All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

lol, i posted just that somewhere else. if they don't do it, i just might arrange my own. have to see what kind of peeps are on board w/ me, lol. if they are fun, then absolutely. have one fun pax in mind.:p

i don't even remember. either upper or empress. wherever the 7As are. they are only on one deck i think.

One never knows who might be onboard and you're right, if they are fun you could have your own...might could even forego the bathrobes :D ;)

I can't wait to sail on the Miracle. DW and I loved the legend so much. Hopefully we are getting the whole family together for my parents 40 wedding anniversary. Does anyone know if the piano bar is the same as the legend? On the legend the piano bar seemed to be in a horrible location. I find the piano bar to be more fun with a lot of people in it.

Just off the Miracle. Not to be negative- I LOVE CARNIVAL- But to be honest with you- this is by FAR MY LEAST LEAST LEAST favorite cruise. Overall staff- was at minimal nice, food was JUST EDIBLE. I will post my review- but I will say that as long as you dont go with too high expectations- you will be ok- Carnival is definetly cutting corners and leaving out of NY leaves a lot to be desired.. AND I AM A NEW YORKER!

Just off the Miracle. Not to be negative- I LOVE CARNIVAL- But to be honest with you- this is by FAR MY LEAST LEAST LEAST favorite cruise. Overall staff- was at minimal nice, food was JUST EDIBLE. I will post my review- but I will say that as long as you dont go with too high expectations- you will be ok- Carnival is definetly cutting corners and leaving out of NY leaves a lot to be desired.. AND I AM A NEW YORKER!

Wow...I'm really surprised cause we had a great time and thought the food was excellent. Every staff member that we encountered was so accomdating to us especially our cabin team and waitstaff. What didn't you like about it?

What was wrong with leaving out of NY? I'm a NYer too.

Wow...I'm really surprised cause we had a great time and thought the food was excellent. Every staff member that we encountered was so accomdating to us especially our cabin team and waitstaff. What didn't you like about it?

What was wrong with leaving out of NY? I'm a NYer too.

I had already known you had a great time on the Miracle- we all joked on board from cruise critic roll call- that you should be the spokesperson for the Miracle.

Cruising Carnival previoiusly-perhaps I was spoiled.. But being able to compare this cruise to another Carnival cruise- I can tell you that the food was not what it once was, The Carnival Legend blows the Miracle way out of the water- the Miracle decor was gaudy and Bulky. Granted I understand that these employees work day in and day out- and I have tried to take that into consideration- but My cabin steward, needed to be reminded on a daily basis about our beach towels, getting ice, walking into our room unannounced, leaving her cleaning items in our room, and having our beds joined together so they wouldnt collapse in the middle while we sleep, those are just a few. The Persuers desk (spelling) the were rude- and unhelpful...When we requested our cabin steward to put our beds together and she didnt after the 3rd time- called persers desk- that took 2 requests. My boyfriend's grandmother passed away while we were on the cruise- we got a phone call from his mother- that was handled ok- but we needed to be off the ship asap today- due to her funeral- we got no assistance- we did self assist off the ship- but Carnival did nothing to assist or assure us of being off the ship quickly- and they were aware of our emergency.

Leaving out of NY- well not sure if you have ever sailed out of any other port- you will know what I mean. As I am sure there are many nice people- MANY MANY RUDE people who think that they own the ship and are pushy and rude. I have many cruises to base my opinion off of- and again this was my experience- and this was only a few things that have gone wrong with us.

I had already known you had a great time on the Miracle- we all joked on board from cruise critic roll call- that you should be the spokesperson for the Miracle.

Cruising Carnival previoiusly-perhaps I was spoiled.. But being able to compare this cruise to another Carnival cruise- I can tell you that the food was not what it once was, The Carnival Legend blows the Miracle way out of the water- the Miracle decor was gaudy and Bulky. Granted I understand that these employees work day in and day out- and I have tried to take that into consideration- but My cabin steward, needed to be reminded on a daily basis about our beach towels, getting ice, walking into our room unannounced, leaving her cleaning items in our room, and having our beds joined together so they wouldnt collapse in the middle while we sleep, those are just a few. The Persuers desk (spelling) the were rude- and unhelpful...When we requested our cabin steward to put our beds together and she didnt after the 3rd time- called persers desk- that took 2 requests. My boyfriend's grandmother passed away while we were on the cruise- we got a phone call from his mother- that was handled ok- but we needed to be off the ship asap today- due to her funeral- we got no assistance- we did self assist off the ship- but Carnival did nothing to assist or assure us of being off the ship quickly- and they were aware of our emergency.

