Explorer Live Now And Then

Welcome Home!!!! Glad you made it back okay. I was worried with all the updates that you were giving. Just when I thought I was back to reality after our Bermuda trip last month, I see your pics and the sadness sets in again :( Wasn't it beautiful? How did you like your OS? Was it the same one that I had, 1320? Did you have Berrington as your attendant?

To everyone who got off the ship yesterday, welcome home, to all who just left, Bon Voyage.

Thanks Suzanne and all of you who posted live. It was like a good movie, I was always checking back to see what happened next.;) As usual, your pix are amazing Suzanne.

Welcome back Suzanne. Your pictures are amazingly clear, which is unusual blown up to that size. Thanks so much for your live updates throughout both of your cruises. We all had a good time living vicariously through you. Or should I say precariously through you on the second half of your B2B? I'm glad you're home safe and can't wait to see more of your pics.

I've got to tell you Suzanne - AS SOON as Blake got out of bed this morning - he yelled down the steps - "ANY WORD FROM SUZANNE?!?!? DID SHE GET HOME SAFELY?!?!" I said - "Give me a minute to get on the computer." LOL We're all sooooooooooo glad you're home safe and sound!!!!

Hey Suzanne, good to see you're back on terra firma ... for a while anyway!! And thanks again for all your updates while at sea. If I'd been in those conditions there's no way I could have even thought about posting but reading about your experiences and how you dealt with them was really reassuring, even though I'm getting a little apprehensive now about the December 2 cruise!!! Anyhow, can you tell me do we sail past the Statue of Liberty either on the way out or back??

Great pictures BTW!

As Suzanne already told you - you'll be able to see it in the distance - but you don't sail past it. Here's a picture - look in the distance in the middle of the pic and you'll see the Statue of Liberty.

100_4922.jpg?t=1194274184

Welcome Home!!!! Glad you made it back okay. I was worried with all the updates that you were giving. Just when I thought I was back to reality after our Bermuda trip last month, I see your pics and the sadness sets in again Wasn't it beautiful? How did you like your OS? Was it the same one that I had, 1320? Did you have Berrington as your attendant?

Yes, We had Berrington! He is a great guy! We had a lot of laughs with him! :D

1608 is a very pretty cabin but I have to tell you it's noisey!:D It made more banging, squeaking, creaking sounds than any of my JS's! We were in bad weather of course but have sailed thru storms in our JS's too and never heard anything. We just laughed the whole time and called 1608 the fun house! It's pretty quiet in smooth seas except for the closets. They just like to creak! :D The cabin is in good shape but where the carpet meets the marble it needs to be tightened up, there was a small tear in the top of one of the sofa cushions that you just turn upside down and you won't see it and one of the sheers had a repair in the curtain that makes it hard to move around. Minor little things that do not take away from the cabin at all. Each shelf on the bar has a little brass rail that helps keep wine glasses on shelves and that top shelf was missing a rail so that's why those glasses fell in the storm and I reported it to suite maintenance and a repairman was there yesterday to see what needed to be done to fix it. The TONS of light switches are hysterical and after 10 days we still didn't know what did what! :D The cabin has ALL KINDS of lighting and music/tv choices! My favorite things........the table on the balcony, the huge comfy counch, the table in the cabin, the hot pot for tea water, the spacious bathroom, the lounge chair by the big picture window. I'll.... ah..... be moving these things to my JS in a few weeks! :D LOL! It's a great cabin and I would book it again if I wanted another OS. I did miss my big closet in the JS and the vanity set up for cybercabin. I have lots of pics of it coming.

Yes, I love Bermuda and would have been happy to dock there for the entire time but they never cooperate with me about that!

I've got to tell you Suzanne - AS SOON as Blake got out of bed this morning - he yelled down the steps - "ANY WORD FROM SUZANNE?!?!? DID SHE GET HOME SAFELY?!?!" I said - "Give me a minute to get on the computer." LOL We're all sooooooooooo glad you're home safe and sound!!!!

Tell Blake I said " the eagle has landed safely" LOL!:D That means the ground is no longer moving beneathe my feet! :D Although.................both DH and I can still feel the rocking of the ship! That's never happen to us before although I have read of others having that sensation after returning home! Must have been all those days on rocky seas this time:p

Great pictures...as usual :D Thanks for posting!

Thanks!:D Lots more pics will be posted soon! I have to set some goals here! I need to get some laundry done before I get to play on CC:D I am sooooooooooooooo happy to be back on cable! My camera uploads pictures to my computer in seconds on the ship but to prepare them for posting on CC takes an eternity on the ship with a slow dial up so I just store them on laptop until I get home. I like the big pics better than thumbnails or small pics as I can see them much better myself ( for the vision challenged! LOL) so I'd rather wait to get them posted when I can do it right:D

I hear the blasted washing machine calling me..........sniff...WHERE IS ALL MY STAFF??????? :p Oh yeah right.......I forgot.........the staff is ME:o

Ok, One more set for now but only because I want you to meet one of the most important people on the Explorer!

The man on the right is the Executive Sous Chef BUT the man on the LEFT I bowed to!:D He is THEE Pastry Chef! Yes, the man behind all the pastries including my favorite sugar free coconut cake! :D

IMG_0337.jpg?t=1194277435

Waiters getting ready for lunch service

IMG_0341.jpg?t=1194277623

HUGE pots of soup!

IMG_0343.jpg?t=1194277664

can someone post the 12 night menu from the explorer, if you have it and it's not too much trouble?

I'm sorry but that won't available until the first group of cruisers do the first 12 night on the Explorer in Nov. :) I am not on the 12 night until Dec. 2 so they will have menu first.

i'll be seeing you on dec 2

I'm sorry but that won't available until the first group of cruisers do the first 12 night on the Explorer in Nov. :) I am not on the 12 night until Dec. 2 so they will have menu first.

The TONS of light switches are hysterical and after 10 days we still didn't know what did what! :D

On a serious note - make sure if you plug anything into an outlet to be charged (electric scooter) or that you'll need during the night (alarm clock) - make SURE you don't hit any switches that turn off that outlet!!! That happened to a friend of ours with her scooter. She got up in the morning ready to go for a long day site seeing - and her scooter wasn't charged!!!! Not good!!!! My suggestion - what we now do is carry a small plug-in nightlight with us on vacations. Before we plug in the scooter, we check the outlet with the nightlight and leave it in the top plug so if the light goes out - we check to see what we just "switched off"!!!!

Tell Blake I said " the eagle has landed safely" LOL!:D That means the ground is no longer moving beneathe my feet! :D Although.................both DH and I can still feel the rocking of the ship! That's never happen to us before although I have read of others having that sensation after returning home! Must have been all those days on rocky seas this time:p

I'll tell him when we pick him up at college this afternoon. He's taking us out to dinner tonight at Red Lobster for all you can eat shrimp!!!! YUMM!!!! I guess I raised this kid right!!! LOL

All three of us were like that for several days after we got home!!! My sister was REALLY sensitive to it and wasn't "right" for two weeks after their cruise a couple of years ago!!!

Suzanne - thank you for posting the pictures. They a re wonderful! We'll be in 1612 in April - the balcony is a bit strange, but I think we can live with it, LOL! As long as we can see out the 2 areas on either side of the post, we'll be ok. I'm looking forward to the 9 night pictures! Have fun with laundry!:D

Archived