Explorer Live Now And Then

ooh lets do it in December, Carol. :) Are you game?

Wow how interesting -- they are charging for the backstage tour on the Brilliance?

I goofed, there was no charge on the Brilliance or the Enchantment when I went the past two years. I do not know if they are charging now. I was getting myself all mixed-up. That is not hard for me to do. But I would love to do the tour in Dec.

I can just picture Dave now trying to find Crazy Glue somewhere on board....:D

ooops....Sorry I gave Dave that idea! :o :D :D First she couldn't see wearing the Rudolph the Reindeer head and now THIS! Poor Suz!;)

Pokey:

If that doesn't work they may have ducco cement! LMAO Poor Suzanne....

Sea ya!

Tee hee I think the famous all purpose Duck Tape would work . . . :p

I goofed, there was no charge on the Brilliance or the Enchantment when I went the past two years. I do not know if they are charging now. I was getting myself all mixed-up. That is not hard for me to do. But I would love to do the tour in Dec.

Let's do it then! :)

Carol, if that's the worst mixed up you get, you are a lot better off than me. :p

I didn't say I had to be sane now did I? LOL! :D

Ok, some new news:D

Once again we had an outstanding dinner at Portifino. Be sure to book as soon as you board if you want to dine there as it books up very fast.

For those who use a scooter that do not want to bother taking one on a cruise you may rent one to use on your cruise. Just call RCCL and ask to speak to the special needs dept.

For those interested in the Exclusive Savor Luncheon here is what it says

You are invited to experience an indulgent luncheon that offers you an opportunity to taste 3 gourmet recipes from the Royal Carribean cookbokk " Savor " . Hosted by the Executive Chef and the Food and Beverage Manager, this exclusive luncheon will include a behind the scenes tour of the galley, complimentary wine, and an ultimate table setting in Portifino that is sure to please. As a closing gift you will also receive a complimentary copy of our " Savor " cookbook signed by the Executive Chef. Note: very limited seating for this exclusive event. 55.00 per person dial 3332 for reservations.

Highlights for Day 3 are

The show is the comedy and song of international star Judy Kolba 7pm and 9pm.

Spirits of the Seasons Ice Show 3pm and 5pm

Latin Fiesta Maharajas Lounge 10pm

Mens Belly Flop 1pm poolside

Invitation to Dance 10:15 Studio B

Menu is the Venetian Feast, casual

Drink of the day is the Caribbean Cooler 7.75

Art Auction 2pm

Blackjack tournament 11am

Partner Massage workshop 61.00 per couple.

and tons of other things to do onboard for our second sea day.

Smooth sailing this evening and partly cloudy tomorrow 85 degrees.:D

Suzanne....I am worried about your tooth! You know what I have been through the past two weeks and I have two temps awaiting their new crowns. Luckily I will have them in place before we get on the explorer...but it is tough to eat on one side right now. I can't imagine you are having a good time managing with the cookies!!!!!

Please be careful!!! Safe sailing...and eating!!!

[

quote=aqhacruiser;12160334]

and in light of my tooth situation, I told them that I may just borrow a bedsheet, cut two holes for eyes and go as a ghost to hide the fact I am missing a front tooth. and this IS a Halloween cruise afterall!

Ok, time for lunch and no, the missing tooth has not slowed down my eating capability AT ALL! :D

oy oy oy....Mama Mia! Like I said, first you wear a deer head (that you can't see out of) in a town parade, and NOW I can just picture you sitting in the dining room dressed as a ghost so nobody sees your missing tooth! EGADS WOMAN...Don't you know the FASHION POLICE are lurking in all the corners of the dining room??? They'll yank you bald-headed! :eek: ;) :D

Hi Suzanne,

I have been loving all you reports, and your antics! I am sooooo sorry about the tooth. I realize that that must be a huge pain in the neck for you. But let me tell you, even toothless I would rather be you. Let me tell you why: 25 DEGREES!!!!!!!!! :( So things could be worse for you, you could be home in the cold, going to the dentist!

