Explorer Live Now And Then

Welcome home to everyone!!! We have been worried about you!!! We were in the movies Friday afternoon and the dh said to me....have you heard from your explorer gang???? He just loves this live stuff....

Debbie we bought a modem for the mac yesterday to take. Great suggestion!

So keep the pictures coming so we can all live through your eyes until Dec...oh 14th for many of us and not the 2nd...lol

the hubby got his crops done early so I am thinking...hmmmmn 11-30-08 cruise will work!!!! uh oh...Suzanne are you on that one??? Lynn help me out here!!!!lol!!!

Suzanne

How many times have you cruised on Explorer??

Judy

Normally I'd say not enough but I'm glad to be home at the moment.:D I think it's 6? I forget but I know I'll be back on again for the 12 night in a few weeks and the laundry is FINALLY DONE!:p Now I just have a million other things to do! B to B's are great but it takes days to get back together it seems! :D

Hi Suzanne,

I really enjoyed your live posts. Thank you.

I am considering cruising on the Explorer out of NJ, and I have several questions. Were there any new activities on this cruise compared to the typical RCCL sea day activities (activities besides sexy legs, belly flop, bingo...)? How was the entertainment... was there a variety (on our Mariner cruise, all production shows and non-production shows were singing related)? Was there any late night entertainment? How was the pool band... did they play for more than 2 hours a day, and did they sing all of the popular cruise/caribbean songs?

Thanks again for your live posts and your help.

-Matt

Hi Matt, The Compass is packed with activities everyday and lots to do besides pool type activities. Give me a couple of days and I'll post some of the things from Compass. Entertainment is production shows which are singing and dancing, the ice shows of course, a few comics for late night entertainment on a 9 night, various bands and singers in different lounges each night, the new dancing contest, the Quest which is an adult scavenger hunt, game shows, etc. There's always so much going on in different areas of the ship it's impossible to do them all. It's been discussed on the main board that they seem to have cut down on the time the pool band plays on all RCCL ships and I have to agree they do not seem to play as much anymore but there is always music from a stereo playing if pool band is not. I'll have to look at Compasses to give you better idea of length of time. The Explorer and Mariner are very similar in most ways with Explorer being first generation and Mariner second so there are some minor changes. You may find some more variety on the Explorer as it mostly sails 9 night cruises and now also 12 nights so I know they have added several new things for entertainment due to more nights so they have more to switch around. I did post some highlights for each day to get an idea of some of the entertainment. :)

1320 was the same way with little cosmetic things that needed touching up but overall we were very happy with it. We had no clue what all the switches worked either. In fact we screwed up our PA system so bad that our announcement channel only played music and after the first day never heard any of the Captain's announcements. The couch was comfy, I liked the chaise lounge part of that. The bathroom was great as well as the table in the suite and on the balcony. I missed it as soon as we got home. Can't wait to see the rest of your pics.

I somehow managed to get really loud music only in the bathroom! LOL!:D We did get the announcements in livingroom! I liked the chaise part too! :D I will get to those pics soon. Trying to post them in the order I took them. :)

Lynn.. I was thinking the same thing...lol...and hear I tried to convince these two to get their planners out so we could all get on together.....the dh said not in hurricane season.....after listening to me read the posts!!! But what an adventure we will have!!!!

You'd find me down at the cafe eating the cookies...cause who is going to eat during this????

Noel was a fluke I tell ya! LOL!:p We are booked for 10/23/08:D I thought it would be safe in June and look what happened! We met Tropical Storm Barry! How about the 11/30/08 12 night? What can go wrong with that? :D

Welcome home to everyone!!! We have been worried about you!!! We were in the movies Friday afternoon and the dh said to me....have you heard from your explorer gang???? He just loves this live stuff....

Debbie we bought a modem for the mac yesterday to take. Great suggestion!

So keep the pictures coming so we can all live through your eyes until Dec...oh 14th for many of us and not the 2nd...lol

the hubby got his crops done early so I am thinking...hmmmmn 11-30-08 cruise will work!!!! uh oh...Suzanne are you on that one??? Lynn help me out here!!!!lol!!!

Too funny I just posted 11/30/08 12 night before reading this!:D Yes! I am on that one with a few IOS members! Hurricane season is OVER then. Ok Ok............Maybe a little snow but other than that we should be fine! :D

Noel was a fluke I tell ya! LOL!:p We are booked for 10/23/08:D I thought it would be safe in June and look what happened! We met Tropical Storm Barry! How about the 11/30/08 12 night? What can go wrong with that? :D

This was truly some storm. At least you are safe my friend. Are you feeling better??? How are your sealegs??? Did you meat the cookie man????

Too funny I just posted 11/30/08 12 night before reading this!:D Yes! I am on that one with a few IOS members! Hurricane season is OVER then. Ok Ok............Maybe a little snow but other than that we should be fine! :D

Now if I can go on one of the tours like you did!!! We did get to tour the bridge in Dec as Capt Ryan asked us at dinner if we would all love to do this...but we didn't get to sit in the chair!!!!! the dh is trying to remember if he took pictures on the bridge!!!

HEY!!! I was going to say "That girl in the center looks like Christie" and then I realized IT IS Christie!!! You ALL look great! Is that DEBBIE in the back?? :) :) :)

Thanks Sea-Cruise! And right next to me in the same shirt (but blue) is my aunt, SeaSprayTB! And right next to her on the other side is my mother. :)

Archived