Firsthand sneak peak at Solstice (Merger of Several Threads)

Richard Stein

Thanks denb-it is so hard to know what to do - stay or switch-I chose that one because of the larger balcony!

My feeling is that you'll still be able to look "around the corner" for a 180° view because your cabin balcony will protrude a little, even though you'll have a solid wall of the SS next to you. That will be an advantage in itself because you won't have any balcony that side of you, but it may mean that you are more exposed to the balconies on the other side. If it means that you can accommodate a couple of loungers out there because of the extra balcony space, then that would be a winner for me.

Just my two cents.

Phil

Hope that is not true about special reserved areas--that follows more of the Cunard pattern where you can get private boxes in the theatre on the QV--for a price. If they do have extra charges for booths, I wonder if it would be for the night or the whole cruise?? Seems like many things will cost extra but with prices so high we will enjoy the sea & stars & whatever is not extra with maybe one or two splurges...otherwise the trip will be prohibitive.

For those with talents in enlarging images & assessing them, could you take a look at where these two cabins will be on Solstice: 9197 & 9209 We have them booked for diff cruises. One is a hump but shows up like a parallelogram on the room diagram--notr sure how that will be... I am fascinated with how you can isolate & enlarge the images draw arrows etc...count me as one of the obsessed!

I'll have to look at the area when I get my brochure.

This is the phrase I was referring to. It's on page 19 of the brochure, in reference to the disco.

<<Be seduced by the lights and the movement on the spacious dance floor, or take it all in from the VIP section, yours to reserve.>>

Hcat

They are really good. So many interesting views. You can really tell the far aft cabins are not hid behind the steel plate or whatever that I can tell. Looks like on the life boat deck there will be room to sit and walk a little, at least from what I can tell. Love it all.

Joann and Bob

Those photos are great...I can actually see my cabin! Looks like I made a good choice:D . On the deck plans, my "back of the hump" cabin appears to be trapezoidal, but the photos show that the cabins are normally shaped with a bit more balcony to make up the difference. Obsession indeed!

Thanks for the link. Excellent fodder for more speculation/obsessing! :D

denb, you took the words right out of my mouth! It's also good to see those cabins next to the rear brace but I think I'll keep my aft cabin for the time being.

The link was actually posted somewhere on the main board but I knew it would interest this group!

After browsing through the photos, I am glad we have our cabins for both cruises on deck nine--they do not seem to have huge overhang issues...DH says we'll find out when we get there but I prefer to ruminate & speculate!

We may never get the brochure--DH called Cap Club & they say they won't send to a PO Box so once again we re-placed the order with a street address...glad we have the online version bookmarked!

Those photos are great...I can actually see my cabin! Looks like I made a good choice:D . On the deck plans, my "back of the hump" cabin appears to be trapezoidal, but the photos show that the cabins are normally shaped with a bit more balcony to make up the difference. Obsession indeed!

Booking a ship that isn't finished yet has gone from exciting to nerve-wracking.

After seeing the huge overhang on Penthouse deck, we changed our cabin from one with the deeply recessed balconies to one "in front of the hump". But now I'm concerned about what the inside corridor wall of the stateroom will be like...will it be straight, and parallel to the balcony wall (not angled as in the deck plans)? Will the floor area be the same as other AQ cabins?

The deck on the "front of the hump" cabin looks as if it will be slightly larger than regular AQ balconies, since the deck is not a parallelogram, as it appears on the plans. Of course, I can't really be sure, as the "front of hump" pictures are not quite as clear as the "aft of hump" pictures, but they appear to be similar. Oh well, I hope there will be room for a lounger out there...that would make DH happy!

This is way more stress than I need :p.

Can't say what the rooms will really be like but the pics do give some clear definites--the overhang seems to impact two decks--we have made only one switch--we had a nice hump booked for the inaugural on deck 6--but then we switched to a later cruise in Jan -09 & went up to deck nine--seems where we will stay for now.

.My big fear is less about the cabins but that although the ship will be fine for a Carib cruise--it may just be too many people for Europe--when everyone returns at the same time from their excursions to get back on board..even on Century it was very tough in some ports! But we'll see how like it first in Jan & then can always cancel Sept 09...perish the thought!

Re the interior photos in the on line brochure:

Has anyone Noticed the big white supports in the main dining room--remind me of whale dbones--do you think they are going to make some of the tales tight at ground level?

Is the observation lounge going to be open to the stars or just have a star ceiling--can't recall what deck it is on.. if it will open that'd be awesome!

My feeling is that you'll still be able to look "around the corner" for a 180° view because your cabin balcony will protrude a little, even though you'll have a solid wall of the SS next to you. Phil
Your feeling was correct Phil.

IMGP8905-16of25-aftportconverted.jpg

So Cool!!!! I love the aft shots! Now I can see what my aft corner looks like..... I was afraid with the new design it wouldn't have a nice balcony. Now I can just relax and count the days.....

In the excitement of viewing the new shots my query below was not answered--I am now going through the interior depictions--while awaiting my briochure--

Re the interior photos in the on line brochure:

Has anyone Noticed the big white supports in the main dining room--remind me of whale bones--do you think they are going to make some of the tables tight at ground level?

Is the observation lounge going to be open to the stars or just have a star ceiling--can't recall what deck it is on.. if it will open that'd be awesome! looks like there could be one deck over it but can't figure it out

Archived