QE2 40th, A Few Highlights

stowaway2k

Kyle....I am late to this wonderful thread but I'm actually glad as reading it from start to finish is am amazing journey with you all. This must have been an emotional voyage the likes of which I can't imagine....to "go home" is magical in any sense.

Your photos of events and the fabulous menus are truly keepsakes of a never to be repeated voyage however, by the time I got to the Mauretania cover and her emotional farewell message, the tears finally ran down my face.

I've not sailed the QE2 and doubt now that will ever happen, but I find a certain comfort in knowing that a similar message will never be sent by her and that she'll not be on her way to the breakers.

I'm sure you will treasure that special box and its contents...and thank you for sharing this with us all.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

25th November 2007 is still on special offer:D

Karen

Penny, even though the final transatlantics are sold out I am sure someone (such as Malcolm) can sneek you aboard one of the lifeboats. The view would be perfect.......you can look out at your beloved QM2 every night! Sorry about the cold weather on the North Atlantic though.

Sorry I won't be in the cavernous C1 cabin this time around so I lose the walk-in closet.:mad: So no extra room to house you and Steve. (heck, and Bear too!)

David

And I just realised I haven't thanked Kyle for his incredibly great posts and pictures of the menus, etc.

I got a little bit choked up when I got to the Mauretania one. John M-G's description of her end choked me up, too. That actually is the moment I knew you liner nuts (<g>) had snagged another one in your Net of Wonderfulness.

My compliments and thank you. What a treasure.

Sorry Dave, the picture for that one did not come out well so wasn't used. Cabin 5019 is an 106 square foot MO cabin so the picture on the left of the third row will be representative for space.

5016 is perhaps similar - an MO, 105 sq ft I think.

703266002_20070610008Cabin5016-VerySmallreduced.jpg.8bfb49e3d50aa504e1440c74426309bf.jpg

I also just published another view on http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=11831735&postcount=26

difficult to get a picture that gives an impression of the size of the cabin without actually standing outside it:D

Karen

WOW!!!

I am so sorry I missed this tour around the Island, so thank you for giving a tour of some of the highlights. I have been telling my TA about it. As you gave information of what was on BBC & ITV I it on to my sister, hoping she would tape it for showing when I visit prior to the WWC Jan 6.

Watching from afar has been better than missing it completely.

Thank you all again.

The first draft of my photos from the cruise, including the red arrows, are on line at:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pic77/qe2_sep07/index.htm

It will get tidied up in the next few weeks but most of the pictures are there.

The photos that I wish I had taken.

Superb.

Too many include me though. Now the Feds will be able to trace me again. Gotta keep on the go, keep a low profile...

I need more pictures of Kyle, please....not for any special reason, really....just need them....;)

I keed!

I do like pictures of people even more than pictures of other things. I am an example of getting that wrong and will try to do better in the future. I don't know quite what it is--is it because the things stand still and don't complain about their picture? I think so. Again, I'll try harder to do better. :)

I do like pictures of people even more than pictures of other things. I am an example of getting that wrong and will try to do better in the future. I don't know quite what it is--is it because the things stand still and don't complain about their picture? I think so. Again, I'll try harder to do better. :)

AMEN...said Mother Theresa...:rolleyes:

Cheers, penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

Thanks Jon for those photos. I think you captured the essence of what this cruise was all about - as well as the QE2. Makes me glad I cruised on her recently and really glad that there's another year in which most of us will get to enjoy her.

Also, thanks to Kyle for his work on this thread.

David

Wonderful photos. I am so glad I had the pleasure of meeting you-even if our cabin picture is missing. I will treasure my Badge always and the memories will be with me forever. A fantastic experience. Sorry we can't get a recording of the Cathedral Concert

Wonderful photos. I am so glad I had the pleasure of meeting you-even if our cabin picture is missing. I will treasure my Badge always and the memories will be with me forever. A fantastic experience. Sorry we can't get a recording of the Cathedral Concert
Thanks there.

Your picture from the cabin had a big reflection across the lens, I had used a different camera for you and Gav and hadn't set it up for it right.

It would be nice to travel with all of you again, it was a fantastic cruise, how do you fancy crossing the pond in January with the gang?

I wonder if anything will come of getting a copy of the Cathederal service.

The first draft of my photos from the cruise, including the red arrows, are on line at:

Hello Jon,

Lovely photos - Thank you for posting them!

Could you please tell me which photo is cabin 3121.

Thanks again!

Alan

Hello Jon,

Lovely photos - Thank you for posting them!

Could you please tell me which photo is cabin 3121.

Thanks again!

Alan

Hi Alan

Cabin 3121 is the third picture, the one with the two people on the bed. Makes you wonder what stories that room could tell.......the answer I guess is none before I manage to start a rumour.

Jon,

the photos are really good,especially the cabins,you are right about the propeller noise though but what does that matter when you are on this ship.How did you manage to get so many shots of the Red Arrows,I mainly got the sky and a few birds.We wish we could work out how to get ours posted but will have to ask our daughter to help,

till we see you on the crossing next year,

Maureen and John;)

Archived