Explorer Live Now And Then

I have a question about cybercabin. My laptop has a modem built it, but is also wireless and can support an ethernet cable. We we use cable to get onto the internet at home, so the laptop isn't plugged into anything to get on line (wireless). Will I be able to use cybercabin if I don't use a dial up internet provider? I wasn't sure ~ and I'd much rather pay a one time fee for unlimited use with cybercabin than to pay per minute to use WiFi in the cabin. How does the cybercabin work? Thanks.

The pictures are wonderful ~ those cannon power shot cameras are the best ~ mine is an S1 IS and I love it ~ it too is idiot proof ~ has to be for my pictures to come out good!! ;)

Yes, you will be able to use Cybercabin. I have the same set up as you do with my laptop and you will just follow directions they give you to get a dial up connection also. Just remember to turn off your wireless switch so it works. Some were talking about needing a modem for Macs only.

I love those cameras! :D

:) Hi Trish,

We did have a great time on that St Martin tour too! Rich & I have walked to Phillipsburg several times. Maybe 10 - 15 mins once you get outside the gate.

Nancy

It would be an easy walk but for some reason they had gates closed when we were there last week but we'd still take the taxi in that heat anyway. I am not fond of the heat although St. Maarten really wasn't that bad compared to the rest.

Suzanne,

Again, another set of awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Yes I would love to see the videos of "our" Owners Suite! My email is LongIslandWater@aol.com. If it is too large to share on an AOL address, my cable connection email is djvolpe@optonline.net.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, I haven't uploaded that one yet but as soon as I do, I'll send it to the optonline one:) There may be a couple of them I can't remember until I get into that file but I'll title it from Suzanne:)

This is definitely the kind of camera I need, I can't believe that its so inexpensive. Does it have a zoom lens and is it easy to download the pictures on computer?

Yes, it has zoom on it and also takes videos too. For the price you really can't go wrong. Takes 2 regular AA batteries also so easy to get them if you need them. Very easy to download photo's on computer. Comes with a small card that holds maybe 10 photo's but I bought another one for it for about 17.00 that holds 1000 pics at a time. It really is very easy to use. It comes with a big instruction book which I never opened so it really is idiot proof! LOL:D It probably does many other things that I have not found yet:p

Hi Lynn, The camera is Canon powershot A 460. I think it was about 125.00 at Walmart. Completely idiot proof which was perfect for me! It also does videos which come out great too! :D

Thanks!! I will have to check that one out! Thanks for all your time answering everyone's questions and posting those great pics.

I walked by the shops in St. Maarten on my way to Subway:D They are all on the street behind the boardwalk. You just walk to water taxi which is a short walk from ship and it's like a 5-10 minute ride right to the town. Easy! :D You really have to take the water taxi because it's blocked off so you can't walk. You could take a taxi that goes around to get to town but that's a longer ride. We always take the water taxi over and shop and go to beach:)

What is the charge for water taxi to town? Do they charge per person? So, if we take it to town the beach is right there also?

I thought of you when I took the Liberty pics knowing you'd like to see her! :D

Thanks, Suzanne! I love Liberty's amenities the best, but Explorer is the most personable, "homey" feeling ship to me! :)

What is the charge for water taxi to town? Do they charge per person? So, if we take it to town the beach is right there also?

Yes, it is $5.00 per person, you get a bracelet that lets you ride all day. And yes, the beach is right there where the water taxi stops. :)

Hi Lynn, The camera is Canon powershot A 460. I think it was about 125.00 at Walmart. Completely idiot proof which was perfect for me! It also does videos which come out great too! :D

Suzanne, glad to see such beautiful pics...my camera is the Canon Powershot A540...I am just getting used to it and still reading the book on what it can and can't do...

Really wish I didn't have to wait so long for my 12-night next year!

Christie, Suzanne, great picture from the M&M...I noticed 2 people at your M&M that we sailed with last year...

Did you guys get pics of the rough seas?

I'm still going thru all the files. There's a couple of pics I posted already going thru Noel when it was just a tropical depression that sent us to St. Maarten instead. I can't remember if I took pics on the way home or not although I tend to stay away from open decks in gale force winds! :D Plus they did have doors closed on most decks so we could not go out

Suzanne, glad to see such beautiful pics...my camera is the Canon Powershot A540...I am just getting used to it and still reading the book on what it can and can't do...

Really wish I didn't have to wait so long for my 12-night next year!

I think that's the one Debbie has and it has some more features than mine does:)

Archived