Other Sections of CC.....??

sail7seas

Someone made a comment here the other day that they read Princess, or Celebrity, or RCI or whatever all the time and thought everyone here read the other CC boards.

I don't.

Do you?

I read "Ask a Cruise Question", VERY occassionally "Fashion" and once in a very blue moon.....like maybe twice a year, I might glance at another board.

Do you read/post on others/many others?

Someone made a comment here the other day that they read Princess, or Celebrity, or RCI or whatever all the time and thought everyone here read the other CC boards.

I don't.

Do you?

I read "Ask a Cruise Question", VERY occassionally "Fashion" and once in a very blue moon.....like maybe twice a year, I might glance at another board.

Not generally, S7S. When I was checking for cruises this winter, I did check Princess because I was interested in seeing what the Emerald had to offer. I asked about the beds, and ran right back here when a poster stated they are "hard, hard, hard!"

I do check the port threads occasionally; for example, was checking Caribbean/other to see what I could learn about St. Vincent.

Sail, it's all I can do just to keep up with all the drama and excitement here on the HAL board. (And yes, there IS excitement on the HAL board, even if we are all dying our hair blue, using walkers, and wearing dentures or Depends)!!:p ;) :D

I do have time to glance occasionally at the "Ask a Cruise Question" board. If there is a BIG drama on one of the other boards, I will sometimes be another "lookie loo" over there:o , but that's rare. I'm usually totally clueless about other cruise lines.

If I'm trying to learn more about another poster before I respond to a question, I will look at their posting history and read their posts, or some of them. I try to match my responses to what I can glean of that individual's cruising experience.

If I'm planning a cruise, I will go to the "Ports of Call" forum to find information which will help me plan excursions.

But HAL is my home, both on the boards and off.:) I almost always post here.

Karin

I used to keep up on the Princess board ... but since we've had only one Princess cruise in the past few years I haven't been there in a long time.

I occasionally visit the Disney board since we'll be sailing the Disney Magic this January with our kids and grandkids. However, it's VERY quiet over there.

Other than that, no. I do not visit other areas of Cruise Critic. As Karin said, this place is almost more than I can keep up with.

Sail I very rarely check other boards other than roll calls and ports of call. As a cruise comes up, I check the ports of call board more often.

Oh thanks, Cruising Along, you reminded me that I do visit the roll calls for my cruises. But since I have only cruised on HAL, in my mind I was conflating the HAL main board and the HAL roll call board:) . I guess one of these days I'm going to have to branch out!:)

Karin

I don't.

Do you?

Ports of call. I set up six private excursions this past summer. Four drivers or companies were found/recommended on the forums. One another CC member found on the internet and I followed up. Only one (Tunesia) I found on the internet on my own, and they were very good too.

I don't.

Do you?

We had a friend on a QM2 roll-call that we joined in on, had a great laugh dishing the dirt on Margot and Lyn!

Coming from Oz offer advice on the Australia New Zealand ports of call board.

Ask questions on the Africa, Western Europe and South America boards due to our rapidly approaching Rotterdam cruise.

Thinking about Paul Gauguin (sp?) next year so have a look at the Regent boards. Sailed X before so also see what's going on there.

Have posted photos on the gallery page.

Partaken of discussion on the Gay and Lesbian boards

Oh, and our roll call of course

In fact spend wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on CC:D . But I love it because we all have something in common, cruising

pete

I read several other sections on CC on a regular basis:

within the "Ask A Cruise Question" forum, I check the General Discussion, Cabin Questions, Cruise Air and First Timer Cruisers sub-forums;

the Roll Call forum for future cruises we have booked;

the "River Cruising" sub-forum within the "Special Interest Cruises" forum (because we have done one river cruise-really enjoyed it-and because we are doing another one next year) ; and

the "Ports of Call" forum for the sub-forums for ports we will be visiting and for ports we have visited.

There are a whole lot of other interesting questions and answers outside the HAL forum and it is always a pleasure to see familiar screen names from here on the other forums/sub-forums.

I stick to the HAL boards (it's been six years since we've cruised anybody else). When someone else brings up the "juice" or "drama" on another board, I've been known to take a quick look to cop a feel but I have never posted there. Oh yeah, almost forgot, I do follow the exploits of a couple of favorite posters on other boards at times but not on a regular basis

I read many sections of CC, including HAL, even though I have only been on Princess cruises. I try to keep up with some of my friends that have hopped lines, on the other boards. I also like to read Phillip217 "complaint of the week" posts on the Ask a Question boards. Some of the other boards can have some very interesting posts on them.

