice beach!

There's nothing like the ST. John beaches! They are absolutely gorgeous! The water is so warm and so clear, that it's hard to tell that you're IN the water! It's a most unusual sensation! The downside is the time it takes to get there. You need to take a ferry, and then road transportation to the beaches. We did it on an RCI excursion, since it was later in the day. Seemed the easiest way to go--with no thought or effort on our part. It can be done on your own, but it takes some planning.

I've already been to Magen's and am not sure whether I'm going over to Trunk Bay in St. John's or not. What would you say is the next best, quiet, beautiful beach in St. Thomas?????????????

Here is a vote for Shappire!

We've been to Morningstar Beach, which was very close to the ship. You can take a taxi at the pier and it's only about a 5 minute ride. There's a snack bar and it's not too crowded. Taxis are plentiful for your return trip to the ship, as well. :)

There is also a water taxi that runs from Frenchman's Reef to town. Morningstar is part of Frenchman's Reef.

The hotel is the Sapphire Beach Resort

That picture is actually of Crystal Cove Condominiums. The Sapphire Beach Resort is on the other side...I have stayed in both many, many times. Obviously my vote is for Sapphire Beach. Also Secret Harbour is a beautiful beach as well.

Here is a vote for Coki Beach, it is a smallish local beach, but the water is much clearer than Megan's, no fee to get in, $10 for snorkel equipment and fish food. We had a blast there and got to interact with the locals. We didnt want to leave we had so much fun.

Its known for having clear water. The fish will swarm you if you feed them. My friend clutched food to her and the fish practically took of her swim suit top. :)

The last time we were in St. Thomas we went to Coki Beach and were very pleased. In the past we have gone to St. John's and enjoyed that island. Cinnamon Bay is on St. John's and has become very popular since a nominal admission fee was required for admission to Trunk Bay. It is just past Trunk Bay. Any and all of the beaches in St. Thomas and St. John's should meet your requirements and provide you with a wonderful beach experience.

Don't be put off about comments relative to difficulty getting from the ship pier to St. John's. It is not complicated and involves a taxi or safari truck to Red Hook, a ferry to St. John's and a cab from there to the beach. When you are ready to return, just do the same things in reverse. Cabs are readily available and the ferry schedule is frequent enough to allow you to spend some time at the beach and still return to St. Thomas to shop or whatever before you reboard the ship.:)

There is also a water taxi that runs from Frenchman's Reef to town. Morningstar is part of Frenchman's Reef.

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THAT!! You see....I said a few posts back that I'm learning new things all the time, and here's an example!!! We've also been to Megan's Bay but we really like the fact that Morningstar is such a short hop away! Well, we will be taking the water taxi in December then!!! Do they run back and forth often? Thanx again! :)

One of the lovliest beaches we've been to is Secret Harbor on St. Thomas. Taxi is about the same as to Sapphire. It is at the Secret Harbor hotel. Pretty good snorkeling and a beach with palms for shade. The water was so clear I just sat on a rock and watched the fish. One caveat: very little wave action. Also, we found the ship's tour to Trunk Bay was a bargain price, very little more than doing the taxi, ferry, taxi thing on your own. And the big plus was that the ferry to St. John was right there at the dock when getting off the ship. No driving across the island to get the Red Hook. We will be doing that excursion again in the future.

Archived