I will talk to the weatherman and try to warm it up here at home before you get back.

Enjoy! :D

KJ

Hi Suzanne,

I have been loving all you reports, and your antics! I am sooooo sorry about the tooth. I realize that that must be a huge pain in the neck for you. But let me tell you, even toothless I would rather be you. Let me tell you why: 25 DEGREES!!!!!!!!! :( So things could be worse for you, you could be home in the cold, going to the dentist!

I will talk to the weatherman and try to warm it up here at home before you get back.

KJ

I was wondering, were you right on the hump?Or were you in front or behind. We booked just behind, one or two rooms back from the hump and I wanted to know if there was any obstruction. Thanks!!

We were the first cabin on the hump from the forward section on starboard. We couldn't see aft because the rest of the hump cabins jutted out and blocked the view we but could see forward no problem. Strange balcony but loved the cabin.

Good morning! Late afternoon (yesterday) about 5:30pm we had another medical evac for a member of the crew. A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter removed the crew member by basket drop. No details other than the crew member should be ok.

As you know we should be in Labadee and we were rocked pretty good last night from the storm. It seemed like the storm was moving away but it turned a bit last night. We were suppose to be in Labadee at 8am but it's 830 and we are still at sea with no land in sight at least from port side. The ocean has white caps and pretty big swells and we are going slow so we may be near the island now. Whether we can tender or not is the question. It is heavy cloud cover right now so this may turn out to be a ship day for us even if we they are able to tender. It is VERY warm and humid out. BBL with more details as we get them but it's not a sunny day and fog is beginning to roll in now also.

Suzanne....I am worried about your tooth! You know what I have been through the past two weeks and I have two temps awaiting their new crowns. Luckily I will have them in place before we get on the explorer...but it is tough to eat on one side right now. I can't imagine you are having a good time managing with the cookies!!!!!

Please be careful!!! Safe sailing...and eating!!!

Hi Cris! I am not in any pain with the loss of that tempory. The root canal was complete so it's sealed. Trust me, eating cookies is NOT a problem! LOL! :D It's a front tooth to the left of the front big teeth before the canine so it's ok well except for smiling like a pumpkin but hey! It is almost Halloween anyway! LOL:D

It is cold here today. Wherever Explorer is, it is better than being here.

It is hot here wherever that is:D DH just went up to Windjammer to grab some breakfast and he passed guys with snorkel equipment and asked if they were going today and they said no snorkel today! So who knows? We'll find out the scoop soon:)

Hi Suzanne,

KJ

25 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: OMG what is that????????? Ok, suddenly the heat and humidity feels a lot better!:D 25 degrees? Ok, pretending I didn't see that one! :D

[

oy oy oy....Mama Mia! Like I said, first you wear a deer head (that you can't see out of) in a town parade, and NOW I can just picture you sitting in the dining room dressed as a ghost so nobody sees your missing tooth! EGADS WOMAN...Don't you know the FASHION POLICE are lurking in all the corners of the dining room??? They'll yank you bald-headed! :eek: ;) :D

I do not fear fashion police! LOL! They are outnumbered on the mighty Explorer! :D

Well it's after 9am and still no word from the bridge what we will be doing today but the ocean is all white caps. I'm not sure if they'll tender in this but I would say no! No great loss to me and all part of the adventure! :p

Ok, we just received the report from the captain. Labadee is canceled due to the fact Tropical Storm Noel is right there and it would not be possible to get to it. The Captain also gave a detailed explanation on channel 14 from the bridge and showed exactly where the storm is located. We are nowsailing east away from it but will still catch some weather including choppy sea and rain. There are no other ports on this side of the storm to go to so will keep sailing. We are now headed to Dominican Republic! Noel is a severe storm so a big thanks to our captain for getting us out of here and protecting our safety as this storm did turn last night and continued to get worse not moving off toward Cuba as had been predicted by forecasters yesterday:) Heavy fog is now rolling in so visability from balcony is very limited. Another relaxing sea day is fine by me and with nasty weather it will be a good nap day this afternoon. So next stop will be the DR!:D

According to the web site http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/rccl/obs/ex-rt-obs.pl (EOS location and current conditions)

the EOS is on it's way to St Thomas, then St Maarten, San Juan and then Labadee.