Leaving out of NY- well not sure if you have ever sailed out of any other port- you will know what I mean. As I am sure there are many nice people- MANY MANY RUDE people who think that they own the ship and are pushy and rude. I have many cruises to base my opinion off of- and again this was my experience- and this was only a few things that have gone wrong with us.

LOL....I didn't know I was so well known on this board. :p

Wow I'm really sorry that you had a bad experience and also very sorry about your boyfriend's grandmother.

our cabin team was fabulous. They greeted us by name whenever they saw us and asked us how our day was and what we did. They kept the cabin so clean and tidy and gave us everything. I guess you can have a bad steward on any sailing.

I have only sailed out of NY but I didn't see any rude people. Maybe I was just lucky.....who knows.

Again, I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. Hope your next cruise is more to your liking. :)

Seeing that I've been on three other CCL cruises including the Miracle, and are going on the Miracle again bc she was so nice, I'd have to say that she blows away all other ships in the fleet, who cares what other people say about her, I've been on the pride and destiny and the Miracle blows them all away and yes I did leave out of NY and am going to leave out of Ft Laud in Jan, so boo to you who dislike the Miracle. :p

Seeing that I've been on three other CCL cruises including the Miracle, and are going on the Miracle again bc she was so nice, I'd have to say that she blows away all other ships in the fleet, who cares what other people say about her, I've been on the pride and destiny and the Miracle blows them all away and yes I did leave out of NY and am going to leave out of Ft Laud in Jan, so boo to you who dislike the Miracle. :p

When you sail on something comparable to the Miracle- then you can BOO- those who dislike it.. Destiny and Pride- No comparison.

there are so many other miracle threads to choose from to post your dislikes about your cruise.

but this thread was designed to be informative, like the current liberty thread, was it not?

like sandi said, everyone has different tastes. i know for a fact there were some who balked at the art work on board miracle. i remember reading about it.

and while the "balking" wldn't really be relevant to this thread, insofar as it is someone's personal opinion and taste, a synopsis of the type of art work on board wld be.

people like different things.

that's why there are so many flavors of ice cream. :p

Hi I cruised with Sandi(HI!) I found the purser's to be a joke as well. Our Ac was not working correct the entire trip and they were usuless. I called for mat. to come look at it and asked if we needed to stay in the cabin for them. I was told no, so we went to the pool and lunch. We came back several hours later to a lukewarm room. Called again, oops sorry he came but you werent there so he left. ARGH! Also had an issue with our obc credit I bought and applied online. The Male purser told me that I had to bring them to the desk to apply, I told him it was done thru Carnival and that I applied them as OBC online and never had any tickets mailed. He is also the one who told us that the average temp for the Miracle was 78! OUr cabin was not terribly hot but not even cool all week. Thank god I brought a fan! I loved all the staff except for our steward, we never got service the last day. He also never brought the bags for the laundry special when I requested them 2x( then asked at Pursers while we were there to have some sent down to our cabin which we never got !)

That was my 4th Carnival cruise. It was better than being at home but not my favorite cruise. I has a blast with Sandi, her Dh and other Cc'ers but if they werent there it would not have been as fun!

I did love all the food I ate. I am a foodie too. MMMmm Wish I could be there now.

We also encountered many rude people that cussed loudly like it was going out of style in front of our son, but that can happen on any cruise! I LOVED the decor

Hi I cruised with Sandi(HI!) I found the purser's to be a joke as well. Our Ac was not working correct the entire trip and they were usuless. I called for mat. to come look at it and asked if we needed to stay in the cabin for them. I was told no, so we went to the pool and lunch. We came back several hours later to a lukewarm room. Called again, oops sorry he came but you werent there so he left. ARGH! Also had an issue with our obc credit I bought and applied online. The Male purser told me that I had to bring them to the desk to apply, I told him it was done thru Carnival and that I applied them as OBC online and never had any tickets mailed. He is also the one who told us that the average temp for the Miracle was 78! OUr cabin was not terribly hot but not even cool all week. Thank god I brought a fan! I loved all the staff except for our steward, we never got service the last day. He also never brought the bags for the laundry special when I requested them 2x( then asked at Pursers while we were there to have some sent down to our cabin which we never got !)

That was my 4th Carnival cruise. It was better than being at home but not my favorite cruise. I has a blast with Sandi, her Dh and other Cc'ers but if they werent there it would not have been as fun!

I did love all the food I ate. I am a foodie too. MMMmm Wish I could be there now.

We also encountered many rude people that cussed loudly like it was going out of style in front of our son, but that can happen on any cruise! I LOVED the decor

Hiya Illinoisgal. :p

You encountered rude people? I didn't hear anyone curse. I'm serious, I really didn't but yes that can happen on any cruise.

