Thread Drift...

bepsf

Quick, quick! Before this thread wanders its way into the Floataway Lounge, let's see if we can come up with a cruise-related detour:) .

The threads change as we move along because there is such a demographic diversity among HAL passengers. :) (Not to mention a disparity of opinion and a clash of personalities).

There, have I digressed enough?:)

Karin

For an anthropology project in college, I once audiotaped an entire dinner conversation among a group of my friends (with their advance permission, of course), and then drew a diagram of the various subject matters discussed, and how they were connected. Resembled a spiderweb when done (one constructed by a very imaginative - or very confused - spider, that is). Topic drift is just one of the pleasures of civilized discourse among friends, IMHO. Thanks for the thought, Brian.

There seems to be a rule on CC. All threads must eventually digress to smoking policies or ATAW dining. If not the Host must submit a hijack post.:D :D ;) ;)

Okay, I'll bite - I talked about this on the Cunard board, and was wondering about HAL. There was speculation (false) that the Cigar Lounge aboard the QE2 would be closed, and I was wondering if HAL might specify a lounge specific to cigar and pipe smoking to somewhat settle this problem?

I would still want my cigar at the midnight blackjack table, but I could settle for having a dedicated space on the ship!:)

Okay, I'll bite - I talked about this on the Cunard board, and was wondering about HAL. There was speculation (false) that the Cigar Lounge aboard the QE2 would be closed, and I was wondering if HAL might specify a lounge specific to cigar and pipe smoking to somewhat settle this problem?

I would still want my cigar at the midnight blackjack table, but I could settle for having a dedicated space on the ship!:)

On Vista Class ships, the Oak Room off of Crows Nest permits cigar smoking.

Vista ships are Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Noordam.

And so what does everyone think about Park West taking over the Crows Nest:D :D ;) ;)

What a perfect space for a Cigar Lounge!

"Excuse Me - What are those little black dots on the painting?"

"That's "Art", Madam - Now what will you bid?"

Quick, quick! Before this thread wanders its way into the Floataway Lounge, let's see if we can come up with a cruise-related detour:) .

The threads change as we move along because there is such a demographic diversity among HAL passengers. :) (Not to mention a disparity of opinion and a clash of personalities).

There, have I digressed enough?:)

Karin

Karin-

You have digressed in that charming and very tactful way that only you can do!!;) :D

On Vista Class ships, the Oak Room off of Crows Nest permits cigar smoking.

Vista ships are Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam and Noordam.

Dearheart--

The Oak Room aboard Westerdam was recently obliterated in favor of the Exploration's Cafe.

Soon the same unfortunate "upgrades" will occur to Zuiderdam and Oosterdam.

Karin-

You have digressed in that charming and very tactful way that only you can do!!;) :D

Oh, shucks:o I've put my fat foot into my big mouth here more times than I care to remember......:eek:

Sher, you are the one with all the charm:) How did it go today with the Spicy Ladies at the market? (You see I'm doing my best to abide by the topic at hand, which is drifting.....:D )

Karin

Dearheart--

The Oak Room aboard Westerdam was recently obliterated in favor of the Exploration's Cafe.

Soon the same unfortunate "upgrades" will occur to Zuiderdam and Oosterdam.

Times are changing..:cool: One of my favorite spaces on the Noordam is the Oak Rm.. It has such personality..

Bulldog

Times are changing..:cool: One of my favorite spaces on the Noordam is the Oak Rm.. It has such personality..

Bulldog

You should look at the Noordam deckplans tonite and see what changes they've made!:confused:

(They've swapped the deckplans for Rotterdam this weekend...)

:cool:

Archived