Currently wind is 25 knots.

So they really changed the itinerary, this cruise was supposed to go to the Dominican Republic, I was looking forward to hearing about it.

Highlights of Day 4 are

Headline show Jay J Downs 7pm and 9pm

Family Karoke 8:30-9:30pm

Battle of the Sexes 10:30 pm Studio B

Drink of the day Labadoze 8.25

Cash prize and spa bingo 3:45

Ldies night specials in the spa

Progressive Caribbean Stud Poker tonight only

Napping and eating all day ( oops that one was MINE!):D

Ok, that's it, The sky is getting much darker, wind has picked up so not sure how long I can keep this connection and it is raining out. Goood sea day! :)

BBL

So they really changed the itinerary, this cruise was supposed to go to the Dominican Republic, I was looking forward to hearing about it.

We ARE going to the Dominican Republic according to what we were just told onboard by the captain. :) It has been my experience on other cruises that webcams and other online sources do not give the latest info. We were in the middle of Tropical storm Barry in June getting knocked around hard and the webcam showed calm seas at the time so do not go by them. It's alway possible any or all ports can be canceled at the last minute but as of right now all other ports are on including the DR:) We are feeling the effects of Noel at the moment and will continue to throughout the day and the wind is roaring at the moment. I will update itinerary info as we get it from the captain:)

Sounds like a winner to me. Did you get any of the rain th other day?

I am hoping Noel is not causing too much trouble for our sailors.

Yes we finally got rain, Carol. :)

Now we are only about 15 inches down for the year.

It is also finally starting to look like fall. YAY!

OK its a date. :)

Sounds like Suzanne and the mighty Explorer are being affected, but I am betting she is happy since she is on the ship. :p

Good morning! Late afternoon (yesterday) about 5:30pm we had another medical evac for a member of the crew. A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter removed the crew member by basket drop. No details other than the crew member should be ok.

OH my -- I sure hope the crew member is ok. Its wonderful that the Coast Guard was able to get there and pick up the person needing medical attention. I am guessing there was no landing this time due to the high seas and wind?

Another relaxing sea day is fine by me and with nasty weather it will be a good nap day this afternoon. So next stop will be the DR!:D

Highlights of Day 4 are

Napping and eating all day ( oops that one was MINE!):D

Ok, that's it, The sky is getting much darker, wind has picked up so not sure how long I can keep this connection and it is raining out. Goood sea day! :)

BBL

It does sound like a great day to graze and nap and enjoy that great cabin you have. :)

I hope the rest of the passengers brought plenty of bonine. :eek:

Update at sea from the Explorer:) Let's see an hour ago I was walking UPHILL in my cabin and it's better now so the stabelizers are out. Sea is very rough and we are still getting rocked but easier to walk with stabelizers. All outside decks are closed so everyone is safe inside the ship. After my last post CNN said Dominican Republic received 30 inches of rain so I hope we just go to St. Thomas. We are having heavy rain ourselves now.

They added some activities for today so here's just a few things

10am Fitness seminar NEXT!:D

10:30 Ultimate team trivia challenge Schooner Bar

11am Salsa dance class

Noon Royal Auto racing in Promanade

130pm Slot Tournament

2pm Wacky team Olympics Studio B

2pm Texas Hold' em tournament

There are several activities that were added for sports deck that will NOT take place but list mist have been printed early this morning. This is NOT Rockwall and mini golf competition type weather we are having here. :eek:

I should have known the PERFECT cruise to Bermuda last week was just too good to hold! :p One of the ships officers we know just told us we are old hands at storms on the Explorer which is true! If you get seasick you may want to avoid cruising with me as I seem to attract these storms! LOL! :D

BBL

Archived