Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

Count again...

The overhang from the Lido Deck above obscures the Resort Deck, a bit, but it's there...

The railing is visible.

Wow, indeed. Looks like the first series of cabin numbers to avoid. Not only are those balconies right underneath the outside dining area, they also have an overhang, so no sun...

We're sailing on Connie in November. I've sailed on Millie and loved it and hope Connie is the same. But what about the food? Surely it wasn't that bad?

We were on Connie two years ago and while the food was fine, it was not the "step up" we thought it would be from RCL, based on folks' reviews. It was more continental than RCL's but it was not lightyear's ahead.

Now the specialty room, that was something special on Constellation! Wow!

Looking at this picture of the Solstice model that someone posted earlier, the balconies do look a bit larger than the average balcony.

274967472_QRh24-M.jpg

ok now I'm a little nervous. We have C1 Cabin 1401 reserved. We booked it because of the somewhat larger balcony according to the deck plans but after looking at the model of the back section there is a huge corner brace ( totally untechnical lingo!) going up the side. I wonder how this could affect our views? It looks kinda of dark under there.

ok now I'm a little nervous. We have C1 Cabin 1401 reserved. We booked it because of the somewhat larger balcony according to the deck plans but after looking at the model of the back section there is a huge corner brace ( totally untechnical lingo!) going up the side. I wonder how this could affect our views? It looks kinda of dark under there.

Looking at the deck plans, I would be inclined to book 1401 also. I do like a larger balcony.:)

However, has anyone addressed the dreaded window washing machine? Do you believe Solstice will have one? The only time we were on X we were in an aft balcony so we didnt have to worry about it. But it seems to me, that if Solstice were to have one, 1401 would be as good a place as any to "park" it. What do you think?

Looking at the deck plans, I would be inclined to book 1401 also. I do like a larger balcony.:)

However, has anyone addressed the dreaded window washing machine? Do you believe Solstice will have one? The only time we were on X we were in an aft balcony so we didnt have to worry about it. But it seems to me, that if Solstice were to have one, 1401 would be as good a place as any to "park" it. What do you think?

obviously something else to consider..do they usually park the window washing machines at the back?

8341 does look like a better balcony.

In looking at the picture it appears to me that the 1401 balcony is right in front of the corner brace. I bet it will good cabin.

or is the corner brace in front of 1401? I'm not sure...

I have sent the shipyard 4 emails now in regards to the aft balconies being larger, and I still have no response from them.:( I would hope I would get a message saying sorry we can't reveal that info or something.

We just got off the Summit T/A where we enjoyed an aft concierge balcony (8172) and booked a cruise on Equinox for 2009. According to the future cruise consultant onboard, the aft concierge balconies are DEFINITELY the same size as all other balconies in that cabin category. If you need the larger aft cabin, stick with the M class ships!

I have sent the shipyard 4 emails now in regards to the aft balconies being larger, and I still have no response from them.:( I would hope I would get a message saying sorry we can't reveal that info or something.

I doubt the shipyard COULD answer your email. Their client is RCL (which owns Celebrity) and they likely have signed confidentiality agreements.

I doubt the shipyard COULD answer your email. Their client is RCL (which owns Celebrity) and they likely have signed confidentiality agreements.

I think you are right, Lee. They have never responded to my inquiry when the shipyard webcam was not updated on a Monday. A few times the picture was updated later in the week and sometimes not until the following week.

And by the way everyone, the new shipyard picture was not changed today so I will post it as soon as I see the update at Meyerwerft.

Bonnie

The balconies are not part of the modular build of the cabins. The balconies (and cabins) vary in size and shape depending on where the cabin is located (corner, hump, aft, deck level). I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with an aft.

CCaftBS.gif

8341 does look like a better balcony.

In looking at the picture it appears to me that the 1401 balcony is right in front of the corner brace. I bet it will good cabin.

Is it just me or does it look like these balconies are behind the brace? Until I get on board, I'm a little afraid to book one. That would stink being behind the brace.

enjoy,

Duane

Is it just me or does it look like these balconies are behind the brace? Until I get on board, I'm a little afraid to book one. That would stink being behind the brace.

enjoy,

Duane

I had booked 1401 based on the deck plans and slightly larger looking balcony but changed my mind and booked an aft after seeing that corner brace....just wasn't 100% convinced that it wouldn't interfer in some way.

The balconies are not part of the modular build of the cabins. The balconies (and cabins) vary in size and shape depending on where the cabin is located (corner, hump, aft, deck level). I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with an aft.

CCaftBS.gif

I agree. Our E1 cabin on Freedom was identical to most others. Our balcony was three times the size.

Archived