Eurodam is taking shape

Copper10-8

You know what is even better???????????????????

The Euromast nowadays has 2 bedrooms on the top!!!

You will never get a view like that. Not cheap, but very special.

http://www.euromast.nl/english/html/4-0.html

Goeie avond Ine:) I'll get you an e-mail response to your questions today! Been kinda busy at work/new assignment for six months

So spending the night up there would qualify for the 1/2 mile high club:eek:

I was hoping you would be aboard the Eurodam for the inaugural cruise! When in July and where will you be heading on the QM2 and QV?

Greg....

QUEEN MARY 2

NY to Southampton Dep 8 July Arr 14 July

QUEEN VICTORIA

Baltic cruise Dep 18 July Arr 1 August.

Southampton, Zeebrugge, Gdansk, Tallinn, St Petersburg, Helsinki

Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Southampton

QUEEN MARY 2

Southampton to NY Dep 1 August Arr 7 August

But the best is in September...

SAGA RUBY

Dep 15 Sept Arr 17 October

Southampton, Qaqortog (Greenland), Montreal, Quebec, Sydney NS,

New York, Newport, Boston, Portland, Bar Harbour, Halifax, Bay d'Espoir,

St Johns Ponta Delgada, Southampton.

FIFTEEN GLORIOUS (NORTH ATLANTIC) SEA DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen

...and it's not Dutch Swimwear.

;)

Brian,

You thought I misspelt SPEEDO? :D

BTW..... I hope any of you that are heading to Rotterdam to join Eurodam will fly over at least two or three days before the start of the cruise and take the time to enjoy the city and port of Rotterdam before sail. Rotterdam is the best port of your whole cruise!

If you want to 'live' a bit of HAL history... stay at the Hotel New York. Great play to stay. Funky rooms and a great bar/restaurant. Good barber shop in the basement too! Right next to the cruise terminal. Also visit the Prins Hendrik Maritime Museum. So many places to visit.... Delft, Kinderdijk........

If you guys got together you could even charter a minibus and get John to take you around. Please make the most of it!

Stephen

SAGA RUBY

Fabulous itinerary! Were it not for the E-dam inaugural this girl could get very interested.

QUEEN MARY 2

NY to Southampton Dep 8 July Arr 14 July

QUEEN VICTORIA

Baltic cruise Dep 18 July Arr 1 August.

Southampton, Zeebrugge, Gdansk, Tallinn, St Petersburg, Helsinki

Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Southampton

QUEEN MARY 2

Southampton to NY Dep 1 August Arr 7 August

SAGA RUBY

Stephen

Does that mean you're going to fly East across the Atlantic?

Why???

BTW..... I hope any of you that are heading to Rotterdam to join Eurodam will fly over at least two or three days before the start of the cruise and take the time to enjoy the city and port of Rotterdam before sail. Rotterdam is the best port of your whole cruise!

If you want to 'live' a bit of HAL history... stay at the Hotel New York. Great play to stay. Funky rooms and a great bar/restaurant. Good barber shop in the basement too! Right next to the cruise terminal. Also visit the Prins Hendrik Maritime Museum. So many places to visit.... Delft, Kinderdijk........

If you guys got together you could even charter a minibus and get John to take you around. Please make the most of it!

Stephen

Yes, I think most of us are planning to arrive at least a couple days pre-christening to do some land-touring.

I only wish the hotel on Rotterdam V would be ready to receive us by then...

:(

Does that mean you're going to fly East across the Atlantic?

Why???

Damn good question Brian!

It is either east from Sydney to LA, to NY, to London :-(

or Sydney to Singapore to London :-( :-( :-(

Either way it is a long time in the 'tube'. Of course it is just possible that we will be in Bermuda so it is an 'easy' 6 hours to Gatwick.

I can't think of any ship heading over to Europe in September? QM2 does but we will be doing her in July and you sure don't expect me to sail in the 'Big Black Bus again' so soon?

Stephen

Capt., if you're passing through LAX, please advise

John....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :mad:

We passed through LA at the end of October on our way back to Sydney from VENDAM. . Spent three great days on board QUEEN MARY! We bailed out the evening of Haloween. Just as well. It looked like it was going to be a wild party down there.