If you don't travel to the other boards, but have seen posts by Fuzzzy (Gene), who frequented Princess, please go over to the Princess board and give your condolences to his partner SeaTeacher (John). Fuzzzy passed away yesterday - he and John had 14 years together. John's videos of their cruises are stellar.

Obviously I do! :) I generally stick to Carnival and Honeymoon and Wedding boards, and occasionally pop in on the Fashion board. We're still up in the air about which line to sail for our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2009 so I do lurk occasionally on HAL, Royal Caribbean, and NCL, the three lines we're debating on. Thinking about Princess or Celebrity for a Western Carib, but those dates aren't out yet! :)

I usually use the "new posts" feature and read from there. Half the time when I reply to a post, I don't even notice which forum it's from. It catches my interest and I post!

I read other sections, usually about the ports on upcoming cruises. Since I'm getting fed up with certain things HAL is changing, I'm also checking out the boards for other lines we're considering. It can be 'enlightening' - and you also get a sense of the types of people that choose the different lines. On one I discovered a poster of this board flamed the entire HAL board (and then she recently posted here asking for our help :rolleyes: ). One thing I really liked about that board was that she was (gently) rebuked about her posts. I thought that spoke well for the posters there. That will probably be the line we'll try when we do make a change from HAL.

I frequent several boards. When I do I'm looking to keep up to date and gain or provide information. I don't do a lot of socializing.

Usual boards I check are:

Ports ... When I might see a new one.

Cruise lines when I am or considering sailing them:

HAL... Sailed in 2006, sailing in 2007 and 2008.

Princess ... Sailed in 2006, 2007 and sailing in 2008.

Celebrity ... Sailed twice in 2006.

Azamara ... 2007 ... I know they're a spin off of Celebrity. I booked it because I wanted to get back on another Renaissance ship and sail again to Bermuda, while it's SIMILAR to the Bermuda we used to know. It's changing and I don't think it will ever be the same, especially for cruise passengers.

Currently looking at several other cruises and will continue to look at the appropriate boards for those cruises.

I read other sections, usually about the ports on upcoming cruises. Since I'm getting fed up with certain things HAL is changing, I'm also checking out the boards for other lines we're considering. It can be 'enlightening' - and you also get a sense of the types of people that choose the different lines. On one I discovered a poster of this board flamed the entire HAL board (and then she recently posted here asking for our help :rolleyes: ). One thing I really liked about that board was that she was (gently) rebuked about her posts. I thought that spoke well for the posters there. That will probably be the line we'll try when we do make a change from HAL.

I thought I was the only one who tried to get the sense of the types of people who cruise certain lines by the CC boards! I know it's only a percentage of the cruising population, etc.. but I still do it! :)

A little off topic, please forgive my hijack. If you don't mind my asking, what is changing about HAL that you do not like? HAL is one of our front runners of our next choice contest and I'm trying to gather all the information that I can.

A little off topic, please forgive my hijack. If you don't mind my asking, what is changing about HAL that you do not like? HAL is one of our front runners of our next choice contest and I'm trying to gather all the information that I can.
I'm sorry, but my answer would really hijack the thread. Some of the things are 'hot potato' items here. :eek:

I check out the HAL board every day because information from here has been very helpful in preparing for my upcoming cruise. And the folks are really interesting too :D . I also post on the solo cruisers board, the fashion board and the first time cruisers board if I think I can be helpful. I usually read a few threads on the Princess board too so I can get a sense of what is happening there. The ports of call board helped with with shore excursios and my roll call is hopping!!

Sure - Princess before we cruised on it last September, although found it pretty boring and not nearly as helpful, am occasionally checking Celebrity now although have pretty well settled on HAL for Med. in 08, ports of call (especially helpful for the Baltic), roll calls, and special interests for trips before my cruise buddy got her knee replacement.

And occasionally Lose Before You Cruise to keep me motivated, and sometimes offer encouragement to others.

I will from-time-to-time check out another board--mainly for curiosity. If I book or considering booking on another line I'll go to their boards.

I've found that the HAL board is usually a very friendly place to be. The wealth of knowledge here is amazing.

I always check out roll calls for any upcoming cruises.

Who's got time for more boards! Between my roll-call threads and reading this board I have a full-time job. Still have to buy groceries and go to the gym sometime.

Whew. I'm beat. ;)

Oh, on rare occasion there's a link here to something wild and wacky on another board. Those I go over and read.

Archived