Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

In that area I was never much bothered by noise, even when the party was "hopping" in the crows nest. Of course ... I was AT the party, so that might be part of the reason why it didn't bother me!! :D

Remember, too, that the Crow's Nest isn't likely to be the hotbed of nightlife on the E-dam that it is on the R-class ships. ;)

The E-dam, like the Vista's will have the nightclub in Northern Lights (or it's equivalent if they change the name :confused: ).

There may be some entertainment there at night, but I suspect it will be low-key as opposed to "hopping".

Remember, too, that the Crow's Nest isn't likely to be the hotbed of nightlife on the E-dam that it is on the R-class ships. ;)

The E-dam, like the Vista's will have the nightclub in Northern Lights (or it's equivalent if they change the name :confused: ).

There may be some entertainment there at night, but I suspect it will be low-key as opposed to "hopping".

True ... very true. Though ... well ... given the number of passengers aboard the Eurodam it may be necessary for them to have more than just two evening dance venues of considerable size and action.

I don't understand if they are just floor to ceiling windows or true verandah cabins... :confused: The cost is that of verandah, so one would think...

The "T's" are less than the Verandahs. They are being priced as "Outsides" (the highest priced outside cabins).

They oughta change that plan again - It still shows a staircase in the middle-right of the Crows Nest/Explorations Cafe that goes nowhere...

(if it was a Vista, it would go down to the spa)

LOL ... you're right.

At first I thought you were talking about the staff stairs in the middle.

Yes .... they need to fix that. As it is, they go down into SZ10005. :)

On a Vista they DO go down into an alcove just off the starboard side walk-way, outside the gym, leading to the forward observation area on the Lido deck.

• 3 weeks later...

Some pics taken by Eurodam's Chief Officer Andre van Schoonhoven on the progress of the Lido deck mid-ship pool, the aft pool and Lido bar (midships). They are to be named Lido pool, Seaview Pool and Lido Bar respectively.

lidopoolwater.jpg

Lido Pool

They oughta change that plan again - It still shows a staircase in the middle-right of the Crows Nest/Explorations Cafe that goes nowhere...

(if it was a Vista, it would go down to the spa)

Hi Brian,

Have you ever heard the silly passenger ask, "Do these stairs go up or down?" ????????????????:rolleyes:

The small stairs in the Explorations actually go 'UP"!!!! They take you up to Deck 12. As far as I know it is there for safety reasons rather than for constant use between the internet cafe and the open deck above.

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever heard the silly passenger ask, "Do these stairs go up or down?" ????????????????:rolleyes:

The small stairs in the Explorations actually go 'UP"!!!! They take you up to Deck 12. As far as I know it is there for safety reasons rather than for constant use between the internet cafe and the open deck above.

O Captain my Captain! Thanks! Looking at the Eurodam deckplans ... hmmm ... interesting that on the Vistas those stairs go DOWN, but on the Signature ship they go up. So ... there's an access hatch, or some-such, up on what should be the Sky deck? That deck won't be opened for passengers to sun themselves, etc., will it?

Hi Brian,

Stephen

No Kidding!

That's a surprise - Thanks for the update!

:)

O Captain my Captain! Thanks! Looking at the Eurodam deckplans ... hmmm ... interesting that on the Vistas those stairs go DOWN, but on the Signature ship they go up. So ... there's an access hatch, or some-such, up on what should be the Sky deck? That deck won't be opened for passengers to sun themselves, etc., will it?

Hallo Father Gregory!

These stairs are actually an escape exit from Crow's Nest... not sure if they will be in 'general use'. But the deck above will certainly be open for sun worshipers etc... just as on the other ships. The main access will be by stairs at the after end of the block. I just hope we don't get pa xin swimming grear prading through the Crow's Nest and Explorations. :mad:

Hope you are well and enjoying life.

Stephen

Capt. Card; did you finish your paintings for Eurodam?? Since there has been no previous Eurodam, what ships did you pick? Are you taking the inaugural?

John,

You are asking me to disclose top secret information!!!!

OK.... here you are....

