Thread Drift...

bepsf

Karin,

Love the new avatar!

And John, (Copper 10-8),

Welcome back! I've missed the Marine view on things! Seriously, I hope you had a wonderful cruise.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Yes, we did!:)

Have a great cruise on Noordam!! I was going to meet her again (and maybe you) in L.A. on 03 OCT but they're sending me to a school in Riverside during that week

Good luck to the Red Sox! The Dodgers blew it again but we're used to that here! ;)

It was reported on another thread that a man came to the diningroom for the Mariner's lunch wearing just bermudas, no top, and nothing was said to him. DO you suppose that might be the new dress code for formal night? Would they stop him at dinner? How could they let that happen?

It was reported on another thread that a man came to the diningroom for the Mariner's lunch wearing just bermudas, no top, and nothing was said to him. DO you suppose that might be the new dress code for formal night? Would they stop him at dinner? How could they let that happen?

Pardon me for asking; I know this is a delicate subject, but.........did he have man boobs?:eek: :D

(OK, I promise this is my last post to this thread. I'm just having way too much fun here, but other folks are probably sick of me blabbing away.........So "adios", and thanks for a very fun thread, Brian!:) )

Karin

Carol,

But, did he hog/"reserve" a chair on the Lido pool deck with a towel and paperback before he went to the Mariner's lunch? It might make a difference!

Dave

Sorry, I usually don't care what people choose to wear when dining but that would be an exception! That guy should have been stopped in his tracks and told to come back when covered up. Someone aboard that ship at that party dropped the ball big time! Heck, there's even signs posted in the Lido restaurant that require shirt and shoes to be worn in there, let alone the formal dining room

1390573046_HALLidodresscode.JPG.66eb9619d4f0a5490fd77ccee1553974.JPG

Pardon me for asking; I know this is a delicate subject, but.........did he have man boobs?:eek: :D

(OK, I promise this is my last post to this thread. I'm just having way too much fun here, but other folks are probably sick of me blabbing away.........So "adios", and thanks for a very fun thread, Brian!:) )

Karin

Hey! I'm having lunch here!:eek:

Maybe that was on NNN's topless cruise?:)

I saw an unintentional "bottomless" cruiser on the Veendam a few years back. It was an elderly gentleman getting out of the Lido pool....lets just say that the legs of his bathing suit were very loose but not nearly long enough to "contain" him...and when his leg swung around...:eek: :eek: :eek:

He was at least in his late 80's, I felt bad for him, and his daughter ran over with a towel.

I saw an unintentional "bottomless" cruiser on the Veendam a few years back. It was an elderly gentleman getting out of the Lido pool....lets just say that the legs of his bathing suit were very loose but not nearly long enough to "contain" him...and when his leg swung around...:eek: :eek: :eek:

He was at least in his late 80's, I felt bad for him, and his daughter ran over with a towel.

Reminds me of the guy on the Rotterdam a few years back. He climbed out of the hot tub and proceded to remove his shorts and wring them out. :eek:

I will go to my grave with that picture in my mind. :( Ugg.

Does HAL even go to China?

Now that you mention it, Brian, I think there's some stops in China on the Circle Pacific cruise. They may even have some overnights in a port or two. It's one voyage I' love to take some day.

Thank you, Peggy. I try to change the siggy on a fairly regular basis.

Listen, while you're here.... I was cruising the same time you were and didn't get to read your journal until I was home a while; it was so many pages back by then that I didn't want to force it to the top. Anyway, it was a great journal! I loved every minute reading it---I felt like I was back in Alaska taking that wonderful ride again.

Thank you for posting all about it, and forgive me for not making an opportunity to tell you.

Does HAL even go to China?

Now that you mention it, Brian, I think there's some stops in China on the Circle Pacific cruise. They may even have some overnights in a port or two. It's one voyage I' love to take some day.

Yes, HAL has regular seasonal service in the Asian Theater, with stops in Shanghi, Xingang (Beijing) and Dalian China. See Here. I can't do this cruise in 2008, but it's part of the cruise I want to do in Spring (post Easter) 2009. Hong Kong to Vancouver ... 31onderful days. I'm going to try to swing it as Chaplain.

Have received multiple pieces of literature about taking a cruise or Vacation in Sunny Viet Nam.

Ruth wants to go to see what it was like

My Comment: OVER MY DEAD BODY

Five years there was enough for me...

That was my Dad's opinion, too. :)

But Mom would love to see China and Japan.

The cruise I've linked above has the advantage of not stopping in VietNam. It does go to Korea. :)

Archived