Glad you had a blast with us.....we had a blast with you too. :D

We really must have been very lucky with our cabin team cause they were outstanding. First day Patrick introduced himself and showed us how everything worked in the cabin and how to get in touch with him, if we needed him. He told us that he would make us a towel animal every day and he did. What I really liked was how clean he kept the cabin, bathroom and balcony. The day after we got back from Virgin Gorda Jay and I got sand all over the carpet, the balcony and in the bathroom. :o I tried to clean the sand out of the shower as best as I could but I couldn't get it all. When we got back from dinner that night there was not one drop of sand left. They were just so great and we tipped them extra. But I guess it's the luck of the draw with cabin teams and wait teams.

Yes you hogged up all the ac too :) YOu know who much fun our waitstaff were so it more than made up for the lack in our steward. That was our 4th cruise so your bound to get someone who is having an off week etc sometime. I didnt have to cook or clean the bed so I was happy. Oh that sand is so fine it gets everywhere. I still have some half moon cay (cruise before the miracle!) stuck in one pair of sandals i have . I would still sail the Miracle again ,and am debating between the St Kitts, St lucia, St Maarten sailing or a b2b on a fantasy class ship ( serenity adults only area is soooo tempting)

The main cursers were on the Lido deck, I swear it was the same group of guys and we just always somehow ended up by them. If Riley wasnt around ) or someone elses wee one ) I could care less if they swear.

Believe it or not I have lost count of how many cruises with Carnival I have been on. I think number 18 is coming up. That being said, I have done a few ships more than once, and have had different experiences even being on the same ship. Was on the Destiny three times. The first two were great and third was pretty much a disaster. It is a terrible shame when you get a bad cabin steward, and I know there are some bad ones out there. I would hate for people to say the Miracle was an awful ship because of that. It sounds like TYSMOM had one bad experience after another. I am going on the Miracle in a little under two months. I do hope my experience is like Sandi's.

Again- just want to state that this was my experience on this cruise for this week- a fellow cruise critic member was also on this ship and had a different perspective. They were on a different floor- and chose not to eat @ the Lido deck. I know it was better than sitting home, I didnt have to cook, clean etc- and I was relaxed- but I replied to a post all about the Miracle- that would include the good, the bad and the wonderful. I am sure others will have a great time, and some will have a horrible time...

Again- just want to state that this was my experience on this cruise for this week- a fellow cruise critic member was also on this ship and had a different perspective. They were on a different floor- and chose not to eat @ the Lido deck. I know it was better than sitting home, I didnt have to cook, clean etc- and I was relaxed- but I replied to a post all about the Miracle- that would include the good, the bad and the wonderful. I am sure others will have a great time, and some will have a horrible time...

I just returned from a wonderful cruise on the RCCL Empress of the Seas which left from Philly. This trip was absolutly perfect! The ship, staff and passengers were a dream come true. If you weren't upfront with your review, I would have expected the same experience I received from RCCL for my Miracle 8/2008 cruise. Now I'm aware that it may live up to my previous cruise, or it may not. At least I won't be blown away by the unexpected. Thanks for writing your review.

When you sail on something comparable to the Miracle- then you can BOO- those who dislike it.. Destiny and Pride- No comparison.

Sorry your cruise wasn't all you hoped it would be, and my thoughts go out to the family. We took our sons friend with us on our first cruise and his grandfather passed while we were at sea......it was a sad thing to come home to.

Just wondering.....The Pride isn't on your cruise list......so how can you say it isn't comparable.....how do you know? I love the Miracle (probably as much as Sandy LOL) and would love anything I'm on, because I expect there to be differences in the decor. I wouldn't let bulky be a factor. I'm sure I won't love everything about every ship..........but I'd be darn happy to be there!!

Sorry your cruise wasn't all you hoped it would be, and my thoughts go out to the family. We took our sons friend with us on our first cruise and his grandfather passed while we were at sea......it was a sad thing to come home to.

Just wondering.....The Pride isn't on your cruise list......so how can you say it isn't comparable.....how do you know? I love the Miracle (probably as much as Sandy LOL) and would love anything I'm on, because I expect there to be differences in the decor. I wouldn't let bulky be a factor. I'm sure I won't love everything about every ship..........but I'd be darn happy to be there!!

I am sorry about the Pride- I meant the Paradise... My bad... Thank you for your kind thoughts in re: to my b/f loss... I was happy to be away- away from it all-but besides the decor- I had other issues with the boat- and just as all of the "Carnival Miracle" lovers are being informative as to what they love about the cruise- there are those who may not love her just as much, for various reasons- and opinions should be stated so that people are aware of decor, food or whatever other issues there maybe. :D

:D

I'm not getting the photos from the other link (chitowncruisers?). Is it just me?