Stephen

Depending on the weather we hope to drive to Rotterdam on Dec. 12.

The Queen Victoria and the QE II are expected in port.

Great opportunity for photos.

Another interesting place to visit in Rotterdam is the Maritiem Museum. They have a special "Holland-America Lijn" section.

http://www.maritiemmuseum.nl/website/

Depending on the weather we hope to drive to Rotterdam on Dec. 12.

The Queen Victoria and the QE II are expected in port.

Great opportunity for photos.

Another interesting place to visit in Rotterdam is the Maritiem Museum. They have a special "Holland-America Lijn" section.

http://www.maritiemmuseum.nl/website/

Ine,

Are both QV and QE2 berthing on de Wilhelminakade? That will be a sight to see. Still, the sight won't be half as beautiful as it was in the 1960s when ROTTERDAM and NIEUW AMSTERDAM could be seen together!

Stephen

Ine and her hubby Ton take some really great pics of cruise ships coming down the Noordzeekanaal from Amsterdam on the way to the locks of IJmuiden. They live really close to the canal. Quite a collection. If there's good pics to be had in Rotterdam on the 12th, they will get them!

Ine,

Are both QV and QE2 berthing on de Wilhelminakade? That will be a sight to see. Still, the sight won't be half as beautiful as it was in the 1960s when ROTTERDAM and NIEUW AMSTERDAM could be seen together!

Stephen

Yes they both will be there.

QE II from 8.00am till 5.00pm

Victoria from 10.00am - 600 pm.

If I understood right the ship has been dedicated the day or 2 days before in GB by Camilla.

We hope to drive to Rotterdam and make some photos. If so I will put them on-line.

Hopefully the weather will be nice. (the last few and coming days are stormy, rainy, cold,...real awful dutch weather..)

When Oosterdam was dedicated both Oosterdam and Rotterdam were there, also a great view. I remember the old days when ships were there often. After years of just "nothing" at the quay there, Rotterdam has made a start again as cruise-harbor, although Amsterdam still beats them.

(Yes John, still Amsterdam against Rotterdam, Ajax - Feyenoord etc.)

Goeie avond Ine:) I'll get you an e-mail response to your questions today! Been kinda busy at work/new assignment for six months

So spending the night up there would qualify for the 1/2 mile high club:eek:

Is it going to be a Sinterklaas rijm?

Still waiting, but no hurry.

As we both know, the North Atlantic is not always rough.

We did a Dover/NYC via Ireland, Iceland, Greenland, & Newfoundland on the late great Royal Princess (now P&O's Artemis) late Aug/early Sep 98, and it was quite smooth except for a little chop over Titanic's resting place.

We did hit a lot of fog off Newfoundland.

As mentioned before today we drove to Rotterdam to see Queen Victoria on her 1st trip and 1st official stop.

The ship looks beautiful.

It is docked at the same place where Eurodam will be on July 1st.

I have (of many we made) some photos online on:

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/Inevd/Queen%20Victoria%20in%20Rotterdam/?

At the moment the ship is still there for a short while, check the webcam on:

http://www.virtualvisit.nl/webcam/index.htm

QE II was in port too, but unfortunately at a different dock in Waalhaven. I think the quay was too small for 2 big ships, although they did it with the dedication of Oosterdam when also Rotterdam was there and both ships were docked nose to nose.

Thank you so much for these photos! The Queen Victoria is a lovely ship and I look forward to cruising aboard her someday (hopefully not too far in the distant future).

Hi there, Greg

QV is a nice ship ... I hope to step aboard soon as well!

But, you have to sail on QM2 first. She's one of a kind! ;)

Thank you so much for these photos! The Queen Victoria is a lovely ship and I look forward to cruising aboard her someday (hopefully not too far in the distant future).

I was shocked to read that - nice as QV appears to be - that she has fewer drawerspace in her verandah staterooms, metal and mesh furniture on her verandahs, and no teak on her Promenade Deck!!!

Archived