New Poll - Do ya' Muster?

ArizonaRalphie

Do you participate in muster drills?  

596 members have voted

1. 1. Do you participate in muster drills?

• I look forward to and participate in every muster drill
    • I begrudgingly participate
    • I hide in my cabin
    • I have a 4th option I'd like to share!

Yup-I muster.....gotta love those gorgeous orange outfits!!

Frankly, I wouldn't want to be scolded for missing...we all know how Titanic ends!

I always say, there are only 2 things you have to do on a cruise, Muster and get off the ship at the end...(I don't like that second one too much!)

Nope, have gone on both previous cruises and plan on going on the upcoming one. This topic was on Carnival a while back and got a little heated. Apparently a couple of people have attempted to hide out, while others have been caught and a few got away with it. It's not supposed to be for "fun" but for safety. You just have to suck up some things.

I resent people who try to hide. IF something happened, those would be the VERY people who would be whining and cause chaos.

I would like to think that even if you don't care about your "neighbors", you would care enough about yourself to go to the drill, LEARN what you are supposed to do, and then maybe actually look at the posted signs about where to go while you are out and about on the ship. Things may not happen while you are in your cabin.

I always tell this story whenever this topic comes up.

In March of 2006 at 2:00AM aboard the Star Princess about 50 miles west of Jamaica, General Muster was called. While navigating around a closed fire door an idiot opens his cabin door and asks, "Where do we go?"

A thirty minute Muster Drill is a minor detail. The drill is for everyone's safety. By skipping the drill you could put others in danger.

fireport.jpg

The only time I didn't have a muster drill was on my very first cruise and that was because we were one of the last to board the ship and they had already held the muster drill. We saw in the Patter that those who missed it were to report to one of the lounges at a certain time the next afternoon for a make-up drill. We reported, lifejackets in hand and found about 20 other passengers already there. A few more showed up after us, but nobody from the ship's staff ever showed up. We waited for 30 minutes and left. This was on the old Crown Princess in 1997.

Archived