Explorer Live Now And Then

Yes, you will be able to use Cybercabin. I have the same set up as you do with my laptop and you will just follow directions they give you to get a dial up connection also. Just remember to turn off your wireless switch so it works. Some were talking about needing a modem for Macs only.

I love those cameras! :D

Thanks ~ guess I'll have to read book to find out what the wireless switch is. Didn't know they had one ~ I'm not too computer smart. I just know the computer has a build in wireless card ~ and that it works without hooking up any cables :rolleyes: ~ so I'll have to research this wireless switch.

Your pictures are awesome. We hit Hurricane Dean when we went out on Granduer in August this year and I've NEVER gotten sea sick ~ at least not until then. We had a grand suite and they are located in the FRONT of Granduer so you feel the movement when she pitches ~ like being on a see saw ~ up and down and up and down and up and down ~ it took me weeks to get back to normal once we got home ~ I'm glad you recooped so quickly. I didn't really get sick but I wouldn't eat anything for fear that I would ~ and I stayed in bed and just slept while the ship pitched ~ we caught it going out and coming back ~ while we were docked it would rain here and there but that was about it but both ways for sea days that boat pitched and Granduer is alot smaller than Explorer so you feel the movement alot more too. We were more comfortable OUT of the room then in it this time ~ I will NEVER get a room that close to the front of the ship again!! Alot of people like the back of the ship though, they say you don't feel that picthing, but I can't figure out how ~ if you can feel it in the front why wouldn't you feel it in the back too ~ it's still going UP and DOWN and UP and DOWN.

Hello! :) This is the rust man! He keeps all the rust off the Explorer:)

IMG_0536.jpg?t=1194400582

IMG_0535.jpg?t=1194400658

They can keep the strawberries! Now we're talking! COCONUT RANGERS! :D

IMG_0534.jpg?t=1194400699

Ohhhhh, you are the best...you have made my day...You took pictures of my favorite cookies.....oh they look so good!!!! Thank you thank you....now if you just remember to throw us one while we are waiting to get on...

Thanks ~ guess I'll have to read book to find out what the wireless switch is. Didn't know they had one ~ I'm not too computer smart. I just know the computer has a build in wireless card ~ and that it works without hooking up any cables :rolleyes: ~ so I'll have to research this wireless switch.

Your pictures are awesome. We hit Hurricane Dean when we went out on Granduer in August this year and I've NEVER gotten sea sick ~ at least not until then. We had a grand suite and they are located in the FRONT of Granduer so you feel the movement when she pitches ~ like being on a see saw ~ up and down and up and down and up and down ~ it took me weeks to get back to normal once we got home ~ I'm glad you recooped so quickly. I didn't really get sick but I wouldn't eat anything for fear that I would ~ and I stayed in bed and just slept while the ship pitched ~ we caught it going out and coming back ~ while we were docked it would rain here and there but that was about it but both ways for sea days that boat pitched and Granduer is alot smaller than Explorer so you feel the movement alot more too. We were more comfortable OUT of the room then in it this time ~ I will NEVER get a room that close to the front of the sea again!!

I have an HP Compaq and mine is right next to the power button. When I go on cybercabin I keep the wireless off so it will connect with the dial up modem. When you get cybercabin you will connect your laptop to the modem which is basically a telephone. You can't stay wireless with Cybercabin and you will only be able to use it in your cabin. You can buy a wireless package which is basically a certain amount of time like an hour for 35.00 and than you can use your laptop wireless at the hot spots on the ship. The Explorer cabins are not wired for wireless so you do need to go to a hot spot. If your cabin is close to one you may be able to pick up a signal.

Wow! Sounds like you had a rough ride in Dean!:eek: Thankfully I do not get seasick but I did/do have a wicked cold that is slowly going away. Yes, you would feel it much worse right in front of the ship even on the Explorer. We always book just aft of the hump but these cabins were just forward of the hump for a change so our cabins were only 1 apart from each other for the move. :)

Can you believe that one...sticking with August??? Lynn has a great sense of humor too!!! Guess I better start researching next November. The dh is loving your pictures. Thank you so much. We can't wait to see our GS.

11/30/08! No hurricanes! Maybe snow BUT no hurricanes! LOL:D

You DO know August is hurricane season too right? :D

Yeah - but at least it's EARLY in the season!!!! Actually - I'd love to take a New England/Canada cruise in the fall - but that's not going to work while Blake's in college. Oh well - I'll take a cruise whenever I can get it!!!! LOL

Blake and I were trying to figure out which one was you in the pic. We thought the tall guy was your husband - and that it must be you behind him since that woman has her hand on his shoulder!!!! LOL Now we know!!!!

1608 balcony has a divider in it also but it was fine:)

thanks for those pictures. I will be sure to never book that cabin. That would totally annoy me, getting there and finding my balcony is not fully open.

The pictures are great. Thanks for sharing them. Any tips on tours to take in San Juan and St. Thomas?

Is there a charge for the ice ream in Artic Zone?

Where do you get those delicious chocolate covered strawberries? Thanks again. Iris

The pictures are great. Thanks for sharing them. Any tips on tours to take in San Juan and St. Thomas?

Is there a charge for the ice ream in Artic Zone?

Where do you get those delicious chocolate covered strawberries? Thanks again. Iris

Cariballi ATV or horse back riding in Puerto Rico. We loved the ATV's and the scenery is just breathtaking.

We did the ondeck sailing (racing) in St Thomas and loved it.

No charge for the Arctic Zone but depending upon what time you go you might spend quite a while in line.

Archived