1. BLIJDENDYK heading up towards Maas Pilot c. 1952

2. RIJNDAM outbound past Pencarrow Heads, Wellington in 1966

3. ROTTERDAM and GRIPSHOLM at anchor Bermuda 1938

4. STATENDAM maiden arrival New York 1957

5. ZAANDYK off Wolf Rock Lighthouse c. 1909

6. EURODAM approaching de Wilhelminakade... not 2008!

7. tableaux Henry Hudson's HALVE MAEN

8. 4 pen & ink sketches misc ships

Not finished yet, some of the pieces are still in progress... about another 2 .... 2 1/2 months to do.

I'm afraid that I won't make it over for the EURODAM inaugural.

Stephen

John,

You are asking me to disclose top secret information!!!!

OK.... here you are....

1. BLIJDENDYK heading up towards Maas Pilot c. 1952

2. RIJNDAM outbound past Pencarrow Heads, Wellington in 1966

3. ROTTERDAM and GRIPSHOLM at anchor Bermuda 1938

4. STATENDAM maiden arrival New York 1957

5. ZAANDYK off Wolf Rock Lighthouse c. 1909

6. EURODAM approaching de Wilhelminakade... not 2008!

7. tableaux Henry Hudson's HALVE MAEN

8. 4 pen & ink sketches misc ships

Not finished yet, some of the pieces are still in progress... about another 2 .... 2 1/2 months to do.

I'm afraid that I won't make it over for the EURODAM inaugural.

Stephen

Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing them; great variety! First time you did two of HAL's "dyk" freighters as primary, no? Did you happen to get Rotterdam's Euromast in the Eurodam and Wilhelminakade painting?

Too bad, you can't make the inaugural trip yourself!

Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing them; great variety! First time you did two of HAL's "dyk" freighters as primary, no? Did you happen to get Rotterdam's Euromast in the Eurodam and Wilhelminakade painting?

Too bad, you can't make the inaugural trip yourself!

Euromast and half the SPIDO fleet! :rolleyes:

Still working on this one.

Would be fun to make the inaugural with you guys but between now and then I have a quickie on AMSTERDAM for 8 days then 55 days in SAGA ROSE... and in July QM2 and QV... followed by a month in SAGA RUBY. Not enough time I'm afraid.

But of course, you never know what might happen at the last minute. :cool:

Stephen

Hallo Father Gregory!

These stairs are actually an escape exit from Crow's Nest... not sure if they will be in 'general use'. But the deck above will certainly be open for sun worshipers etc... just as on the other ships. The main access will be by stairs at the after end of the block. I just hope we don't get pa xin swimming grear prading through the Crow's Nest and Explorations. :mad:

Hope you are well and enjoying life.

Thank you, Captain! I'm doing very well, indeed. And, thanks for the data on the Sky Deck (or whatever they're going to call it on the Eurodam). The reason why I ask is because it's not currently reflecting in the deck plans.

Would be fun to make the inaugural with you guys but between now and then I have a quickie on AMSTERDAM for 8 days then 55 days in SAGA ROSE... and in July QM2 and QV... followed by a month in SAGA RUBY. Not enough time I'm afraid.

But of course, you never know what might happen at the last minute. :cool:

I was hoping you would be aboard the Eurodam for the inaugural cruise! When in July and where will you be heading on the QM2 and QV?

Hey Brian, the Euromast has a restaurant on top - excellent place to eat with a view. Spido offers harbor excursions and day trips down the Maas River to the Delta works at the mouth of the North Sea. http://www.spido.nl/default-site2.aspx?TaalID=2&MenuID=9&ID=9

Also that Chinese-looking boat in the background of your pic is a floating hotel/restaurant called the New Ocean Paradise hotel.

Hey Brian, the Euromast has a restaurant on top - excellent place to eat with a view. Spido offers harbor excursions and day trips down the Maas River to the Delta works at the mouth of the North Sea. http://www.spido.nl/default-site2.aspx?TaalID=2&MenuID=9&ID=9

Also that Chinese-looking boat in the background of your pic is a floating hotel/restaurant called the New Ocean Paradise hotel.

Those places look visit-worthy...

;)

Archived