I chose the 12/17 out of Ft. Lauderdale because of the price, the timing (daughter on Christmas break), ship class (wanted to try larger than Fantasy but not TOO big), and the itinerary. Our RCCL cruise stopped in St. Thomas but we did an excursion to St. John and saw nothing of St. T, and we flew back from San Juan, but saw nothing there because we went straight to the airport.

I could do without another Grand Turk (unless they add the Chukka horseback riding which we've done twice and LOVE), and Nassau doesn't do much for me, but hey! It will be only my 2nd 7-night cruise and my 1st balcony!

I absolutely cannot wait. For someone who suffers motion sickness, hates crowds, and can only "swim" enough to get on my back and float, I am totally confused as to why I love to cruise!

I'm already trying to figure out how I can possibly afford to do a btb Meditterean in a couple of years!

I do tend to obsess over things, and discovering this board since my last cruise has only made me worse! So many decisions! I used to just book everything through the cruiseline, but I'm going to call my TA today and see if I can do my own air and go down a day early. And I want to book my own excursions.

AND smuggle some booze!!!

See what you people have done to me!!! :D

:D Thats too funny......CRUISE CRITIC CREATES MONSTER>>.....lmao:D

I am sorry about the Pride- I meant the Paradise... My bad... Thank you for your kind thoughts in re: to my b/f loss... I was happy to be away- away from it all-but besides the decor- I had other issues with the boat- and just as all of the "Carnival Miracle" lovers are being informative as to what they love about the cruise- there are those who may not love her just as much, for various reasons- and opinions should be stated so that people are aware of decor, food or whatever other issues there maybe. :D

I think that if I encountered some of the problems that you had, I wouldn't have liked it as much but when we went everything was just perfect. I really had no complaints at all. Maybe we were lucky? I don't know. I may be a newbie to cruising but certainly not a newbie to going on vacation so I do know that I'm used to having good service, good food, etc.

I see that you were on the Legend and said that you thought that ship was much prettier than the Miracle. I was on the Legend last year and while I found the ship to be nice, I thought the Miracle was much nicer looking.

Everyone just has different tastes. :)

I just returned from a wonderful cruise on the RCCL Empress of the Seas which left from Philly. This trip was absolutly perfect! The ship, staff and passengers were a dream come true. If you weren't upfront with your review, I would have expected the same experience I received from RCCL for my Miracle 8/2008 cruise. Now I'm aware that it may live up to my previous cruise, or it may not. At least I won't be blown away by the unexpected. Thanks for writing your review.

We, too, found the Empress to be great! We cruised her July '06, from Philly. For a SMALL ship, she has a BIG heart and reputation.

Will be on the Miracle next Tuesday, will let you know our experience when we return.

Thanks to all! Still reading and learning about the Miracle.

I loved our cruise on the Empress. Our itinerary was great because they were repositioning her from Tampa to NY to begin their Bermuda sailings.

I almost went last minute to Bermuda in early June, but I mistakenly thought the passport requirements were already in place for sailing and I hadn't received mine.

I was so sad when I realized I could've sailed her (and the price was unbelievably good on that one sailing only).

When we sailed, there was a salsa band that played on the lido deck in the evenings. They were excellent. Since our cruise ended in San Juan, there were lots of Latin Americans on board and the deck would fill with people dancing. I was so envious! I want to learn Salsa!!!

Anyway, it was a great cruise, and that was before she was refurbished.

I was just reading the "topless" thread.

Is there an adults-only area on the Miracle? Last time we were on Fantasy, we went up on the funnel deck and took off the tops (my DD and I). We did our best to not look at each other or any of the other women!

I didn't go up on the Elation last December. I think my DD and her BF did. But I didn't ask if she went topless. :o

If there are no longer any adults-only pools, it would be nice to at least have an area in which to sunbathe without lots of squealing children.

Thanks!

I was just reading the "topless" thread.

Is there an adults-only area on the Miracle? Last time we were on Fantasy, we went up on the funnel deck and took off the tops (my DD and I). We did our best to not look at each other or any of the other women!

I didn't go up on the Elation last December. I think my DD and her BF did. But I didn't ask if she went topless. :o

If there are no longer any adults-only pools, it would be nice to at least have an area in which to sunbathe without lots of squealing children.

Thanks!

When I was on the Miracle in June the aft pool was adults only. There was a kid there one day going in the pool and security asked the child to leave. The child did and I never saw any kids there again that whole week while I was at the pool.

Things may have changed now. For recent cruisers, is the aft pool still adults only?

Archived